If it doesn't smell yet, it's pretty fresh. -- Dave Johnson, on dead seagulls

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

SubjectAuthor
* The Q-anon shaman returns.bfh
+* The Q-anon shaman returns.bfh
|`* The Q-anon shaman returns.kmiller
| `- The Q-anon shaman returns.bfh
`- The Q-anon shaman returns.kmiller

1
Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

<Q9%3N.14242$BbXa.501@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21028&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21028

Subject: Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 02:29:52 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:29 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "PHOENIX — Jacob Chansley, who may be better known as the "QAnon
> Shaman," has filed a statement of interest to run for Arizona’s
> 8th Congressional District in Congress."
>
> https://www.12news.com/article/news/politics/elections/jacob-chansley-intends-run-office-arizona/75-ceb89d96-4973-4dd6-bbd9-0fe8fde55db2
>
> As a felony convict, Chansley can run but not vote in Arizona.
>
> He should fit right in with some of the other magaloons in
> Congress. Some of them will probably be gone by the time he gets
> there, but they will probably be replaced by other loons. So it
> should all work out well.

Besides, even in Congress, we gotta endeavor to persevere to be
diverse, equitable, and inclusive, don't we?

--
bill

Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

<Ci94N.17181$cAm7.13336@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21029&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21029

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:01:53 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:01 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>>> So it should all work out well.
>> Besides, even in Congress, we gotta endeavor to persevere to be
>> diverse, equitable, and inclusive, don't we?
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Since when do we gotta': "endeavor to persevere to be: "diverse,
> equitable, and inclusive" in Congress? We want people who represent
> us. Who could represent the magaloons of AZ better than Chansley?
> His district is basically the northwest corner of the Phoenix
> metropolitan area, and includes well known places like Sun City and
> Sun City West. Along with a lot of desert (and Rattlesnakes). He's
> a nationally known magaloon activist and a decorated veteran of the
> battle to throw out the results of the last election. This is
> obviously a great career choice for him, even if he doesn't win the
> first time around. What else could he do that has better income
> potential? His old "Free Jacob Chansley" web page only raised
> $27,841 on a goal of $55,000 for Chansley the martyr. I'll bet his
> political fundraising does much better than that.
>
> He says he's running as a Libertarian. That's a logical choice
> given that the retrumplican's leader dropped him like a hot rock
> after he went out of his way to be helpful. But, I think he would
> do better if he joined the retrumplicans.
>
> "When speaking to Inside Edition’s chief investigative
> correspondent Lisa Guerrero, he said what he wished he had done
> differently. “In retrospect, one thing I can say that I regret is
> not working to make sure there was far more peace on that day,”
> says Chansley. “If I had known that was going to happen, I would
> have stepped in before the barricades were breached. I actually
> tried to calm down the crowd on more than one occasion. It just
> didn’t work.”
>
> Chansley was on his mother’s speakerphone, calling in from a
> federal prison in Oklahoma. That’s where he’s serving a
> 41-month prison sentence for pleading guilty to a single count of
> obstructing a proceeding of Congress. In November, he filed an
> appeal to void his guilty plea and his sentence. But, for now,
> he’s doing better than he was before while behind bars.
> “Considering I’m not in solitary confinement anymore, I’m
> better than I was when I was in solitary,” Chansley said.
>
> Chansley, who went to high school in the Valley, gained fame for
> wearing a fury horned hat and face and body paint at QAnon rallies.
> He had the same get-up on Jan. 6 and carried a spear with an
> American flag. But he blames the media for his portrayal of what he
> did that day. “As far as being the ‘face’ that’s something
> the media made me,” Chansley said. “I didn’t make myself
> anything.”
>
> Guerrero also spoke with his mother, Martha Chansley, who says she
> is standing by her son. “He was invited to go to the Capitol by
> President (Donald) Trump,” says Martha. “I feel really
> passionately about how wrong it is that he is even doing any time

sigh.

--
bill

Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

<xPCdnSKDk7LXDcz4nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21031&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21031

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:56:13 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 02:56 UTC

On 11/11/2023 11:29 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>> "PHOENIX — Jacob Chansley, who may be better known as the "QAnon
>> Shaman," has filed a statement of interest to run for Arizona’s
>> 8th Congressional District in Congress."
>>
>> https://www.12news.com/article/news/politics/elections/jacob-chansley-intends-run-office-arizona/75-ceb89d96-4973-4dd6-bbd9-0fe8fde55db2
>>
>>  As a felony convict, Chansley can run but not vote in Arizona.
>>
>> He should fit right in with some of the other magaloons in
>> Congress. Some of them will probably be gone by the time he gets
>> there, but they will probably be replaced by other loons. So it
>> should all work out well.
>
> Besides, even in Congress, we gotta endeavor to persevere to be diverse,
> equitable, and inclusive, don't we?

You misspelled, perverse, inequitable and exclusive. But, you knew that,
didn't you.

Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

<JOCdnSC606JhFc_4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21035&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21035

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:37:18 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:37 UTC

Does this make him "vermin"?

Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.

<7pw4N.4229$gg_1.1399@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21036&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21036

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:18:58 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:18 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 7:47 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> As a felony convict, Chansley can run but not vote in Arizona.

>>> sigh.

>>> --
>>> bill
>>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>>         It gets worse.
>>
>> "His lawyers said during court proceedings that he had disavowed
>> both QAnon conspiracy theories and former President Trump."
>>
>> https://www.axios.com/2023/11/12/jan-6-rioter-qanon-shaman-jacob-chansley-congress
>>

>>            Hmm, he may have taken it personally when orange jesus
>> didn't save him from a felony conviction? I hope he hasn't given up
>> on shamanism and hung up his horns. If he had been willing to
>> forgive and forget he probably could have made a good living from
>> the cult's worship services. As we all know, there is no bigger sin
>> than being disloyal to orange jesus. He has the same problem as Mike
>> Pence. He's an <GASP> *apostate*. Prison may have hardened him. He
>> doesn't have any other skills that we know of. If he can't make it
>> as a politician--which seems very likely--about the best he can hope
>> for is selling pictures and autographs at county fairs and political
>> rallies.
>>
>> TB
>
> Does this make him "vermin"?

Look, of course it does. So everybody knows that Republicans are,
like, you know, <begin uptalk> vermin, varmints, fascists, racists,
bigots, cultists, shamanists, climate change causers, conspiracy
theorists, insurrectionists, domestic terrorists, deniers of various
and multiple things that everybody else believes, have numerous
phobias, and are literally Threats To Democracy <end uptalk>.

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: The Q-anon shaman returns.