The time is right to make new friends.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / OT? - Taking His Marbles

SubjectAuthor
* OT? - Taking His MarblesGeorge.Anthony
`* OT? - Taking His Marblessticks
 `* OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
  `* OT? - Taking His Marblessticks
   `* OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
    +* OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
    |`* OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
    | `* OT? - Taking His Marbleskmiller
    |  `* OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
    |   `* OT? - Taking His Marbleskmiller
    |    `- OT? - Taking His Marblesbfh
    `- OT? - Taking His Marbleskmiller

1
OT? - Taking His Marbles

<ukqcvb$s401$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21196&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21196

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Taking His Marbles
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 12:02:21 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:02 UTC

and going home. Sore loser?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-announces-he-wont-run-re-election-being-ousted-speaker
--

If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it
still comes out a potato. Works the same with choosing your gender.

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<ukqdsl$s88s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21197&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21197

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 12:17:57 -0600
 by: sticks - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:17 UTC

On 12/6/2023 12:02 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
> and going home. Sore loser?
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-announces-he-wont-run-re-election-being-ousted-speaker

He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that
includes me. POS!

--
Stand With Israel!
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<663cN.215620$svP4.13115@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21198&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21198

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 13:31:30 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 18:31 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 12/6/2023 12:02 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> and going home. Sore loser?
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-announces-he-wont-run-re-election-being-ousted-speaker
>>

> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that
> includes me.  POS!

Is he an existential threat to democracy yet?

--
bill

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<ukqi02$st7u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21199&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21199

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 13:28:03 -0600
 by: sticks - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:28 UTC

On 12/6/2023 12:31 PM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> On 12/6/2023 12:02 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>>> and going home. Sore loser?
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-announces-he-wont-run-re-election-being-ousted-speaker
>>
>> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that
>> includes me.  POS!
>>

> Is he an existential threat to democracy yet?

Of course not, FuckJoeBiden is walking in those shoes.

--
Stand With Israel!
NOTE: If you use Google Groups I don't see you,
unless you're whitelisted and that's doubtful.

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<CY5cN.230513$_Oab.226778@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21201&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21201

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 16:46:09 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 21:46 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 12/6/2023 12:31 PM, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that
>>> includes me.  POS!
>>>

>> Is he an existential threat to democracy yet?
>
> Of course not, FuckJoeBiden is walking in those shoes.

So, c'mon man, look, there's literally more than just, like, one pair
of those out there, you know?

Which reminds me: Has anyone else noticed that more and more people -
men and women - in the media are starting to talk like Valley girls?

--
bill

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<Ql8cN.6$yEgf.5@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21204&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21204

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:29:35 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 00:29 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 1:46:14 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that

>>> Of course not, FuckJoeBiden is walking in those shoes.
>> So, c'mon man, look, there's literally more than just, like, one
>> pair of those out there, you know?
>>
>> Which reminds me: Has anyone else noticed that more and more
>> people - men and women - in the media are starting to talk like
>> Valley girls? -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> That isn't exactly the way I would have described it. The days of
> people like David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite are long gone. Now,
> every story requires the appropriate presentation and tone of
> voice. So you get chirpy happy voices for happy stories and sad
> faces and sad intonation for sad stories. Local news requires that
> everyone acts like they are all part of one big happy family. And
> those dresses. The lady newscasters are mostly wearing various
> versions of the same single color, baggy dress. The details change,
> but the basic design stays the same. The dresses look like they
> were made to work well with green screen effects. The women often
> end up looking like they're all clones from the same factory.

Look, maybe they, like, totally are, you know?

--
bill

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<XBednRbVx8tp3Oz4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21206&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21206

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:54:28 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 03:54 UTC

On 12/6/2023 2:39 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 1:46:14 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> Of course not, FuckJoeBiden is walking in those shoes.
>> So, c'mon man, look, there's literally more than just, like, one pair
>> of those out there, you know?
>>
>> Which reminds me: Has anyone else noticed that more and more people -
>> men and women - in the media are starting to talk like Valley girls?
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> That isn't exactly the way I would have described it. The days of people like David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite are long gone. Now, every story requires the appropriate presentation and tone of voice. So you get chirpy happy voices for happy stories and sad faces and sad intonation for sad stories. Local news requires that everyone acts like they are all part of one big happy family. And those dresses. The lady newscasters are mostly wearing various versions of the same single color, baggy dress. The details change, but the basic design stays the same. The dresses look like they were made to work well with green screen effects. The women often end up looking like they're all clones from the same factory.
>
> TB

Not so around these parts. Several times I've been tempted to send the
Seattle weather women a can or two of spray paint so that they could
change the color of whatever paint they're currently wearing. The good
thing is you can't have a wardrobe malfunction when your wardrobe comes
from a spray can.

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<iHQcN.3519$xHn7.1245@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21219&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21219

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 21:56:14 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 02:56 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 4:29:40 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that

>>> That isn't exactly the way I would have described it. The days
>>> of people like David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite are long
>>> gone. Now, every story requires the appropriate presentation
>>> and tone of voice. So you get chirpy happy voices for happy
>>> stories and sad faces and sad intonation for sad stories. Local
>>> news requires that everyone acts like they are all part of one
>>> big happy family. And those dresses. The lady newscasters are
>>> mostly wearing various versions of the same single color, baggy
>>> dress. The details change, but the basic design stays the same.
>>> The dresses look like they were made to work well with green
>>> screen effects. The women often end up looking like they're all
>>> clones from the same factory.
>> Look, maybe they, like, totally are, you know? -- bill Theory
>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> That's possible, but it's more likely that what we're seeing is the
> result of big corporations studying what we want and giving it to
> us, down to tiny details. Those dresses are probably designed to
> draw as few complaints as possible, except for maybe from the women
> who have to wear them. I saw a lady on the news wearing long pants
> with a blouse the other day. Even though they were very ordinary
> colors she looked like some sort of wild feminist hippy, compared
> to the other women.
>
> Wherever you are in this country the local news looks like it was
> all carefully put together using the same formula. You have to have
> so much "hard" news, and and so much sports and healthy amount of
> happy stories, no matter how sappy and ridiculous they may be, on
> and on. The way the local news looks and sounds now is probably a
> crude preview of what the world will look like after our AI masters
> take over.

<valleygirlspeak on>
Whatever. (shrug)
<valleygirlspeak off>

--
bill

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<yTKdnVjzO9I9Ven4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21221&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21221

Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 12:05:55 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 20:05 UTC

On 12/8/2023 6:56 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that

>>> Look, maybe they, like, totally are, you know? -- bill Theory
>>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> That's possible, but it's more likely that what we're seeing is the
>> result of big corporations studying what we want and giving it to
>> us, down to tiny details. Those dresses are probably designed to
>> draw as few complaints as possible, except for maybe from the women
>> who have to wear them. I saw a lady on the news wearing long pants
>> with a blouse the other day.  Even though they were very ordinary
>> colors she looked like some sort of wild feminist hippy, compared
>> to the other women.
>>
>> Wherever you are in this country the local news looks like it was
>> all carefully put together using the same formula. You have to have
>> so much "hard" news, and and so much sports and healthy amount of
>> happy stories, no matter how sappy and ridiculous they may be, on
>> and on. The way the local news looks and sounds now is probably a
>> crude preview of what the world will look like after our AI masters
>> take over.
>
> <valleygirlspeak on>
> Whatever. (shrug)
> <valleygirlspeak off>

<redneckspeak on>
Gol y'all!
<redneckspeak off>

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<v%3dN.9282$7sbb.1101@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21222&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21222

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 15:21:46 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 20:21 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 12/8/2023 6:56 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that

>>> That's possible, but it's more likely that what we're seeing is the
>>> result of big corporations studying what we want and giving it to
>>> us, down to tiny details. Those dresses are probably designed to
>>> draw as few complaints as possible, except for maybe from the women
>>> who have to wear them. I saw a lady on the news wearing long pants
>>> with a blouse the other day.  Even though they were very ordinary
>>> colors she looked like some sort of wild feminist hippy, compared
>>> to the other women.
>>>
>>> Wherever you are in this country the local news looks like it was
>>> all carefully put together using the same formula. You have to have
>>> so much "hard" news, and and so much sports and healthy amount of
>>> happy stories, no matter how sappy and ridiculous they may be, on
>>> and on. The way the local news looks and sounds now is probably a
>>> crude preview of what the world will look like after our AI masters
>>> take over.
>>
>> <valleygirlspeak on>
>> Whatever. (shrug)
>> <valleygirlspeak off>
>>

> <redneckspeak on>
> Gol y'all!
> <redneckspeak off>

"Gol"? I don't know that one. Is my Redneck Dictionary out of date?

--
bill

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<VCednaszh7NU5-X4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21300&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21300

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 07:22:50 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:22 UTC

On 12/9/2023 12:21 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> He has just confirmed all the doubts people had on him, and that

>>> <valleygirlspeak on>
>>> Whatever. (shrug)
>>> <valleygirlspeak off>
>>>

>> <redneckspeak on>
>> Gol y'all!
>> <redneckspeak off>
>
> "Gol"? I don't know that one. Is my Redneck Dictionary out of date?

<redneckspeak on>I'm voting for the Orange Goon. Democracy needs a
dictator!><redneckspeak off>

Re: OT? - Taking His Marbles

<iJ1eN.9718$xHn7.2907@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21301&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21301

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
<663cN.215620$svP4.13115@fx12.iad> <ukqi02$st7u$1@dont-email.me>
<CY5cN.230513$_Oab.226778@fx15.iad>
<a68d92e7-731e-40d2-8b7e-2dda5aa3b8acn@googlegroups.com>
<Ql8cN.6$yEgf.5@fx09.iad>
<0641276f-293a-4242-9865-0f8506bed5f6n@googlegroups.com>
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:34:54 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 18:34 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 12/9/2023 12:21 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> <redneckspeak on>
>>> Gol y'all!
>>> <redneckspeak off>
>>
>> "Gol"? I don't know that one. Is my Redneck Dictionary out of date?
>>

> <redneckspeak on>I'm voting for the Orange Goon. Democracy needs a
> dictator!><redneckspeak off>

Wut?

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / OT? - Taking His Marbles