"Whatever the missing mass of the universe is, I hope it's not cockroaches!" -- Mom

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

SubjectAuthor
* Arindam = bertietaylor?Athel Cornish-Bowden
+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Peter Moylan
|`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Madhu
| `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
|+- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Sn!pe
|`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Madhu
| +* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Athel Cornish-Bowden
| |+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Madhu
| ||+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Janet
| ||`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| || `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| | `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |  `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| |   +- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |   `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |    `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| |     +* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Peter Moylan
| |     |+- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |     |`- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |     +* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?HVS
| |     |`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |     | `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| |     |  `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |     `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Hibou
| +* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| |+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Sam Plusnet
| ||`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Tony Cooper
| || `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Sam Plusnet
| |+* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Peter Moylan
| ||+- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Adam Funk
| ||`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| || `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| ||  `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| |`* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| | `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
| |  `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
| +- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Athel Cornish-Bowden
| `* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
|  +* Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?occam
|  |`- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor
|  `- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?Janet
`- Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?bertietaylor

Pages:12
Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<MPG.4089d004d91686d8989c42@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205468&group=alt.usage.english#205468

From: nobody@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:25:17 +0100
 by: Janet - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:25 UTC

In article <574c5bb3aa2cf84d3a80fbf800f3b7d8
@www.novabbs.com>, bertietaylor@myyahoo.com says...

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<0ef28922aa8a04da1c55ce50c7c383bc@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205470&group=alt.usage.english#205470

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:56:12 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:56 UTC

bertietaylor wrote:

> Madhu wrote:

>> * Athel Cornish-Bowden <l85558FufviU1@mid.individual.net> :
>> Wrote on Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:07:06 +0200:
>>>
>>> Had by whom? And for what purpose? What would the point have been?

>> Had by Arindam and his sock puppet. the point is to make you look like
>> fools, and he succeeded brilliantly.

> Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
> Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-:)))))
> We had a great time pulling the legs of the esteemed and pompous fools.

> bt

When the old and absurd e=mcc chanters finally die off, there will be scope for Arindam's new physics. Pity their life span is so long, unlike that of us dogs.
The situation in sci.physics has improved greatly with the deaths of such chanters.
Those with some brains have nothing to say, after Arindam's latest rail gun experiments showing inertia violation beyond any scope for dispute.
As their lack of wits is matched by meanness, surly silence is their sole solace.
The stupidest among the e=mcc chanters desperately try unconvincing ad hominem tactics; poor wretches, what else can they do!

Bertie Taylor (Arindam's best friends)

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<a1aadae1d3d8e00dd78d6c24f224c8b9@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205487&group=alt.usage.english#205487

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:27:01 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:27 UTC

occam wrote:

> On 15/04/2024 19:07, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
>> On 2024-04-15 16:33:56 +0000, Madhu said:
>>
>>> * occam <l84r7sFt18mU1@mid.individual.net> :
>>>
>>> face it. you were all had. you underestimated the effectiveness of the
>>> jesuit education and assumed incapacity of dissimulation.
>>
>> Had by whom? And for what purpose? What would the point have been?

Just fun. Bigdog has no great expectations from you lot.
There is such a thing as fun for fun's sake.
Also, to start the scandal that Arindam's dogs know better physics than the Nobel laureates.

> I guess in the petty mindset of Arindam, that would be a sort of victory
> over western man.

Now who is petty? The termite-type blind killfilers or the amiable brontosaurus Arindam, sauntering past their impressive monuments?

> The fact remains that his crackpot theories of conservation of momentum
> remain just that - the thoughts of a cracked pot from Jamshedpur, India.

Not at all, spluttering fool. All with a modicum of wits in the science groups are now in a state of surly silence after the latest railgun-motor experiments and the graphs from same.

Woof-woof. We knew he would do it. We doggies just know!

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<12c30a152e7bf816858e13918a241132@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205490&group=alt.usage.english#205490

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:36:34 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:36 UTC

> Tell your bevakoof of a master-of-none that as long as his understanding
> of gravity is 'instant' he will die a disappointed chaiwallah.

No worries, possum, my master's understanding of gravity - a version of electrostatic force, like the strong nuclear force - is far, far more than those with their heads bunged up in their private black holes can possibly understand.

When spacetime will get ironed out, by his next invention, a mighty "pung" sound will be heard, globally. There may be hope for you then, possum.

woof-woof,

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<379e862526cd17ea85fdca47f8f1c5f2@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205491&group=alt.usage.english#205491

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:39:03 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:39 UTC

> Schizophrenia can be a wonderful thing. It can keep one entertained for
> ever.

Someone with its head bunged up its personal black hole cannot but confuse acting with some disease!

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<8caa2484a08142568857b286632279ae@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205504&group=alt.usage.english#205504

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:46:03 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:46 UTC

Peter Moylan wrote:

> On 16/04/24 18:50, Janet wrote:
>> In article <m38r1em6rn.fsf@leonis4.robolove.meer.net>,
>> enometh@meer.net says...
>>>
>>> * Athel Cornish-Bowden <l85558FufviU1@mid.individual.net> : Wrote
>>> on Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:07:06 +0200:

>>> Had by Arindam and his sock puppet. the point is to make you look
>>> like fools, and he succeeded brilliantly.
>>
>> Bertie's English suggests a native speaker; Arindaram's never did.

We two are Australian doggies, mystery solved.

Arindam in his childhood spoke 4 languages every day (English and Hindi at his day school, and Russian and Bengali in the Soviet commune where he grew up.)
This four-dimensional linguistic ability is what makes Arindam the greatest genius of all time. Over time, other such dimensions like Sanskrit and Urdu were added.

> Precisely. Arindam deserves some credit for successfully imitating two
> different dialects. That's what fooled us. To do it, though, required
> setting up bertie as a bit of an idiot. In some ways, he was straight
> out of Wodehouse.

Not really, we two never looked like idiots, unlike you lot we made monkeys of. (Hmm, in this case the preposition at the end of the sentence works.)
Wodehouse is past, now we have sex and violence and so-called magic for sale. People are so dull now - can't think, can't write, can't speak... look, we are Arindam's dogs, so we know about thinking and writing and speaking.

> To me, as an electrical engineer, there was something strange about the
> bertie persona. On the one hand, it was clear that he had to be an EE.
> On the other, it's hard to understand how anyone could get an EE degree
> while still displaying gross ignorance about some basic physics. (For
> example, asserting that a gravitational field could propagate with zero
> time delay.)

You have no idea about gravity, nor its cause, possum. Still less about how the universe works. Arindam worked that out in the Covid days. Earlier he had revised physics, starting from his discovery of the correct kinetic formula related to mass and energy, that is e=0.5mVVN(N-k). He upgraded Newton and trashed Einstein & Co., which made him the target for persecution by the ruling mafias.

****
The physics aphorisms of Arindam
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.physics/c/8HgH3sbRe94/m/gYzu9OAkAgAJ

The cause of gravity
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.physics/c/mmigkl3yZYc/m/8Rs16NCXAAAJ

Explaining the nova and supernova phenomena with new physics theories - 1
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.physics/c/6UIGDNHH7n0/m/U0t-kYqgAAAJ

Explaining the nova and supernova phenomena with new physics theories - 2
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.physics/c/CffbGTXV72c/m/5ONP6J6gAAAJ

**************

Fields do not propagate, possum. Disturbances in fields do. Like the football field does not move. The players do. Similarly, electric and magnetic disturbances, where the time variation of the one creates the time variation of another and both move as travelling waves from source to sink, with aether as the medium, all over the universe. Simple, what, but does it penetrate the fat heads of the particle-howling e=mcc=hv chanters?

> It suggested that his degree was from one of those shonky
> places that skimp on physics education.

They did try (in the third year) to miseducate Arindam with a compulsory course on quantum mechanics, the most useless course ever, but Arindam did pass it by answering what was expected. By that time, he knew better than to argue Apart from that the course was okay, with Resnick and Halliday (Parts 1 and 2) being the main textbook. Add to that Irving Shames' book on Statics and Dynamics. Then Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Semiconductor Physics, etc. not exactly related to physics, but derived from same. Add loads of maths, from Piskunov's calculas to Kreyszig's Advanced Engineering Mathematics. Arindam passed all that with First Class Honours, in addition to being the top student representative in his final year.

However, this does bring forward an interesting point, that I (Bertie) heard Arindam once say. It seems that in his second year, in the mid-sem, he got 15/60 in physics! The lowest mark in his life! Actually, he had a bit of a row with the teacher, in a lecture, and that could have been a cause. After getting that mark, he had made a mighty vow, that one day, one day, he would make all the physicists in the world look stupid. The word of a brahmin, possum! See what happened. Well, for final exam Arindam was very careful so he passed that particular course; indeed, never got a supplementary in any subject for his engineering studies.

After that, Arindam worked in military and telecom and software industries for over 30 years, and has his own research company now with lots of IP.

Unlike you, possum, so eager to impress your colonial masters, Arindam was born and brought up in a free country and trained by all sorts of free thinkers.

> Long ago, one of my jobs was assessing qualifications of foreign
> graduates. If I still had that job, I would be looking much more
> carefully at IIT.

What makes you think Arindam has an IIT degree? Actually he has two, of the most coveted ones. He has had, and continues to lead, a glorious life. Engineering now is only a small part of his daily activities.

woof-woof

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<l8bv8gF2cigU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205506&group=alt.usage.english#205506

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:09:04 +0200
 by: occam - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:09 UTC

On 18/04/2024 01:27, bertietaylor wrote:
> occam wrote:

<snip>

>> The fact remains that his crackpot theories of conservation of momentum
>> remain just that - the thoughts of a cracked pot from Jamshedpur, India.
>
> Not at all, spluttering fool.  All with a modicum of wits in the science
> groups are now in a state of surly silence after the latest
> railgun-motor experiments and the graphs from same.
> Woof-woof. We knew he would do it. We doggies just know!

Ah, normal service has resumed. Back to the flowery English of the
Jesuit-trained nincompoop.

Arindam, does it strike you as odd that someone who despises western
imperialist culture (and its science) should have an alter-ego based on
a P.G. Wodehouse character? How charming.

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<381fd81db5da80983ecf6d3b23938913@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205508&group=alt.usage.english#205508

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:11:42 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:11 UTC

Peter Moylan wrote:

> On 16/04/24 06:26, occam wrote:
>> On 15/04/2024 18:03, Madhu wrote:
>>> * occam <l84r7sFt18mU1@mid.individual.net> : Wrote on Mon, 15 Apr
>>> 2024 16:17:31 +0200:
>>>
>>> face it. you were all had. you underestimated the effectiveness of
>>> the jesuit education
>>
>> Clearly Jesuits are as shit at teaching physics as Bertie is at
>> string theory.

Sring theory, possum. String theory was not ours; that matters as strings are pushed or pulled by springs, that is ours. From strings to springs to strings - that's what brings meaning to all things.

Action at a distance is not a new theory.

> Jesuits are an interesting bunch. I lived for four years in a Jesuit-run
> college, so got some insight into their thinking. They are very much
> oriented towards teaching, and that makes them the intellectuals among
> the Catholic religious orders. In the past they have created
> universities and colleges. In the colonial era, they helped to reduce
> the oppression of the conquerors. Of course they were also interested in
> propagating their religion, but that's true of all of Christianity.

They are very highly regarded in India. Even non-Christian private schools have some St. attached to the name. They gave Arindam a wonderful education. Taught three languages, including Sanskrit. The result is that Arindam recites the Chandi to everyone's delight. Then all the rest of course, including English Grammar with Father Clerx emphasizing the analysis of clauses. Terrific Maths, Physics, Chemistry and the English literature teachers (Father Charles who later became the Bishop of Hazaribagh, and of course the great Father Albert Victor Rosner) were the best.

It is impossible for the Aussie colonials to even try to comprehend such a schooling.

> In terms of scholarship and research, their main contributions have
> naturally been in theology and the humanities (with some significant
> contributions to linguistics). There have, however, been Jesuit
> physicists, some of whom have made important contributions to physics.

Probably in the pre e=mcc=hv days, when physics made sense.

> And we should not forget Roger Bacon (not a Jesuit, but only because
> Jesuits did not exist at the time), who has some claim to being the
> first modern scientist.

He certainly preceded Einstein! :-)

> None of this, of course, excludes the possibility that the person who
> taught bertie physics was an incompetent.

Oh no, here we are talking about Father Vassalo. He taught us Charles' Law and Boyle's Law in Std 8, and the meaning of absolute zero, involuntarily perhaps, by using his belly. It so happens, possum, that when solids get heated, they vibrate. The more the heat, the more the vibration. (Belly jiggles faster with the temperature, the measure of heat and related to the vibration.) When the temperature becomes too much, the vibration causes the bonds in the solid to loosen, and it turns to liquid. (Belly rolls here.) Then with even more heat, the matter just jumps up, becomes gas. (Belly moves up.) Now the other way round, when it gets cooler, there is less and less vibration. (belly jiggles less.) At absolute zero, there is no vibration, belly stops jiggling.

What could be more competent?

True we were not taught the modern nonsenses, like black holes and big bang. Ah well, Arindam's new invention will settle them for keeps.

woof-woof

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<ff9656a5ea76a1ffe5f326dfeceeb135@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205515&group=alt.usage.english#205515

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:06:16 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:06 UTC

Arindam is far too much for the small minds of possums to grasp.

Woof woof.

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<uvqtma$2765p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205517&group=alt.usage.english#205517

From: occam@erewhon.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:46:34 +0200
 by: occam - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:46 UTC

On 18/04/2024 09:11, bertietaylor wrote:
> Action at a distance is not a new theory.

Instantaneous action at a distance is a new - nay revolutionary -
theory. Only a physicist of Arnidam's calibre could have conceived of
such a unifying theory the cosmos.

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<5ae54c7455de62f19db5ddbc29e4fab8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205534&group=alt.usage.english#205534

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:53:12 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:53 UTC

occam wrote:

> On 18/04/2024 09:11, bertietaylor wrote:
>> Action at a distance is not a new theory.

> Instantaneous action at a distance is a new - nay revolutionary -
> theory. Only a physicist of Arnidam's calibre could have conceived of
> such a unifying theory the cosmos.

Thanks, but Arindam cannot take credit where not due. He is so honest, and that's why we doggies (dead or alive) love him. He is one of us!

For his PhD degree (which he did not take, please do not put Dr before his name which unfortunately some do), Arindam bought the book "Newtonian Electrodynamics" by Graneau and Graneau.

To quote from page 1, chapter 1 from the above book:

*****

Newton's own words serve best to describe the prevailing philosophy of contemporary natural philosophers. In the preface to the first edition of the "Principia" he said:

"Then from these forces, by other propositions which are also mathematical, I deduce the motion of the planets, the comets, the moon and the sea. I wish I could derive the phenomenon of Nature by the same kind of reasoning from mechanical principles, for I am induced by many reasons to suspect that they may all depend upon certain forces by which the particles of bodies, by some causes hitherto unknown, are either mutually impelled towards one another, and cohere in regular figures, or are repelled and recede from one another. These forces being unknown, philosophers have hitherto attempted the search of Nature in vain; but I hope the principles laid down will afford some light either to this or some truer method of philosophy."

These words apply equally to the Ampere-Neumann electrodynamics which followed on the heels of Oersted's experiments. Neither Ampere nor F.E. Neumann took heed of the magnetic circles around electric currents. THEY WROTE DOWN THE LAWS OF ELECTRODYNAMIC FORCE ACCORDING TO THE FAR ACTION MODEL OF NEWTONIAN GRAVITATION. Newton was more precise and spoke of MUTUAL SIMULTANEOUS INTERACTION BETWEEN PARTICLES SO AS NOT TO CREATE THE IMPRESSION OF SOMETHING TRAVELLING AT FINIE OR INFINITE SPEED BETWEEN THE INTERACTING ELEMENTS OF MATTER.

******

From chapter 3, p 91

*****
More than anyone else, Maxwell was responsible for making the Ampere-Neumann theory obsolete, AT LEAST TEMPORARILY. ...This chapter summarizes the various extension of Newtonian electrodynamics which have been made during and since the time of Maxwell.

...the evolution of digital computers. It made it possible to explore the predictions of the laws of Ampere and Neumann to a breadth and depth that remained hidden to the founders of Newtonian electrodynamics...

There can be no doubt that Ampere himself believed his electrodynamic forces acted directly on the conductor metal, rather than the subtle electric fluid that contained in the metal. THE AMPERE FORCES WERE PONDEROMOTIVE FORCES, JUST LIKE THE FORCES OF GRAVITATION. The matter that experienced the forces did not necessarily move and, therefore, Ampere's force law did not include a velocity.

****

Arindam's contribution is to reconcile the Newtonian and Maxwellian approaches, by finding out the correct formula for the law of universal gravitation, involving electrons and protons. From that, the cause of gravity is found to be electrostatic. Arindam thus unified the forces, by explaining how the strong nuclear force is also electrostatic. Radiation is of course electromagnetic, with the electric and magnetic fields moving proportional (depending upon the nature of the medium) to the speed of light.

Thanks for your interest, and with a cheery

woof-woof

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<432cccb2e367ea56c2d41558b22a9476@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205562&group=alt.usage.english#205562

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:04:49 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:04 UTC

occam wrote:

> On 18/04/2024 01:27, bertietaylor wrote:
>> occam wrote:

> <snip>
>>
>>> The fact remains that his crackpot theories of conservation of momentum
>>> remain just that - the thoughts of a cracked pot from Jamshedpur, India.
>>
>> Not at all, spluttering fool.  All with a modicum of wits in the science
>> groups are now in a state of surly silence after the latest
>> railgun-motor experiments and the graphs from same.
>> Woof-woof. We knew he would do it. We doggies just know!
>>

> Ah, normal service has resumed. Back to the flowery English of the
> Jesuit-trained nincompoop.

> Arindam, does it strike you as odd that someone who despises western
> imperialist culture (and its science) should have an alter-ego based on
> a P.G. Wodehouse character? How charming.

Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<l8elm6Fequ1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205570&group=alt.usage.english#205570

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:44:06 +0200
 by: occam - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:44 UTC

On 19/04/2024 03:04, bertietaylor wrote:
> occam wrote:

<snip>

>> Arindam, does it not strike you as odd that someone who despises western
>> imperialist culture (and its science)  should have an alter-ego based on
>> a P.G. Wodehouse character?  How charming.
>
> Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.

That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam - a
Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century character
from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?

[It's a bitch of a question, I know. I Asked Jeeves (ask.com), but the
service appears to be as useless as your master.]

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<uvt8ic$2qi87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205572&group=alt.usage.english#205572

From: peter@pmoylan.org.invalid (Peter Moylan)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:04:26 +1000
 by: Peter Moylan - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:04 UTC

On 19/04/24 17:44, occam wrote:
> On 19/04/2024 03:04, bertietaylor wrote:
>> occam wrote:

>>> Arindam, does it not strike you as odd that someone who despises
>>> western imperialist culture (and its science) should have an
>>> alter-ego based on a P.G. Wodehouse character? How charming.
>>
>> Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.
>
> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam -
> a Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century
> character from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?
>
> [It's a bitch of a question, I know. I Asked Jeeves (ask.com), but
> the service appears to be as useless as your master.]

I've given up on Bertie, but if you still want to engage with him you
might want to add a supplementary question. Calling people "possum" is
almost a trade mark of Dame Edna Everidge, who is also somewhat aligned
with the colonial masters.

--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<XnsB1598D5CDFCE7whhvans@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205592&group=alt.usage.english#205592

From: office@REMOVETHISwhhvs.co.uk (HVS)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:53:47 +0100
 by: HVS - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:53 UTC

On 19 Apr 2024, occam wrote

> On 19/04/2024 03:04, bertietaylor wrote:
>> occam wrote:
>>

><snip>
>

>>> Arindam, does it not strike you as odd that someone who despises
>>> western imperialist culture (and its science)  should have an
>>> alter-ego based on a P.G. Wodehouse character?  How charming.
>>
>> Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.
>>

> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam
> - a Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century
> character from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?

And the disjunction is even odder when you realise that although
Wodehouse is revered in many circles, a fairly large one consists of
people who are non-ironically nostalgic for the days of empire.

--
Cheers, Harvey

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<5d30162e0cfcd6847e71ce7dfb47c38c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205594&group=alt.usage.english#205594

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:04:46 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:04 UTC

Peter Moylan wrote:

> On 19/04/24 17:44, occam wrote:

>>> Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.
>>
>> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam -
>> a Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century
>> character from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?
>>
>> [It's a bitch of a question, I know. I Asked Jeeves (ask.com), but
>> the service appears to be as useless as your master.]

> I've given up on Bertie, but if you still want to engage with him you
> might want to add a supplementary question. Calling people "possum" is
> almost a trade mark of Dame Edna Everidge, who is also somewhat aligned
> with the colonial masters.

We Aussie doggies enjoy possums.

When will you be killfiling us?

Woof woof

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<895e380169fadcd40907561be27be74e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205595&group=alt.usage.english#205595

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:24:42 +0000
References: <l84dbjFr05uU1@mid.individual.net> <l84r7sFt18mU1@mid.individual.net> <m3cyqqmx3n.fsf@leonis4.robolove.meer.net> <l85558FufviU1@mid.individual.net> <l89anmFkl2hU1@mid.individual.net> <a1aadae1d3d8e00dd78d6c24f224c8b9@www.novabbs.com> <l8bv8gF2cigU1@mid.individual.net> <432cccb2e367ea56c2d41558b22a9476@www.novabbs.com> <l8elm6Fequ1U1@mid.individual.net> <XnsB1598D5CDFCE7whhvans@135.181.20.170>
 by: bertietaylor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:24 UTC

HVS wrote:

> On 19 Apr 2024, occam wrote

>> On 19/04/2024 03:04, bertietaylor wrote:
>>> occam wrote:
>>>

>><snip>

>>> Talk to us dogs, possum. Arindam has no use for you. We may have.
>>>

>> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam
>> - a Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century
>> character from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?

We get it. No matter what Arindam is and has done he is nothing but a brown Hindu and must be suppressed accordingly following sound colonial practice.
How clever.

> And the disjunction is even odder when you realise that although
> Wodehouse is revered in many circles, a fairly large one consists of
> people who are non-ironically nostalgic for the days of empire.

And why not the Empire did wonders for them so what if the imperialists were racists. Many were truly admirable whose contributions were immense.

Indians in the Empire looked up to the British to a fault. There were so many brown sahibs. Arindam played the role of one such character in a Bengali play titled Bharatay Chai.

Had there been a vote Indians would have continued with the Raj. The second world war had taken its toll and India was no longer worth it for the British what with breakdown in law and order. The Indian elites around 1947 despised the nationalists but some among the middle classes wanted the fat jobs the British had. The lower classes were satisfied as they never had such peace and mobility before. But the merchant classes wanted more. Communists wanted total change. A huge mess. What finally triumphed for Arindam and made sense to him out of all the confusion was Wodehouse. Also Enid Blyton before and then Doyle and Saki.

Woof woof

bt

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<uvtru9$313mu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205596&group=alt.usage.english#205596

From: vpaereru-unmonitored@yahoo.com.invalid (Hibou)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:35:04 +0100
 by: Hibou - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:35 UTC

Le 19/04/2024 à 08:44, occam a écrit :

> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam - a
> Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century character
> from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?

They're both members of the Drones Club?

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<l8fkgqFjcrgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205608&group=alt.usage.english#205608

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:30:18 +0200
 by: occam - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:30 UTC

On 19/04/2024 15:24, bertietaylor wrote:
> HVS wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> That does not answer the question: Why is the alter-ego of Arindam
>>> - a Hindu who despises his past colonial masters - a 20th century
>>> character from P.G. Wodehouse's work of fiction?
>
> We get it. No matter what Arindam is and has done he is nothing but a
> brown Hindu and must be suppressed accordingly following sound colonial
> practice. How clever.

Not clever, it is positively _tragic_. Why does Arindam not identify
with his fellow 'brown Hindu' Gandhi, who was admired by so many in the
Empire? If memory serves, he detests Gandhi.

I suspect foul play in the hands of those Jesuit priests at his school.

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<7e05c69e86cc158d39f10929da4742c6@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205638&group=alt.usage.english#205638

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:50:09 +0000
References: <l84dbjFr05uU1@mid.individual.net> <l84r7sFt18mU1@mid.individual.net> <m3cyqqmx3n.fsf@leonis4.robolove.meer.net> <l85558FufviU1@mid.individual.net> <l89anmFkl2hU1@mid.individual.net> <a1aadae1d3d8e00dd78d6c24f224c8b9@www.novabbs.com> <l8bv8gF2cigU1@mid.individual.net> <432cccb2e367ea56c2d41558b22a9476@www.novabbs.com> <l8elm6Fequ1U1@mid.individual.net> <XnsB1598D5CDFCE7whhvans@135.181.20.170> <895e380169fadcd40907561be27be74e@www.novabbs.com> <l8fkgqFjcrgU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: bertietaylor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:50 UTC

occam wrote:

> On 19/04/2024 15:24, bertietaylor wrote:
>> HVS wrote:
>>
>>> On 19 Apr 2024, occam wrote

>> We get it. No matter what Arindam is and has done he is nothing but a
>> brown Hindu and must be suppressed accordingly following sound colonial
>> practice. How clever.
>>

> Not clever, it is positively _tragic_.

We doggies can be ironic. We also wonder at the meanness of the Arindam demeaners. Its extent, that is.

Why does Arindam not identify
> with his fellow 'brown Hindu' Gandhi, who was admired by so many in the
> Empire?

Gandhi was admired by the anti-Hindus who were upset by the Hinduisation of the English, with the Empire going strong. So they started world wars to destroy the Empire. Their leader was Churchill.
The real British detested Gandhi and put him in jail for his silly antics.

>If memory serves, he detests Gandhi.

Absolutely. Arindam is moral and honest so he cannot stand the traitor Gandhi who abused his great-neices. Gandhi was the biggest curse for India keeping it poor, weak, divided, foolish, sanctimonious, confused...

> I suspect foul play in the hands of those Jesuit priests at his school.

Wrong. Arindam was very well treated by the Jesuits who educated him without any preaching. By no means were they the only influence upon him.

Woof woof

bt (ghosts of two unwanted Australian doggies and Arindam's best friends)

Re: Arindam = bertietaylor?

<6938ea684f430afec5db29908d614960@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=205662&group=alt.usage.english#205662

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 04:52:56 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 04:52 UTC

We are Aussies if you please.
We are Aussies if you DON'T please.
We are ghostly pooches of Arindam.
There are no finer mongrels than we AM.

woof-woof

bt (Bertius Bowus Wowus and Tyler Bhooncho Taylor, Arindam's best friends.)