From: aime@get-trump-at-any-cost.com (Haime)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Woke state's obese new cannabis director backs out of job one day after being selected
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 06:50:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Haime - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 06:50 UTC

The woman appointed as Minnesota�s first cannabis management director is
backing out of the role just one day after being selected, 5 EYEWITNESS
NEWS has learned.

Erin DuPree, who Gov. Tim Walz announced Thursday would serve as the
Director of the Office of Cannabis Management, announced Friday she would
not be moving forward with the job. DuPree was slated to begin overseeing
the office in October.

DuPree issued this statement regarding the announcement:

This evening I sent a letter to the Governor that I will not be going
forward as the Director of the Office of Cannabis Management. This is an
industry I am passionate about, and care deeply for; my skills, experience
and expertise made me the right person for this job at this moment. I have
never knowingly sold any noncompliant product, and when I became aware of
them I removed the products from inventory. Conducting lawful business has
been an objective of my business career. However, it has become clear that
I have become a distraction that would stand in the way of the important
work that needs to be done.

Erin DuPree

The Star Tribune was the first to report that DuPree�s store may have sold
products not in compliance with state law.

�We have a responsibility to assure Minnesotans that this emerging market
will be safe, lawful, and well-regulated. We�re making progress toward
implementing this work, including beginning the hiring process for 9 key
leadership positions and we will launch the rulemaking process in October.
I am grateful to Charlene Briner for stepping up to continue to lead in
the interim.�

Gov. Tim Walz

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/states-new-cannabis-director-backs-
out-of-job-one-day-after-being-selected/

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Woke state's obese new cannabis director backs out of job one day after being selected