Subject: Re: The Post awful steps up its game, sort of, mostly
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 16:53:54 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:53 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> This is another missing package story, with a twist. I recently
> ordered a new crab trap though eBay. It's a cheap trap and the
> seller is using a cheap shipping service. Yesterday I got a text
> message from the post awful. They had a package for me that was
> sitting in a warehouse somewhere because it had an incomplete
> address. I responded to the text with my full address. The response
> I got was just another copy of the first message. They also
> suggested that I go to a specific page on their website. If I had a
> tracking number this would have been one and done. I didn't. What I
> found was the post office offering a new free service they call
> Informed Delivery. I signed up for that just in case. I don't know
> if that helped but, this morning I got an email from the post
> office with a tracking number. My new trap supposed to be here
> tomorrow.

Hey. Just because you just discovered informed delivery doesn't make
it "new". I've been using it for at least 2 years. And that makes me
wonder just how "new" your trap may be. Probably gonna get it and find
little crab footprints all over it.

--
bill

Re: The Post awful steps up its game, sort of, mostly

<uh0m6o$1pr48$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20898&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20898

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:11:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:sw2Bp4UAK6NkkbSE2IyStF1glho=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:11 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>> This is another missing package story, with a twist. I recently
>> ordered a new crab trap though eBay. It's a cheap trap and the
>> seller is using a cheap shipping service. Yesterday I got a text
>> message from the post awful. They had a package for me that was
>> sitting in a warehouse somewhere because it had an incomplete
>> address. I responded to the text with my full address. The response
>> I got was just another copy of the first message. They also
>> suggested that I go to a specific page on their website. If I had a
>> tracking number this would have been one and done. I didn't. What I
>> found was the post office offering a new free service they call
>> Informed Delivery. I signed up for that just in case. I don't know
>> if that helped but, this morning I got an email from the post
>> office with a tracking number. My new trap supposed to be here
>> tomorrow.
>
> Hey. Just because you just discovered informed delivery doesn't make
> it "new". I've been using it for at least 2 years. And that makes me
> wonder just how "new" your trap may be. Probably gonna get it and find
> little crab footprints all over it.

I have that informed delivery service. Lets me know if I should make the
trek to my mailbox just to pick up trash can fodder. It doesn’t always show
packages though.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: The Post awful steps up its game, sort of, mostly