From: davidc@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Man dies after completing world's highest bungee jump
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 15:20:17 -0600
 by: David Carson - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 21:20 UTC

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9777873/tourist-dies-worlds-highest-bungee-jump/
BUNGEE TRAGEDY Tourist, 56, dies after completing world’s highest
bungee jump as he plunged 764ft from Macau Tower
The experience comes with a steep price tag
Olivia Allhusen
Published: 3:32 ET, Dec 4 2023Updated: 4:15 ET, Dec 4 2023

A TOURIST has died after he completed the world's highest bungee jump.

The shock death came after the 56-year-old thrill-seeker took the
terrifying 764ft plunge from the Macau Tower in the Municipality of
Macau.

The Japanese man began to experience shortness of breath just hours
after the leap at 4.30PM on December 3rd and later stopped breathing.

He was taken to the Conde S. Januario Hospital for emergency treatment
but was later pronounced dead.

Hong Kong news outlet, HK01, reported that the man had no superficial
injuries on his body.

Skypark by AJ Hackett, who operate the bungee jump and other
activities at Macau Tower, states on its website that clients should
disclose any medical conditions they might have to its staff before
taking part in any of its activities.

These include heart conditions, high blood pressure, diabetes or
previous surgery.

The bungee jump is the highest in the world and costs each daredevil
customer $478 for the experience.

Skypark have been running for more than 30 years and have operated
4million successful jumps.

It prides itself on a "perfect safety record" and its website states:
"We strive to achieve a high level of safety for our customers and
crew."

[continues]

Re: Man dies after completing world's highest bungee jump

<ukpskq$ea4$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20356&group=alt.obituaries#20356

From: INVALID_SEE_SIG@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 13:23:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: J.D. Baldwin - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 13:23 UTC

In the previous article, David Carson <davidc@wa-wd.com> wrote:
> Skypark have been running for more than 30 years and have operated
> 4million successful jumps.

If you feed 4 million people a thimblefull of distilled water, some
percentage of them are going to die a few hours after ingesting it.
\ / baldwin@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

interests / alt.obituaries / Man dies after completing world's highest bungee jump