Dear Lord: Please make my words sweet and tender, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

SubjectAuthor
* AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menTechnobarbarian
+* AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menbfh
|+- AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menTechnobarbarian
|`* AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menkmiller
| `- AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menbfh
`- AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of menGeorge.Anthony

1
AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<f4753e5b-9c8f-47ae-b97d-3d0eeb803c81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20536&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20536

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:02:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:02 UTC

"AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/

TB

Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<cG_RM.42278$cGu2.6415@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20537&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20537

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:29:12 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:29 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> "AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"
>
> https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/

For people who can't get along with people, it's kinda like having a
dog that looks like a girl, talks, won't disagree with you, and won't
poop on the floor unless you want it to.

I agree with the author that it's probably not a good thing -
especially for fixing the declining ability of real people to civilly
interact with real people in the flesh - or even in a non-flesh place
like RORT. I mean, look at us - without any AI, just a handful of
assholes flaming other assholes rather than having even moderately
intelligent, informational, and civil discussions and arguments from
which a person might even learn something useful.

--
bill

Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<ufa2t7$14gu4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20544&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20544

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:11:03 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:11 UTC

On 9/30/2023 1:02 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"
>
> https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/
>
> TB

That puts you in a dilemma doesn't it. How do you feel about AI boyfriends?
--
Thousands of unchecked illegal aliens are crossing the border all the
while I have to get my pecker x-ray'd or get felt up by a TSA agent just

Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<b8bbd039-9c1b-4afa-842f-8a0475e5bed6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20547&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20547

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 23:14 UTC

On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 12:29:16 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > "AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"
> >
> > https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/
> For people who can't get along with people, it's kinda like having a
> dog that looks like a girl, talks, won't disagree with you, and won't
> poop on the floor unless you want it to.
>
> I agree with the author that it's probably not a good thing -
> especially for fixing the declining ability of real people to civilly
> interact with real people in the flesh - or even in a non-flesh place
> like RORT. I mean, look at us - without any AI, just a handful of
> assholes flaming other assholes rather than having even moderately
> intelligent, informational, and civil discussions and arguments from
> which a person might even learn something useful.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

There are places where civil discourse happens. This often requires a moderator. The lack of a moderator is one of the main things that makes usenet *special.* I have never liked enforced civility. I prefer to be right out front with people and I would prefer that people come right out and tell me who they are right up front. You know, the way trolls usually operate here. Our jive ass troll is a good bad example. I don't think I have ever seen him attempt to engage in civil discourse. Instead he's telling us about his homophobia today.

If Neon John is paying attention this AI stuff is likely to make him happy. He can have his predigested news feed without needing human intervention to make it happen. He could even get a "moderated" version of this group. lol

TB

Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<Himdne0WNrwVfYX4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20548&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20548

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:59:23 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:59 UTC

On 9/30/2023 12:29 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> "AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"
>>
>> https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/
>
> For people who can't get along with people, it's kinda like having a dog
> that looks like a girl, talks, won't disagree with you, and won't poop
> on the floor unless you want it to.
>
> I agree with the author that it's probably not a good thing - especially
> for fixing the declining ability of real people to civilly interact with
> real people in the flesh - or even in a non-flesh place like RORT. I
> mean, look at us - without any AI, just a handful of assholes flaming
> other assholes rather than having even moderately intelligent,
> informational, and civil discussions and arguments from which a person
> might even learn something useful.

Hey! Are you really speaking of RORT or is that just a euphemism for the
retrumplican party?

Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men

<4v6SM.50229$EIy4.4192@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20549&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20549

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 00:23:27 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 04:23 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 9/30/2023 12:29 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> "AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men"
>>>
>>> https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4218666-ai-girlfriends-are-ruining-an-entire-generation-of-men/
>>>

>> For people who can't get along with people, it's kinda like having a
>> dog that looks like a girl, talks, won't disagree with you, and
>> won't poop on the floor unless you want it to.
>>
>> I agree with the author that it's probably not a good thing -
>> especially for fixing the declining ability of real people to
>> civilly interact with real people in the flesh - or even in a
>> non-flesh place like RORT. I mean, look at us - without any AI, just
>> a handful of assholes flaming other assholes rather than having even
>> moderately intelligent, informational, and civil discussions and
>> arguments from which a person might even learn something useful.
>>

> Hey! Are you really speaking of RORT or is that just a euphemism for
> the retrumplican party?

It's uniquely possible that there might have been a point in the
passage of time when RORT could have been a euphemism for something,
but now RORT needs its own euphemism.

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: AI girlfriends are ruining an entire generation of men