Subject: Re: Oregon launches legal psilocybin
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 23:19:43 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 04:19 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> "Oregon launches legal psilocybin, known as "magic mushrooms"
> access to the public SEPTEMBER 16, 2023 / 9:36 AM EDT / CBS/AP"
>
> "Oregon has taken an unprecedented step in offering psilocybin,
> also known as magic mushrooms, to the public. Epic Healing Eugene -
> America's first licensed psilocybin service center - opened in
> June, marking Oregon's unprecedented step in offering the
> mind-bending drug to the public. The center now has a waitlist of
> more than 3,000 names, including people with depression, PTSD or
> end-of-life dread.
>
> No prescription or referral is needed, but proponents hope Oregon's
> legalization will spark a revolution in mental health care. Clients
> do not need to live in Oregon to access psilocybin services but
> must be 21 years of age or older, said the state's Oregon
> Psilocybin Services. A preparation session must be completed with a
> licensed facilitator, the agency said."
>
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-legal-psilocybin-known-as-magic-mushrooms-public-access/
>
> We have all sorts of wild mushrooms here. I've had "magic"
> mushrooms pop up in my backyard.

Have any facilitators popped up there?

> Anyone who wants them can go out
> and find all they want just about anytime we have relatively warm
> and wet weather. The biggest healthiest patch I've ever seen was
> growing on city park land in Portland.

Pretty soon there'll probably be some healthy (financially) patches of
service centers and facilitators popping up in Oregon.

--
bill

Re: Oregon launches legal psilocybin

<sFi7N.98042$svP4.85340@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21105&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21105

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 03:07:52 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 08:07 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> Dumbbell building.
>
> The open space for group sessions has big couches and beautiful
> murals, with a view overlooking the Burnside Bridge. They also have
> private rooms for individual sessions.
>
> They will be offering one, three and five-day sessions that
> typically last all day.
>
> “At the moment, for example, one day group which would include
> screening, intake, preparation, the daylong session and integration
> is about $850, and it goes around from there,” Aidan said.
>
> https://www.kptv.com/2023/11/22/portlands-first-psilocybin-therapy-facility-open-january/
>
> They say they have about 1,000 people who are interested in
> "treatment".
>
> "While some form of legalized marijuana is authorized in all but 12
> states, creating a huge, multi-billion-dollar industry, the
> psilocybin market remains small, with an uncertain financial
> outlook for those entering it. Only five businesses are approved to
> manufacture the therapeutic-use fungi in Oregon, with 13 sites
> approved to host dosing sessions.
>
> Bend is home to two of them. One offers a treatment experience that
> costs as much as $15,000, including several days spent getting to
> know the facilitator and the townhome-like space where the
> treatment takes place. Mr. Beck, who lives in Bend, connected with
> another organization known as Bendable, a nonprofit that helps
> coordinate treatment and asks clients to pay what they can afford.
>
> A single session costs about $3,000, which includes a preparatory
> meeting, a guided session with the mushrooms that lasts several
> hours, and a follow-up appointment a few days later in which the
> client discusses lessons from the session and how to integrate them
> into their other therapy."
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/23/us/oregon-psychedelic-mushrooms.html
>
> Bend was an obvious choice for this. It's a very trendy city. You
> could easily combine some "therapy" with a fun vacation.
>
> Back in the days when I was living in the Bend area, late in the
> last century, the high school football team played a game in
> Pleasant Hill, which is a nice little town in the countryside
> outside of Eugene, in the valley. Some of the kids bought Amanita
> Pantheria mushrooms from the kids in Pleasant Hill, where they are
> easy to find, and couldn't wait until they got home to try them
> out. Like most, if not all, of the Amanita mushrooms the primary
> effect is that it's a strong muscle relaxant. Take enough of it and
> you can't move. Take a bit more and you stop breathing. Some of the
> kids on the team bus ended up in the emergency room in Bend, but I
> think they all survived.
>
> Here in the valley and in many places on the coast we have ideal
> conditions for many different mushrooms. There's a wave of
> commercial mushroom harvesters, who a primarily looking for gourmet
> mushrooms, that goes across the west coast in the springtime as the

Sounds like this whole thing could be described as "Trips for the
Moderately Well-off"?

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Oregon launches legal psilocybin