From: HenHanna@devnull.tb (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,sci.lang,rec.puzzles
Subject: Kanye_West_:_“I_did_done_call_Kim,_texted_nan
nies._I_got_on_the_phone_with_...
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 00:59:09 -0700
 by: HenHanna - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 07:59 UTC

i think... [did done] for emphasis is quite common today?

also... a quote from Kanye West is almost as good as
that from Obama, Biden, or Trump?

Kanye West attends daughter Chicago's birthday after ...

Jan 15, 2022 — He was then on the verge of tears as he explained: “I did
done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with Tristan
[Thompson], he ...

_____________________

Kanye West Says He 'Wasn't Allowed To Know' Where ...

Jan 15, 2022 — “I did done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone
with Tristan, he asked Khloe. Won't nobody give me the address to my
daughter's ...

Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with ...

<0b3ff5d882608e163810a93620ff9a31@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205423&group=alt.usage.english#205423

From: marius.hancu@gmail.com (Marius_Hancu)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,sci.lang,rec.puzzles
Subject: Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted na
nnies. I got on the phone with ...
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:00:26 +0000
 by: Marius_Hancu - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:00 UTC

HenHanna wrote:
F > i think... [did done] for emphasis is quite common today?

> also... a quote from Kanye West is almost as good as
> that from Obama, Biden, or Trump?

> Kanye West attends daughter Chicago's birthday after ...

> Jan 15, 2022 — He was then on the verge of tears as he explained: “I did
> done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with Tristan
> [Thompson], he ...

"did done" is Black vernacular, you may find it in Faulkner too.

--
Marius Hancu

Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with ...

<slrnv1slip.25p4.naddy@lorvorc.mips.inka.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205434&group=alt.usage.english#205434

From: naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,sci.lang
Subject: Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted
nannies. I got on the phone with ...
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 10:43:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Christian Weisgerber - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 10:43 UTC

On 2024-04-16, Marius_Hancu <marius.hancu@gmail.com> wrote:

> "did done" is Black vernacular, you may find it in Faulkner too.

African-American Vernacular English has an elaborate tense-aspect
system different from Standard English:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Vernacular_English#Tense_and_aspect

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with ...

<afee8791f3aa5e415b0ff867b2968421@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205450&group=alt.usage.english#205450

From: HenHanna@dev.null (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,sci.lang,rec.puzzles
nnies. I got on the phone with ...
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:40:44 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:40 UTC

Marius_Hancu wrote:

> HenHanna wrote:
>> i think... [did done] for emphasis is quite common today?
>>
>> also... a quote from Kanye West is almost as good as
>> that from Obama, Biden, or Trump?

>> Kanye West attends daughter Chicago's birthday after ...

>> Jan 15, 2022 — He was then on the verge of tears as he explained: “I did
>> done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with Tristan
>> [Thompson], he ...

> "did done" is Black vernacular, you may find it in Faulkner too. -- Marius Hancu

i wonder ... what's there in [I did done] besides Emphasis

really ? in Faulkner too? i can't find it here:

i only found [did do]

https://literaturesave2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/william-faulkner-collected-stories.pdf

................. Maybe I even
knew what old Job was going to do. Not what he did do, but that he would do it if the occasion
arose, and that this would have to be Uncle Willy's last go-round and if I wasn't there it would
be just him against all the old terrified and timid clinging to dull and rule-ridden breathing
which Jefferson was to him and which, even though he had escaped Jefferson, old Job still
represented.

So I cut some grass that week and I had almost two dollars.
I took the bus on the day he said and he was waiting for me at the ..........

https://literaturesave2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/william-faulkner-collected-stories.pdf

Re: Kanye West : “I did done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with ...

<0c9f109a0d19ba76b1a2df72571886d0@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205455&group=alt.usage.english#205455

From: marius.hancu@gmail.com (Marius_Hancu)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,sci.lang,rec.puzzles
nnies. I got on the phone with ...
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 00:03:54 +0000
 by: Marius_Hancu - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 00:03 UTC

HenHanna wrote:

> Marius_Hancu wrote:

>> HenHanna wrote:
>>> i think... [did done] for emphasis is quite common today?
>>>
>>> also... a quote from Kanye West is almost as good as
>>> that from Obama, Biden, or Trump?

>>> Kanye West attends daughter Chicago's birthday after ...

>>> Jan 15, 2022 — He was then on the verge of tears as he explained: “I did
>>> done call Kim, texted nannies. I got on the phone with Tristan
>>> [Thompson], he ...

>> "did done" is Black vernacular, you may find it in Faulkner too. -- Marius Hancu

> i wonder ... what's there in [I did done] besides Emphasis

> really ? in Faulkner too? i can't find it here:

> i only found [did do]

> https://literaturesave2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/william-faulkner-collected-stories.pdf

> ................. Maybe I even
> knew what old Job was going to do. Not what he did do, but that he would do it if the occasion
> arose, and that this would have to be Uncle Willy's last go-round and if I wasn't there it would
> be just him against all the old terrified and timid clinging to dull and rule-ridden breathing
> which Jefferson was to him and which, even though he had escaped Jefferson, old Job still
> represented.

> So I cut some grass that week and I had almost two dollars.
> I took the bus on the day he said and he was waiting for me at the ..........

> https://literaturesave2.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/william-faulkner-collected-stories.pdf
See "Nigga did done L.L. Johnny Cash. Beastie Bo ys." at:
~~
COCA

Title Fade to Black (IMDB) (Open Subtitles)

Year: 2004 / Genre: Documentary

Plot Filmed during his \
More info Length: 109 min / Rating: R / IMDB rating: 6.9 (879 votes)

Expanded context

The whole song just went like this. Rick ain't normal. I don't give a fuck. I know all producers have their idiosyncrasies, meaning quirks and some weird shit, but he's just strange by strange standards. while we was downstairs doing hard-core rap records and shit, upstairs he had a bunch of people who having... leaves and doing some type of Tibetan freedom concert planning. When was the Iast time you seen a bison in a nigga's studio? Next is Johnny Cash for us. Yeah. This thing had a Grammy. I told you? I was upstairs, and the guy behind me had a Grammy for Best Producer of a Country album. Oh, yeah? He's just chilling? He's in the back somewhere. Nigga did done L.L. Johnny Cash. Beastie Bo ys. Over 20 years into his career, dude ain't changed. He got his own vibe. I mean, it's Rick. You got ta Io ve him for that. You guys are late. I did eight songs already. I'm just playing. Hey, start this one o ver. pull back. I'm gon na leave holes in this. Then I'm gon na come back and fill in. I want to hear that. Yeah,' cause I want to fill in it. I'm thinking maybe we start a capella with... If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one
. Hit me. Right into the first verse. That's money. - Back in the game, right?
~~~

--
Marius Hancu