Don't read any sky-writing for the next two weeks.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / The border is secure.

SubjectAuthor
* The border is secure.bfh
`* The border is secure.Technobarbarian
 `* The border is secure.bfh
  `* The border is secure.Technobarbarian
   +* The border is secure.bfh
   |`- The border is secure.Technobarbarian
   +* The border is secure.George.Anthony
   |`* The border is secure.Technobarbarian
   | `* The border is secure.George.Anthony
   |  +- The border is secure.Technobarbarian
   |  +- The border is secure.George.Anthony
   |  `- The border is secure.robert caprel
   `- The border is secure.kmiller

1
The border is secure.

<NZXSM.347913$%uv8.71426@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20674&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20674

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: The border is secure.
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:14:21 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:14 UTC

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson
confronted top White House officials late Sunday, demanding they take
fast and concrete steps to address a migrant crisis they believe is
about to reach a breaking point in the Windy City, according to two
people on the call.
The uptick in arrivals to cities in the US is tied to an increase in
border crossings. Border Patrol apprehended more than 200,000 migrants
crossing the US-Mexico border unlawfully in September, according to a
Homeland Security official, marking the highest total this year and
underscoring the ongoing challenges for the Biden administration amid
mass migration in the region.
“A single office with an identified leader must be assigned to work
for the cities and states across the silos of government to manage the
challenges we all face,” Pritzker wrote in his letter to the White House.
“The federal government must stop abdicating responsibility once CBP
releases migrants into the interior of the country. Your
administration has the capacity, resources and legal recourse to do
this right now,” Pritzker wrote.

I thought we already had a Border Czar - Kakala.
HawHawHaw!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/politics/white-house-chicago-migrant-crisis-tension/index.html

"The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't
the Democrats believe him? He's the head of DHS. He has the numbers.
Follow the science.
HawHawHaw!

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<6e792ecb-11f7-481c-beca-d10568859544n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20676&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20676

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 10:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The border is secure.
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:35 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:14:25 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson
> confronted top White House officials late Sunday, demanding they take
> fast and concrete steps to address a migrant crisis they believe is
> about to reach a breaking point in the Windy City, according to two
> people on the call.
> The uptick in arrivals to cities in the US is tied to an increase in
> border crossings. Border Patrol apprehended more than 200,000 migrants
> crossing the US-Mexico border unlawfully in September, according to a
> Homeland Security official, marking the highest total this year and
> underscoring the ongoing challenges for the Biden administration amid
> mass migration in the region.
> “A single office with an identified leader must be assigned to work
> for the cities and states across the silos of government to manage the
> challenges we all face,” Pritzker wrote in his letter to the White House.
> “The federal government must stop abdicating responsibility once CBP
> releases migrants into the interior of the country. Your
> administration has the capacity, resources and legal recourse to do
> this right now,” Pritzker wrote.
>
> I thought we already had a Border Czar - Kakala.
> HawHawHaw!
>

> https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/politics/white-house-chicago-migrant-crisis-tension/index.html
>
> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't
> the Democrats believe him? He's the head of DHS. He has the numbers.
> Follow the science.
> HawHawHaw!
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The apprehension numbers include people who are apprehended more than once. In fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running 27%. It's likely to be higher now.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics

TB

Re: The border is secure.

<cqYSM.232344$1B%c.177731@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20677&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20677

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:44:39 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:44 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:14:25 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> ------------------------------------------------ Illinois Gov.
>> J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson confronted top
>> White House officials late Sunday, demanding they take fast and
>> concrete steps to address a migrant crisis they believe is about
>> to reach a breaking point in the Windy City, according to two
>> people on the call. ... The uptick in arrivals to cities in the
>> US is tied to an increase in border crossings. Border Patrol
>> apprehended more than 200,000 migrants crossing the US-Mexico
>> border unlawfully in September, according to a Homeland Security
>> official, marking the highest total this year and underscoring
>> the ongoing challenges for the Biden administration amid mass
>> migration in the region.
>> ------------------------------------------------ “A single
>> office with an identified leader must be assigned to work for the
>> cities and states across the silos of government to manage the
>> challenges we all face,” Pritzker wrote in his letter to the
>> White House. ... “The federal government must stop abdicating
>> responsibility once CBP releases migrants into the interior of
>> the country. Your administration has the capacity, resources and
>> legal recourse to do this right now,” Pritzker wrote.
>>
>> I thought we already had a Border Czar - Kakala. HawHawHaw!
>>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/politics/white-house-chicago-migrant-crisis-tension/index.html

"The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't
>> the Democrats believe him? He's the head of DHS. He has the
>> numbers. Follow the science. HawHawHaw!
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The apprehension
> numbers include people who are apprehended more than once. In
> fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running 27%. It's likely
> to be higher now.
>
> https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics

You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are getting
all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming news - even
just a nit.

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<8eff1b83-e21f-4e95-b23f-50785a68872fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20678&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20678

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 20:01 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:44:43 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:14:25 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> >> ------------------------------------------------ Illinois Gov.
> >> J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson confronted top
> >> White House officials late Sunday, demanding they take fast and
> >> concrete steps to address a migrant crisis they believe is about
> >> to reach a breaking point in the Windy City, according to two
> >> people on the call. ... The uptick in arrivals to cities in the
> >> US is tied to an increase in border crossings. Border Patrol
> >> apprehended more than 200,000 migrants crossing the US-Mexico
> >> border unlawfully in September, according to a Homeland Security
> >> official, marking the highest total this year and underscoring
> >> the ongoing challenges for the Biden administration amid mass
> >> migration in the region.
> >> ------------------------------------------------
> >> ------------------------------------------------ “A single
> >> office with an identified leader must be assigned to work for the
> >> cities and states across the silos of government to manage the
> >> challenges we all face,†Pritzker wrote in his letter to the
> >> White House. ... “The federal government must stop abdicating
> >> responsibility once CBP releases migrants into the interior of
> >> the country. Your administration has the capacity, resources and
> >> legal recourse to do this right now,†Pritzker wrote.
> >> ---------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> I thought we already had a Border Czar - Kakala. HawHawHaw!
> >>

> >> https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/politics/white-house-chicago-migrant-crisis-tension/index.html
> >>

> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't
> >> the Democrats believe him? He's the head of DHS. He has the
> >> numbers. Follow the science. HawHawHaw!
> >>
> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The apprehension
> > numbers include people who are apprehended more than once. In
> > fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running 27%. It's likely
> > to be higher now.
> >
> > https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics
> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are getting
> all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming news - even
> just a nit.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing problems where I live. Is it causing problems where you live? I went looking for current information on undocumented people here and found this:

"Oregon expands free health insurance for low-income residents – regardless of immigration status
The move coincides with debates in other states this year on expanding Medicaid coverage to undocumented immigrants"

https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/07/06/oregon-expands-free-health-insurance-for-low-income-oregonians-regardless-of-immigration-status/

We have a lot of problems here, but undocumented people don't appear to be high on the list. Instead of latching onto the sensational I prefer to understand the proportions of the problem. I thought this article was informative.

"The Biden administration is turning a lower percentage of border-crossing migrants back into Mexico
The administration says its policies have discouraged migrants from crossing the southern border. So why are fewer of those who do cross being sent back into Mexico?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-lower-percentage-border-crossing-migrants-mexico-rcna100966

I think it's absolutely fantastic that it all comes down to an app. And not necessarily in a good way. I have always been a fan of science fiction. I explained my fascination to my parents by telling them it was a good source for information about the future. Hot Damn! We're living in that future. Those folks have cell phones. We can call them. Better still, we can track them. If we haven't already, we should make that a condition of their release.

TB

Re: The border is secure.

<5Y_SM.270382$vMO8.59988@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20679&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20679

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:37:20 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 20:37 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:44:43 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

"The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't

>>> Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The
>>> apprehension numbers include people who are apprehended more
>>> than once. In fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running
>>> 27%. It's likely to be higher now.
>>>
>>> https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics
>> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are
>> getting all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming
>> news - even just a nit. -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it
>> don't work.
>
> No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in
> some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing
> problems where I live. Is it causing problems where you live? I
> went looking for current information on undocumented people here
> and found this:
>
> "Oregon expands free health insurance for low-income residents –
> regardless of immigration status The move coincides with debates in
> other states this year on expanding Medicaid coverage to
> undocumented immigrants"
>
> https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/07/06/oregon-expands-free-health-insurance-for-low-income-oregonians-regardless-of-immigration-status/
>
> We have a lot of problems here, but undocumented people don't
> appear to be high on the list. Instead of latching onto the
> sensational I prefer to understand the proportions of the problem.
> I thought this article was informative.
>
> "The Biden administration is turning a lower percentage of
> border-crossing migrants back into Mexico The administration says
> its policies have discouraged migrants from crossing the southern
> border. So why are fewer of those who do cross being sent back into
> Mexico?"
>
> https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-lower-percentage-border-crossing-migrants-mexico-rcna100966
>
> I think it's absolutely fantastic that it all comes down to an
> app. And not necessarily in a good way. I have always been a fan of
> science fiction. I explained my fascination to my parents by
> telling them it was a good source for information about the future.
> Hot Damn! We're living in that future. Those folks have cell
> phones. We can call them. Better still, we can track them. If we
> haven't already, we should make that a condition of their release.

LOL!
Hey, I got no problems here. So what's everybody over yonder whining
about?

--
bill

Re: The border is secure.

<d5516090-4ced-41c2-a68d-af81abf5cb20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20680&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20680

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 14:18:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 21:18 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 1:37:24 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't

> >> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are
> >> getting all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming
> >> news - even just a nit. -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it
> >> don't work.
> >
> > No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in
> > some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing
> > problems where I live. Is it causing problems where you live? I
> > went looking for current information on undocumented people here
> > and found this:
> >
> > "Oregon expands free health insurance for low-income residents –
> > regardless of immigration status The move coincides with debates in
> > other states this year on expanding Medicaid coverage to
> > undocumented immigrants"
> >
> > https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/07/06/oregon-expands-free-health-insurance-for-low-income-oregonians-regardless-of-immigration-status/
> >
> > We have a lot of problems here, but undocumented people don't
> > appear to be high on the list. Instead of latching onto the
> > sensational I prefer to understand the proportions of the problem.
> > I thought this article was informative.
> >
> > "The Biden administration is turning a lower percentage of
> > border-crossing migrants back into Mexico The administration says
> > its policies have discouraged migrants from crossing the southern
> > border. So why are fewer of those who do cross being sent back into
> > Mexico?"
> >
> > https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-lower-percentage-border-crossing-migrants-mexico-rcna100966
> >
> > I think it's absolutely fantastic that it all comes down to an
> > app. And not necessarily in a good way. I have always been a fan of
> > science fiction. I explained my fascination to my parents by
> > telling them it was a good source for information about the future.
> > Hot Damn! We're living in that future. Those folks have cell
> > phones. We can call them. Better still, we can track them. If we
> > haven't already, we should make that a condition of their release.
> LOL!
> Hey, I got no problems here. So what's everybody over yonder whining
> about?
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

I don't have an answer handy. But. I thought this was fun. It appears to be the sort of advice that is given to would be immigrants. More science fiction:

"What is U.S. Customs and Border Protection?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is America’s largest law enforcement agency responsible for securing the nation's borders and helping international travel. At more than 300 ports of entry, the officers’ mission is to screen incoming visitors.

On a typical day, CBP processes about 1.13 million passengers by air, sea, and land . However, more than 700 people are denied entry each day.

Who decides on my entry to the USA?
At the United States border, US immigration officers alone decide whether to allow or deny entry to travelers. Sometimes denial is clear-cut, such as a prior criminal conviction or the submission of incorrect documents.

Very often, however, no specific reasons are given and denied US travelers just have to guess."

"Top 10 reasons for US entry refusal"

"6. Suspicious social media content
In the age of social media, it's easy to make thoughtless remarks available to a large audience. Not only does this often lead to the so-called shitstorms, but it can truly get you into trouble when you want to enter the US.

What can you do?

Before traveling to the United States, make sure to clean all your social media feeds and check all public posts and comments you have made on the internet.

The easiest way is to google your name and check the findings against the ten criteria for denial of entry to the USA. If something you've said or written could make for a false suspicion, delete it.

7. Suspicious content on your devices
If border officials demand passwords from you, they are doing something illegal. However, there are regular reports of travelers having to unlock and temporarily hand over their smartphones and computers. In 2019, for example, CBP searched 30,000 travelers' devices.

More and more often, travelers are being denied entry to the USA as border officials hold them accountable for the content sent to their smartphones by other people."

https://www.the-american-dream.com/reasons-for-refusal-entry-usa/#:~:text=The%20US%20border%20is%20one,denied%20entry%20for%20various%20reasons.

Another numbers quibble. No one can give you a solid number, but it looks like at least half or our undocumented immigrants are people who entered the country legally and overstayed their visa. They are obviously a small but significant percentage of the 1.13 million people entering the country legally every day.

TB

Re: The border is secure.

<ufi7kg$3pn84$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20683&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20683

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:20:52 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:20 UTC

On 10/3/2023 3:01 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:44:43 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't

>>> Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The apprehension
>>> numbers include people who are apprehended more than once. In
>>> fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running 27%. It's likely
>>> to be higher now.
>>>
>>> https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics
>> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are getting
>> all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming news - even
>> just a nit.
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing problems where I live.

It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.

-----
The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
mind.

Re: The border is secure.

<5cd10ea4-8fb2-4fa3-8f8a-aca89494452dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20684&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20684

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:48 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:20:52 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> On 10/3/2023 3:01 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't

> >> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are getting
> >> all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming news - even
> >> just a nit.
> >> --
> >> bill
> >> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing problems where I live..
> It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
> not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
> but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
> drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.
>
> -----
> The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
> mind.

LOL, as usual you are dumb as a stump. Those people pay taxes the same way everyone else does. They subsidize Social Security because they pay the tax and can't collect the benefits unless they become citizens. They pay property taxes the same as everyone else, either directly or indirectly through their rent. In states with a sales tax they are not exempt. They are not exempt from the income tax here. The only way they escape paying their fair share, or more, is the same way Americans do it. Work off the books. Or cheat on their taxes. lol

TB

Re: The border is secure.

<ufk14a$c92a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20687&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20687

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 15:42:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:l9Q60Zs9maGVHPlVPkIUWSE3q0w=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 15:42 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:20:52 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:

>>> No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in some
>>> areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing problems where I live.
>> It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
>> not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
>> but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
>> drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.
>>
>> -----
>> The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
>> mind.
>
> LOL, as usual you are dumb as a stump. Those people pay taxes the
> same way everyone else does. They subsidize Social Security because they
> pay the tax and can't collect the benefits unless they become citizens.
> They pay property taxes the same as everyone else, either directly or
> indirectly through their rent. In states with a sales tax they are not
> exempt. They are not exempt from the income tax here. The only way they
> escape paying their fair share, or more, is the same way Americans do it.
> Work off the books. Or cheat on their taxes. lol
>
> TB

You are, what’s dumber than a stump? You really think all these hundred
thousands of illegals are paying income taxes? How many of those “workers”
you see at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. are income tax payers? Who is paying
their medical expenses? These people are working for cash. At least until
the NAGA dimocrats turn us into a totally cashless society.

Everything is not as Eutopian as you think you out of touch Oregonians are.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

Re: The border is secure.

<3fd2376e-84c6-421d-b76f-637e413ba25an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20689&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20689

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:25:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 16:25 UTC

On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 8:42:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
> >> not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
> >> but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
> >> drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.
> >>
> >> -----
> >> The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
> >> mind.
> >
> > LOL, as usual you are dumb as a stump. Those people pay taxes the
> > same way everyone else does. They subsidize Social Security because they
> > pay the tax and can't collect the benefits unless they become citizens.
> > They pay property taxes the same as everyone else, either directly or
> > indirectly through their rent. In states with a sales tax they are not
> > exempt. They are not exempt from the income tax here. The only way they
> > escape paying their fair share, or more, is the same way Americans do it.
> > Work off the books. Or cheat on their taxes. lol
> >
> > TB
> >
> You are, what’s dumber than a stump? You really think all these hundred
> thousands of illegals are paying income taxes? How many of those “workers”
> you see at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. are income tax payers? Who is paying
> their medical expenses? These people are working for cash. At least until
> the NAGA dimocrats turn us into a totally cashless society.
>
> Everything is not as Eutopian as you think you out of touch Oregonians are.
>
> --
> One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

LOL, as usual, you have your ignorance, and I have sources.

"A new study from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) found that undocumented immigrants in the United States pay roughly $11.6 billion in taxes every year. This number includes local and state taxes. On average, undocumented immigrants pay about 8% of their incomes in taxes.

About Half of Undocumented Immigrants Pay Taxes

Research suggests that half of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. file income taxes with ITINs (Individual Tax Identification Numbers). Additionally, those who don’t file income taxes may have taxes automatically taken from their paychecks.

The ITEP report said, “Like other people living and working in the United States, undocumented immigrants pay state and local taxes,” and “The best evidence suggests that at least 50 percent of undocumented households currently file income tax returns…”

If undocumented immigrants were given legal status, tax contributions could increase by $2.1 billion and the national tax rate would increase by 9%."

https://pozogoldstein.com/undocumented-immigrants-pay-11-6-billion-taxes-every-year-study-shows-2/#:~:text=On%20average%2C%20undocumented%20immigrants%20pay,of%20their%20incomes%20in%20taxes.&text=Research%20suggests%20that%20half%20of,(Individual%20Tax%20Identification%20Numbers).

Most of the people who don't have an INIT are probably using someone else's Social Security number. If you have ever worked in the United States you know that most employers want some sort of ID and a Social Security number. Most of the time employers withhold taxes from paychecks. The people who don't file returns don't get any of that money back.

I'm enjoying the fact that you don't seem to be bothered by our most famous tax cheat.

TB

Re: The border is secure.

<ufki3e$gdld$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20695&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20695

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 15:31:48 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 20:31 UTC

On 10/4/2023 10:42 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
>>> not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
>>> but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
>>> drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.
>>>
>>> -----
>>> The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
>>> mind.
>>
>> LOL, as usual you are dumb as a stump. Those people pay taxes the
>> same way everyone else does. They subsidize Social Security because they
>> pay the tax and can't collect the benefits unless they become citizens.
>> They pay property taxes the same as everyone else, either directly or
>> indirectly through their rent. In states with a sales tax they are not
>> exempt. They are not exempt from the income tax here. The only way they
>> escape paying their fair share, or more, is the same way Americans do it.
>> Work off the books. Or cheat on their taxes. lol
>>
>> TB
>>

> You are, what’s dumber than a stump? You really think all these hundred
> thousands of illegals are paying income taxes? How many of those “workers”
> you see at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. are income tax payers? Who is paying
> their medical expenses? These people are working for cash. At least until
> the NAGA dimocrats turn us into a totally cashless society.
>
> Everything is not as Eutopian as you think you out of touch Oregonians are.

Before the Google expert replies, that should be Utopian. Either way,
they are still out of touch.
--
Thousands of unchecked illegal aliens are crossing the border all the
while I have to get my pecker x-ray'd or get felt up by a TSA agent just

Re: The border is secure.

<05b5ad0e-e0b2-46d1-82a3-e9ec61b0abcbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20699&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20699

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 15:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcaprel@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 22:15 UTC

On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 8:42:05 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is causing problems where everyone in this country lives. You many
> >> not see many illegal aliens (although how would you know?) in your area
> >> but you are helping to support them. You think these people aren't a
> >> drain on our tax base? You really are a selfish, self-serving ass.
> >>
> >> The only thing more idiotic than liberalism is... well, nothing comes to
> >> mind.
> >
> > LOL, as usual you are dumb as a stump. Those people pay taxes the
> > same way everyone else does. They subsidize Social Security because they
> > pay the tax and can't collect the benefits unless they become citizens.
> > They pay property taxes the same as everyone else, either directly or
> > indirectly through their rent. In states with a sales tax they are not
> > exempt. They are not exempt from the income tax here. The only way they
> > escape paying their fair share, or more, is the same way Americans do it.
> > Work off the books. Or cheat on their taxes. lol
> >
> > TB
> >
> You are, what’s dumber than a stump? You really think all these hundred
> thousands of illegals are paying income taxes? How many of those “workers”
> you see at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. are income tax payers? Who is paying
> their medical expenses? These people are working for cash. At least until
> the NAGA dimocrats turn us into a totally cashless society.
>
> Everything is not as Eutopian as you think you out of touch Oregonians are.
>
> One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

Of course they are not paying income tax, they are paid under the table by the crocked republicans that hire them like the scofflaws of Trump’s ilk and his 56 illegals at Mar-o-dumpo soon to be property of the US taxpayer.

Re: The border is secure.

<AHWdnff3lel8iYP4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20704&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20704

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 18:44:04 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 01:44 UTC

On 10/3/2023 1:01 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 10:44:43 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>> "The border is secure", Majerkis has said numerous times. Why don't

>>> Just a minor nitpick, while the sky is falling. The apprehension
>>> numbers include people who are apprehended more than once. In
>>> fiscal year 2021 the recidivism rate was running 27%. It's likely
>>> to be higher now.
>>>
>>> https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics
>> You should tell that to the Dem mayors and governors who are getting
>> all worked up. They'd probably appreciate some calming news - even
>> just a nit.
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> No one should be surprised that the surge is causing problems in some areas. So far I haven't read anything about it causing problems where I live. Is it causing problems where you live?

Sounds like global warming.