Subject: Re: George Santos is earning six figures from Cameo videos
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 19:34:45 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 00:34 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "The former congressman was expelled last Friday for a variety of
> sins and alleged crimes, including overcharging the credit card of
> a colleague’s mother. He has, in the intervening four days,
> stumbled across a path to making a living that dwarfs the $174,000
> salary he earned as a member of Congress.
>
> In fact, Santos said — and screenshots and the CEO of Cameo
> confirmed — that he has lined up more than that sum in his first
> 48 hours on the platform. People pay between $200 and $300 to
> Santos for various flavors of communication. The videos can take
> less than a minute to film, and the platform has brought millions
> of dollars to the occasional campy, game, minor celebrity like the
> late comedian Gilbert Gottfried.
>
> Santos “is going to be an absolute whale,” Cameo’s founder
> and CEO, Steven Galanis, told Semafor. His launch, Galanis said, is
> among the platform’s best ever: “Sarah Jessica Parker, Bon Jovi
> — he’s putting numbers up like that,” he said.
>
> Santos does seem to be putting his heart into the project."
>
> "He does seem to have finally found, as The New York Times noted, a
> way to make an “honest buck.” As Galanis, the Cameo CEO, told
> me, “This platform was built for him and he was built for
> it.”"
>
> https://www.semafor.com/article/12/06/2023/george-santos-is-earning-six-figures-from-cameo-videos
>
> The whole thing is a fun story.

You can't keep a bad man......ummmm.......person down.

--
bill

Re: George Santos is earning six figures from Cameo videos

<ul0oev$23bi7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21220&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21220

From: usenet@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 03:55:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: mike@Mike-Laptop.localdomain (Mike-Laptop)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 03:55 UTC

In article <Gq8cN.222326$BbXa.161071@fx16.iad>, bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>> "The former congressman was expelled last Friday for a variety of
>> sins and alleged crimes, including overcharging the credit card of
>> a colleague’s mother. He has, in the intervening four days,
>> stumbled across a path to making a living that dwarfs the $174,000
>> salary he earned as a member of Congress.
>>
>> In fact, Santos said — and screenshots and the CEO of Cameo
>> confirmed — that he has lined up more than that sum in his first
>> 48 hours on the platform.

Fetterman bought a clip of Santos giving amusing "advice" to
Congressman Robert "Gold Bars" Menendez. That was the first
I've heard of Cameo.

As someone has said, I'm not particularly concerned about
millionaires and billionaires in Congress. I'm *dang*
concerned about people who *become* millionaires and
billionaires while "serving" in Congress.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: George Santos is earning six figures from Cameo videos