You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / trip input requested

SubjectAuthor
* trip input requestedTed Heise
+- trip input requestedGeorge.Anthony
`* trip input requestedsticks
 `* trip input requestedbfh
  +* trip input requestedGeorge.Anthony
  |`* trip input requestedsticks
  | `* trip input requestedbfh
  |  `* trip input requestedkmiller
  |   `* trip input requestedbfh
  |    `* trip input requestedkmiller
  |     `- trip input requestedbfh
  `* trip input requestedFrank Tabor
   +- trip input requestedbfh
   `- trip input requestedTed Heise

1
trip input requested

<slrnuksk3j.g59.theise@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21011&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21011

From: theise@panix.com (Ted Heise)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: trip input requested
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 15:46:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ted Heise - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 15:46 UTC

Hi all,

My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
trips to summer. That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.

We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
Utah. We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
hoping we could after driving the first day. The most direct
route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
cold for the trailer that time of year.

If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
wil add miles of course. Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?

Are there places we should see along that general route?

We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
area. Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?

Thanks for your wisdom from experience!

--
Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> West Lafayette, IN, USA

Re: trip input requested

<uilltv$2tn69$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21012&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21012

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: trip input requested
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:31:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mto4UmR3Vw/pbhDkRrTFaff98hE=
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:31 UTC

Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
> trips to summer. That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
> early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.
>
> We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
> Utah. We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
> hoping we could after driving the first day. The most direct
> route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
> cold for the trailer that time of year.
>
> If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
> wil add miles of course. Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
> northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?
>
> Are there places we should see along that general route?
>
> We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
> area. Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?
>
> Thanks for your wisdom from experience!

I don’t have any suggestions on the route. In addition to those parks
mentioned, I suggest if you have time to check out Kodachrome Basin state
park. Relatively close to Bryce and very scenic.

--
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein (?)

Re: trip input requested

<uimkua$33k9c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21020&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21020

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 19:21:12 -0600
 by: sticks - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 01:21 UTC

On 11/10/2023 9:46 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
> trips to summer. That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
> early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.
>
> We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
> Utah. We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
> hoping we could after driving the first day. The most direct
> route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
> cold for the trailer that time of year.
>
> If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
> wil add miles of course. Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
> northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?
>
> Are there places we should see along that general route?

If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
world famous Antelope Slot Canyon. Incredibly beautiful place.

> We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
> area. Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?

All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
list you have to make reservation for entry. Canyonlands is another
great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all the
good activities. We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some off
roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road is a
must do. But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do this
incredible trail. Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit. Wife just
loved it.

> Thanks for your wisdom from experience!

Hope you have a great trip. Report back and tell us about the great
things you did!

sticks

--
WWG1WGA
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,

Re: trip input requested

<ZeC3N.13516$cAm7.10798@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21022&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21022

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 22:08:40 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 03:08 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 11/10/2023 9:46 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
>> trips to summer.  That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
>> early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.
>>
>> We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
>> Utah.  We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
>> hoping we could after driving the first day.  The most direct
>> route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
>> cold for the trailer that time of year.
>>
>> If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
>> wil add miles of course.  Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
>> northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?
>>
>> Are there places we should see along that general route?
>
> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
> world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.
>
>> We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
>> area.  Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?
>
> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
> list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is another
> great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all
> the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some
> off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road
> is a must do.  But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do
> this incredible trail.  Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife
> just loved it.

Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in
2004 with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't even
need the Depends.

--
bill

Re: trip input requested

<uio433$3fv81$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21023&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21023

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 14:45:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5Dlj51eHs6R3KbtQJ2YGgrMN+gE=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 14:45 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> On 11/10/2023 9:46 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
>>> trips to summer.  That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
>>> early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.
>>>
>>> We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
>>> Utah.  We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
>>> hoping we could after driving the first day.  The most direct
>>> route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
>>> cold for the trailer that time of year.
>>>
>>> If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
>>> wil add miles of course.  Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
>>> northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?
>>>
>>> Are there places we should see along that general route?
>>
>> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
>> world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.
>>
>>> We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
>>> area.  Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?
>>
>> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
>> list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is another
>> great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all
>> the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some
>> off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road
>> is a must do.  But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do
>> this incredible trail.  Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife
>> just loved it.
>
> Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in
> 2004 with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't even
> need the Depends.
>
>>> Thanks for your wisdom from experience!
>>
>> Hope you have a great trip.  Report back and tell us about the great
>> things you did!
>>
>> sticks

Some people like to take risks. I have seen vehicles on some seriously
rough trail roads and they didn’t look like they could make it over a
speed bump. As you did, they somehow manage to make it.

--
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein (?)

Re: trip input requested

<uio68h$3gdd8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21024&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21024

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:22:54 -0600
 by: sticks - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:22 UTC

On 11/11/2023 8:45 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
>>> world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.

>>> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
>>> list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is another
>>> great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all
>>> the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some
>>> off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road
>>> is a must do.  But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do
>>> this incredible trail.  Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife
>>> just loved it.
>>
>> Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in
>> 2004 with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't even
>> need the Depends.

>>> Hope you have a great trip.  Report back and tell us about the great
>>> things you did!

> Some people like to take risks. I have seen vehicles on some seriously
> rough trail roads and they didn’t look like they could make it over a
> speed bump. As you did, they somehow manage to make it.

This trail is manageable equipment wise if your vehicle functions
properly. It is steep at times, and has some areas of loose gravel.
But going over rocks and boulders is not an issue here.
The difficulty for me on this trail is the narrowness and sheer drop
offs mostly. I don't have the stomach for heights like I did in my
20's, that's for sure. You come around one bend and see the trail going
along the cliff in some areas and it is entirely unsupported. The
cantilevered portions I just wanted to get through as quickly as I could
so my belly would quit screaming at me.
If heights don't bother you, it's a fairly easy thing to do. If they
do, you will be uncomfortable at times.

--
WWG1WGA
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,
unless you're whitelisted and that's doubtful.

Re: trip input requested

<6LO3N.4091$2lob.1704@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21025&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21025

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:22:09 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 17:22 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 11/11/2023 8:45 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:

>>> Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in
>>> 2004 with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't even
>>> need the Depends.

>> Some people like to take risks. I have seen vehicles on some seriously
>> rough trail roads and they  didn’t look like they could make it
>> over a
>> speed bump. As you did, they somehow manage to make it.
>
> This trail is manageable equipment wise if your vehicle functions
> properly.  It is steep at times, and has some areas of loose gravel.
> But going over rocks and boulders is not an issue here.
> The difficulty for me on this trail is the narrowness and sheer drop
> offs mostly.  I don't have the stomach for heights like I did in my
> 20's, that's for sure.  You come around one bend and see the trail
> going along the cliff in some areas and it is entirely unsupported.
> The cantilevered portions I just wanted to get through as quickly as I
> could so my belly would quit screaming at me.
> If heights don't bother you, it's a fairly easy thing to do.  If they
> do, you will be uncomfortable at times.

As the old Indian said, "Endeavor to persevere."

What?
No, he was not a Native American back then - he was still an Indian,
and he might even have died before he could become a Native American.

--
bill

Re: trip input requested

<ZPqcnZiK1sEe1834nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21026&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21026

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:46:10 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 03:46 UTC

On 11/11/2023 9:22 AM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:

>>> Some people like to take risks. I have seen vehicles on some seriously
>>> rough trail roads and they  didn’t look like they could make it over a
>>> speed bump. As you did, they somehow manage to make it.
>>
>> This trail is manageable equipment wise if your vehicle functions
>> properly.  It is steep at times, and has some areas of loose gravel.
>> But going over rocks and boulders is not an issue here.
>> The difficulty for me on this trail is the narrowness and sheer drop
>> offs mostly.  I don't have the stomach for heights like I did in my
>> 20's, that's for sure.  You come around one bend and see the trail
>> going along the cliff in some areas and it is entirely unsupported.
>> The cantilevered portions I just wanted to get through as quickly as I
>> could so my belly would quit screaming at me.
>> If heights don't bother you, it's a fairly easy thing to do.  If they
>> do, you will be uncomfortable at times.
>
> As the old Indian said, "Endeavor to persevere."
>
> What?
> No, he was not a Native American back then - he was still an Indian, and
> he might even have died before he could become a Native American.

So you allege but at the EOTDGF you have nothing remotely resembling proof.

Re: trip input requested

<mxY3N.32661$AqO5.1741@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21027&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21027

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:30:09 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 04:30 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 11/11/2023 9:22 AM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> This trail is manageable equipment wise if your vehicle functions
>>> properly.  It is steep at times, and has some areas of loose
>>> gravel. But going over rocks and boulders is not an issue here.
>>> The difficulty for me on this trail is the narrowness and sheer
>>> drop offs mostly.  I don't have the stomach for heights like I did
>>> in my 20's, that's for sure.  You come around one bend and see the
>>> trail going along the cliff in some areas and it is entirely
>>> unsupported. The cantilevered portions I just wanted to get through
>>> as quickly as I could so my belly would quit screaming at me.
>>> If heights don't bother you, it's a fairly easy thing to do.  If
>>> they do, you will be uncomfortable at times.
>>
>> As the old Indian said, "Endeavor to persevere."
>>
>> What?
>> No, he was not a Native American back then - he was still an Indian,
>> and he might even have died before he could become a Native American.
>>

> So you allege but at the EOTDGF you have nothing remotely resembling
> proof.

It's uniquely possible that you could be right, but in 1976 he
self-identifies as Indian.
Lone Watie : [realizes Josey has snuck up behind and pulled a gun on
him] They said a man could get rich on reward money if he could kill you.

Josey Wales : Seems like you was looking to gain some money here.

Lone Watie : Actually, I was looking to gain an edge. I thought you
might be someone who would sneak up behind me with a gun.

Josey Wales : Where'd you ever get an idea like that? Besides it ain't
supposed to be easy to sneak up behind an Indian

Lone Watie : I'm an Indian, all right; but here in the nation they
call us the "civilized tribe." They call us "civilized" because we're
easy to sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for years.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/characters/nm0313381

--
bill

Re: trip input requested

<xPCdnSODk7JsEsz4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21030&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21030

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:54:44 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 02:54 UTC

On 11/11/2023 8:30 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> As the old Indian said, "Endeavor to persevere."
>>>
>>> What?
>>> No, he was not a Native American back then - he was still an Indian,
>>> and he might even have died before he could become a Native American.
>>>

>> So you allege but at the EOTDGF you have nothing remotely resembling
>> proof.
>
> It's uniquely possible that you could be right, but in 1976 he
> self-identifies as Indian.
> Lone Watie : [realizes Josey has snuck up behind and pulled a gun on
> him]  They said a man could get rich on reward money if he could kill you.
>
> Josey Wales : Seems like you was looking to gain some money here.
>
> Lone Watie : Actually, I was looking to gain an edge. I thought you
> might be someone who would sneak up behind me with a gun.
>
> Josey Wales : Where'd you ever get an idea like that? Besides it ain't
> supposed to be easy to sneak up behind an Indian
>
> Lone Watie : I'm an Indian, all right; but here in the nation they call
> us the "civilized tribe." They call us "civilized" because we're easy to
> sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for years.
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/characters/nm0313381

Hearsay. Inadmissible even in pasta court.

Re: trip input requested

<YKj4N.28195$_Oab.24023@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21032&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21032

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:54:44 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:54 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 11/11/2023 8:30 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> So you allege but at the EOTDGF you have nothing remotely
>>> resembling proof.
>>
>> It's uniquely possible that you could be right, but in 1976 he
>> self-identifies as Indian.
>> Lone Watie : [realizes Josey has snuck up behind and pulled a gun on
>> him]  They said a man could get rich on reward money if he could
>> kill you.
>>
>> Josey Wales : Seems like you was looking to gain some money here.
>>
>> Lone Watie : Actually, I was looking to gain an edge. I thought you
>> might be someone who would sneak up behind me with a gun.
>>
>> Josey Wales : Where'd you ever get an idea like that? Besides it
>> ain't supposed to be easy to sneak up behind an Indian
>>
>> Lone Watie : I'm an Indian, all right; but here in the nation they
>> call us the "civilized tribe." They call us "civilized" because
>> we're easy to sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for
>> years.
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/characters/nm0313381
>>

> Hearsay. Inadmissible even in pasta court.

I'll have my chef's lawyer call your chef's lawyer.

--
bill

Re: trip input requested

<_m78N.149649$wvv7.132350@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21113&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21113

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: ftabor@gmail.com (Frank Tabor)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:06:18 -0500
 by: Frank Tabor - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:06 UTC

On 11/10/23 22:08, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> On 11/10/2023 9:46 AM, Ted Heise wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My wife has a commitment that limits our opportunity for extended
>>> trips to summer.  That said, we could have nearly three weeks in
>>> early March, so I'm starting to think about a longer trip.
>>>
>>> We're in northern Indiana and thinking to head toward southern
>>> Utah.  We may not be able to de-winterize before leaving, but I'm
>>> hoping we could after driving the first day.  The most direct
>>> route would be through Colorado, but obviously that will be too
>>> cold for the trailer that time of year.
>>>
>>> If we swing down farther south we should find warmer temps, but it
>>> wil add miles of course.  Does northern Arkansas, Oklahoma, and
>>> northern NM make sense before swinging back up into southern Utah?
>>>
>>> Are there places we should see along that general route?
>>
>> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
>> world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.
>>
>>> We are thinking Arches, Zion, Bryce, and maybe others in that
>>> area.  Are these likely to be crowded that time of year?
>>
>> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
>> list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is another
>> great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all
>> the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some
>> off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road
>> is a must do.  But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do
>> this incredible trail.  Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife
>> just loved it.
>
> Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in 2004
> with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't even need
> the Depends.

I was probably right behind him with a Dually Crew Cab pickup.

--
Frank

Re: trip input requested

<2H88N.15858$%p%e.14446@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21116&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21116

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:35:58 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 21:35 UTC

Frank Tabor wrote:
> On 11/10/23 22:08, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go
>>> to world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.

>>> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on
>>> that list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is
>>> another great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still
>>> has all the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking
>>> there, and some off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer
>>> Trail Road-Potash Road is a must do.  But you have to have a good
>>> 4 wheel drive vehicle to do this incredible trail.  Scared the
>>> hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife just loved it.
>>
>> Hey. Stop with the fear mongering. I went down the Shafer Trail in
>> 2004 with the Nerdafari (RWD Safari van) - and back up it. Didn't
>> even need the Depends.
>>

> I was probably right behind him with a Dually Crew Cab pickup.

You probably were........but I couldn't take my eyes off the road to
check.

--
bill

Re: trip input requested

<slrnumh30p.ahb.theise@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21150&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21150

From: theise@panix.com (Ted Heise)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:20:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ted Heise - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:20 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:06:18 -0500,
Frank Tabor <ftabor@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/23 22:08, bfh wrote:
> > sticks wrote:

> >> If you do go south, you should consider stopping in Page, AZ and go to
> >> world famous Antelope Slot Canyon.  Incredibly beautiful place.

> >> All 3 of those are gonna be busy, and Arches and Zion are now on that
> >> list you have to make reservation for entry.  Canyonlands is another
> >> great place down there that is not quite as busy, but still has all
> >> the good activities.  We've done quite a bit of hiking there, and some
> >> off roading. If you're an off-road guy, Shafer Trail Road-Potash Road
> >> is a must do.  But you have to have a good 4 wheel drive vehicle to do
> >> this incredible trail.  Scared the hell outta me, I gotta admit.  Wife
> >> just loved it.

I was keeping the immediate follow ups unread so I could update
after making more detailed plans--or even the trip. But it seems
they've expired from the server I use, so I'm following up to a
later post.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great input, I really
appreciate it. Will post more when it's available.