Age before beauty; and pearls before swine. -- Dorothy Parker

interests / alt.education / Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

SubjectAuthor
* California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' duseapen
+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminTrent James
+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminNoBody
|+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLee
||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLil-man-ball
||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminmax headroom
||`* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminNoBody
|| +* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminSiri Cruise
|| |+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminBill Pfister
|| |`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminNoBody
|| +* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLee
|| |`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminNoBody
|| `- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminBill Pfister
|+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminMax Boot
||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLil-man-ball
||+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJohn Simons
|||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLil-man-ball
|||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminSiri Cruise
|||+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminGovernor Swill
|||`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminPaul Jackson
||`* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJust Wondering
|| +- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJosh Rosenbluth
|| +- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminSiri Cruise
|| `- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminGovernor Swill
|`* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJust Wondering
| +* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJosh Rosenbluth
| |+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminLou Bricano
| ||+* Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminJosh Rosenbluth
| ||+- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminKaren Bass USC degree rental
| ||`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminKaren Bass USC degree rental
| |`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminNoBody
| `- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminGovernor Swill
`- Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarminDarryl

Pages:12
California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<XnsB156EDF7E2BFDBX@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2125&group=alt.education#2125

From: yourdime@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Subject: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23 UTC

The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
Hamas conflict.

The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."

The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
that links to a pro-Palestine website.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvo3mf$e98$1@toxic.dizum.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2126&group=alt.education#2126

From: tj@buggeredthing.com (Trent James)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Subject: Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 02:10:44 -0700
 by: Trent James - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:10 UTC

On 4/16/2024 11:23 PM, useapen wrote:
> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
> Hamas conflict.
>
> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
> from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
> give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>
> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/

Put her and that ugly cunt Rashida Tlaib in a bomb bay and open it over
Israel.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<p3cv1jps5pc4rpi578p5ohdo2r8073ml2c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2127&group=alt.education#2127

From: NoBody@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:20:40 -0400
 by: NoBody - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:20 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
<yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:

>The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>Hamas conflict.
>
>The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
>from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
>give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
>university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>
>The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
>that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>
>https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/

Nothing like silencing free speech.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<H_KcnREHK-oDdIL7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2128&group=alt.education#2128

From: cleetis@gmail.com (Lee)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:24:14 +0000
 by: Lee - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:24 UTC

NoBody wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will
> > no longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing
> > "substantial risks relating to security" over social media chatter
> > surrounding the Israel- Hamas conflict.
> >
> > The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year
> > student from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the
> > valedictorian and would give a speech alongside two salutatorians.
> > In a news release Monday, the university said she would no longer
> > speak at the ceremony after the discussion about her selection took
> > on "an alarming tenor."
> >
> > The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to
> > the university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an
> > Instagram bio that links to a pro-Palestine website.
> >
> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels
> > - valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>
> Nothing like silencing free speech.

"Silencing free speecch", indeed.

Trump orders two ex-White House
aides not to testify at House
hearing
September 16, 20198

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1W203X/

Trump Admin Orders Witness In
Impeachment Inquiry Not to Testify
October 8, 2019

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/trump-admin-orders-witness-in-impeac
hment-inquiry-not-to-testify-before-house-committee/

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<20240417094956.583bf1ab@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2129&group=alt.education#2129

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:49:56 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:49 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:24:14 +0000
"Lee" <cleetis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trump orders two ex-White House
> aides not to testify at House
> hearing

Eggseletne!

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<JHSTN.11538$zWO8.7257@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2133&group=alt.education#2133

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: max.boot@lathymes.com (Max Boot)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:23:04 -0700
 by: Max Boot - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:23 UTC

On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>> Hamas conflict.
>>
>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
>>from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
>> give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
>> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>
>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
>> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>
> Nothing like silencing free speech.

This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want people with
her views to be prevented from speaking.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<20240417103706.5e21fe2d@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2134&group=alt.education#2134

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:37:06 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:37 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:23:04 -0700
Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:

> knee-jerk pro
Poor Phil Hendry/tRudy Canoza, he wanted all the notoriety the late Art
Bell had in the fringe radio market, but everyone hated him for his
manipulative voice-overs of characters that existed only in his
tortured mind.

In essence tRudy used Phil's functional mental illness as a proxy for
his own decrepit schizophrenia and MPD.

Bit of a case of life imitating art, this one is...

Well sheeitburgers from Suckramento...here he goes again!

It's another tRudy sock up:

From: Derek Nash <derekknish@outlooky.com>

From: Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot>

From: Wayne Autrey <another.loser@terrells.pals>

From: Eunice Wunderlich <some_whore@starkville.cemetery.con>

From: Don Shepler <wieber.associate@shitbags.united>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Fred J McCall <fjmc_call@gmail.com>

From: "Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>

From: Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.corn>

From: OrigInfoJunkie <bondrock@att.net>

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>

From: "Mr. B1ack" <bykkker@dogshit~rag.nut>

From: Lou Bricano <lb@cap.con>

From: Rudy Canoza <rc.@hendrie.con>

Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut>

Now tRudy, can you fire up your Gunner Asch sock too?

You pathetic slithering traitor to America.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvov78$1n6u2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2135&group=alt.education#2135

From: maximusheadroom@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:43:08 -0700
 by: max headroom - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:43 UTC

In news:H_KcnREHK-oDdIL7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com, Lee <cleetis@gmail.com>
typed:

> NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will
>>> no longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing
>>> "substantial risks relating to security" over social media chatter
>>> surrounding the Israel- Hamas conflict.

>>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year
>>> student from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the
>>> valedictorian and would give a speech alongside two salutatorians.
>>> In a news release Monday, the university said she would no longer
>>> speak at the ceremony after the discussion about her selection took
>>> on "an alarming tenor."

>>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to
>>> the university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an
>>> Instagram bio that links to a pro-Palestine website.

>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels
>>> - valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/

>> Nothing like silencing free speech.

> "Silencing free speecch", indeed.

> Trump ...

> Trump ...

'Nuff said.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<XnsB157756AC5459DE218@0.0.0.0>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2136&group=alt.education#2136

From: jsimons@centralpark.com (John Simons)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:32:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Simons - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:32 UTC

On 17 Apr 2024, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> posted some

> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial
>>> risks relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding
>>> the Israel- Hamas conflict.
>>>
>>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year
>>> student
>>>from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and
>>>would
>>> give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday,
>>> the university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after
>>> the discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>>
>>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to
>>> the university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an
>>> Instagram bio that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>>
>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>
> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.

Her position conflicts with the majority. Deport her and those who think
like her. Send a dozen Democrat sympathizers with each.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<20240417130207.57bbddfa@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2137&group=alt.education#2137

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:02:07 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:02 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:32:32 -0000 (UTC)
John Simons <jsimons@centralpark.com> wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2024, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> posted some
>
> > On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

> >> Nothing like silencing free speech.
> >
> > This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
> > pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
> > people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>
> Her position conflicts with the majority. Deport her and those who
> think like her. Send a dozen Democrat sympathizers with each.

Can we do more please, I know we can!

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uuYTN.268$5W2f.212@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2138&group=alt.education#2138

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: JW@jw.com (Just Wondering)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:58:34 -0600
 by: Just Wondering - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:58 UTC

On 4/17/2024 5:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>> Hamas conflict.
>>
>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
>>from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
>> give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
>> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>
>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
>> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>
> Nothing like silencing free speech.

If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech. She should be
allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<NvYTN.269$5W2f.18@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2139&group=alt.education#2139

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: JW@jw.com (Just Wondering)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:59:57 -0600
 by: Just Wondering - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:59 UTC

On 4/17/2024 10:23 AM, Max Boot wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>>> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>>> Hamas conflict.
>>>
>>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year
>>> student
>>> from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and
>>> would give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release
>>> Monday, the
>>> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>>> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>>
>>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>>> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram
>>> bio
>>> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>>
>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>
> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.

Time and place. She can say whatever she wants, just not during
the graduation ceremony.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvpnjl$1s7pv$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2140&group=alt.education#2140

From: chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:56:37 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:56 UTC

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvpsc7$1t6s4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2141&group=alt.education#2141

From: noway@nowhere.com (Josh Rosenbluth)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:17:59 -0700
 by: Josh Rosenbluth - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:17 UTC

On 4/17/2024 3:58 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 5:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>>> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>>> Hamas conflict.
>>>
>>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year
>>> student
>>> from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and
>>> would give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release
>>> Monday, the
>>> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>>> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>>
>>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>>> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram
>>> bio
>>> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>>
>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
> If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
> But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
> for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech.  She should be
> allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
> is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
> ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.

That's not how freedom of speech ought to work.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvpt0n$1t6s4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2142&group=alt.education#2142

From: noway@nowhere.com (Josh Rosenbluth)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:28:55 -0700
 by: Josh Rosenbluth - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:28 UTC

On 4/17/2024 3:59 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 10:23 AM, Max Boot wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
>> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
>> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>>
> Time and place.  She can say whatever she wants, just not during
> the graduation ceremony.

Time, manner and place restrictions must be content neutral. You can
prohibit speaking at graduation, but not speaking only on a particular
subject.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<gU_TN.102$Xphd.8@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2143&group=alt.education#2143

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: lb@cap.con (Lou Bricano)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:42:35 -0700
 by: Lou Bricano - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:42 UTC

On 4/17/2024 6:17 PM, Josh Rosenbluth wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 3:58 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 5:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>>
>> If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
>> But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
>> for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech.  She should be
>> allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
>> is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
>> ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.
>
> That's not how freedom of speech ought to work.

I think canceling the woman's valedictory address is bad and wrong. However,
it's a private university and they don't have to play by the same rules as state
schools.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<qju02j1k7jqm0qrat2t3uokm8t0emg88if@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2144&group=alt.education#2144

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:43:34 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:43 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:32:32 -0000 (UTC), John Simons <jsimons@centralpark.com> wrote:

>On 17 Apr 2024, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> posted
>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
>> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
>> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>
>Her position conflicts with the majority.

How is that relevant? Free speech is free speech for everybody. If it wasn't, you
wouldn't be able to spew your hate speech here.

>Deport her and those who think
>like her. Send a dozen Democrat sympathizers with each.

See what I mean?

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<a__TN.6868$59Pb.582@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2145&group=alt.education#2145

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: pj@costco.con (Paul Jackson)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:48:54 -0700
 by: Paul Jackson - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:48 UTC

On 4/17/2024 11:32 AM, John Simons wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2024, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> posted some
>
>> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
>> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
>> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>
> Her position conflicts with the majority.

The only freedom of speech that matters is the freedom to say unpopular and
counter-majoritarian things.

> Deport her and those who think like her.

Nope. We'll deport you first.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvq3q9$226gp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2146&group=alt.education#2146

From: chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:24:57 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 03:24 UTC

Just Wondering wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 10:23 AM, Max Boot wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian
>> is pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel
>> stance, want people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>>
> Time and place.  She can say whatever she wants, just not during
> the graduation ceremony.

It's important to remember free speech has its limits.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<uvq4ru$22d6g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2147&group=alt.education#2147

From: noway@nowhere.com (Josh Rosenbluth)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
over 'alarming' discussion
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:42:54 -0700
 by: Josh Rosenbluth - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 03:42 UTC

On 4/17/2024 6:42 PM, Lou Bricano wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 6:17 PM, Josh Rosenbluth wrote:

>>> If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
>>> But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
>>> for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech.  She should be
>>> allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
>>> is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
>>> ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.
>>
>> That's not how freedom of speech ought to work.
>
> I think canceling the woman's valedictory address is bad and wrong.
> However, it's a private university and they don't have to play by the
> same rules as state schools.

True. But, California has a law which extends freedom of speech to
private universities to the point where a student cannot be disciplined
for exercising their freedom of speech. It's doubtful that denying a
student a valedictorian address is "disciplinary sanction" as stated in
the statute, but you never know.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<Ge2UN.577$QQ_1.455@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2148&group=alt.education#2148

over 'alarming' discussion
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
From: doc_steve@quacks_of_jeanerette.con (Stephen Boudreaux, MD)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:31:17 -0700
 by: Stephen Boudreaux, M - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 05:31 UTC

On 4/17/2024 6:43 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:32:32 -0000 (UTC), John Simons <jsimons@centralpark.com> wrote:
>
>> On 17 Apr 2024, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> posted
>>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
>>> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
>>> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>>
>> Her position conflicts with the majority.
>
> How is that relevant? Free speech is free speech for everybody. If it wasn't, you
> wouldn't be able to spew your hate speech here.

The only real value of a commitment to free speech is to protect and defend
speech that is unpopular and counter-majoritarian. Speech with which large
majorities agree doesn't need protection.

>> Deport her and those who think
>> like her. Send a dozen Democrat sympathizers with each.
>
> See what I mean?

Exactly.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<20240418.035145.748f55b7@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2149&group=alt.education#2149
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";
mail-complaints-to="abuse@neodome.net"
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Karen Bass USC degree rental)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 03:51:45 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
 by: Karen Bass USC degre - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:51 UTC

> On 4/17/2024 6:17 PM, Josh Rosenbluth wrote:

Israel-

Monday, the

Instagram bio

>>> If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
>>> But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
>>> for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech.  She should be
>>> allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
>>> is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
>>> ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.
>>
>> That's not how freedom of speech ought to work.
>
> I think canceling the woman's valedictory address is bad and wrong.
However,
> it's a private university and they don't have to play by the same
rules as state
> schools.

Left-wing liberal arts colleges do it all the time. What's the problem
with USC following suit?

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<olk12j5rjtueoq4lfgf8ok0qiqh5umpbek@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2150&group=alt.education#2150

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 03:59:43 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:59 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:58:34 -0600, Just Wondering <JW@jw.com> wrote:

>On 4/17/2024 5:20 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:23:36 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The University of Southern California said its valedictorian will no
>>> longer deliver a graduation speech this year, citing "substantial risks
>>> relating to security" over social media chatter surrounding the Israel-
>>> Hamas conflict.
>>>
>>> The Los Angeles school revealed that Asna Tabassum, a fourth-year student
>>>from Chino Hills, California, was selected as the valedictorian and would
>>> give a speech alongside two salutatorians. In a news release Monday, the
>>> university said she would no longer speak at the ceremony after the
>>> discussion about her selection took on "an alarming tenor."
>>>
>>> The move comes after some students, alumni and others complained to the
>>> university about Tabassum's social media, which includes an Instagram bio
>>> that links to a pro-Palestine website.
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/04/15/usc-cancels-
>>> valedictorian-graduation-speech-israel-hamas/73336731007/
>>
>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
>If she avoids politics she should be allowed to speak.
>But the valedictorian speech should not give her a platform
>for a pro-Palestinian anti-Israel speech. She should be
>allowed to say whatever she wants on the subject, but there
>is a time and place for everything and her college graduation
>ceremony is not the time and place for that sort of thing.

I agree. She should have the same right to free speech as anybody but a college
graduation speech may not be the most appropriate place to campaign for one's candidates.

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<9ok12j1s4hra9v5au50e4f5uqiu3t8j90d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2151&group=alt.education#2151

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 04:00:56 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 08:00 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:59:57 -0600, Just Wondering <JW@jw.com> wrote:

>On 4/17/2024 10:23 AM, Max Boot wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 4:20 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Nothing like silencing free speech.
>>
>> This is speech that you want to be suppressed. The valedictorian is
>> pro-Palestine, and you, with your knee-jerk pro-Israel stance, want
>> people with her views to be prevented from speaking.
>>
>Time and place. She can say whatever she wants, just not during
>the graduation ceremony.

Technically, yeah, she can. Doesn't mean it's appropriate, but yeah, she can say whatever
she wants.

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California valedictorian will no longer give graduation speech over 'alarming' discussion

<20240418.042146.9b12afda@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2152&group=alt.education#2152

From: remailer@domain.invalid (Karen Bass USC degree rental)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.activism,talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,alt.los-angeles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=
";
mail-complaints-to="abuse@neodome.net"
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 04:21:46 -0400
 by: Karen Bass USC degre - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 08:21 UTC

In <uvq4ru$22d6g$1@dont-email.me> Josh Rosenbluth wrote:

> On 4/17/2024 6:42 PM, Lou Bricano wrote:

>>> That's not how freedom of speech ought to work.
>>
>> I think canceling the woman's valedictory address is bad and wrong.
>> However, it's a private university and they don't have to play by the
>> same rules as state schools.
>
> True. But, California has a law which extends freedom of speech to
> private universities to the point where a student cannot be
disciplined
> for exercising their freedom of speech. It's doubtful that denying a
> student a valedictorian address is "disciplinary sanction" as stated
in
> the statute, but you never know.

They did it exactly right, labeling it a security issue. Trumps all
left-wing activism "free speech" bs.