It's easier to take it apart than to put it back together. -- Washlesky

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else

SubjectAuthor
* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
`* Ruby Freeman is a real personGeorge.Anthony
 +* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |`- Ruby Freeman is a real personGeorge.Anthony
 +* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |`* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 | `* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |  `* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 |   `* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |    `* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 |     +- Ruby Freeman is a real personGeorge.Anthony
 |     `* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |      `* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 |       `* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 |        `* Ruby Freeman is a real personTechnobarbarian
 |         `* Ruby Freeman is a real personbfh
 |          `* The significance of the passage of time, was something elseTechnobarbarian
 |           `* The significance of the passage of time, was something elsebfh
 |            `* The significance of the passage of time, was something elsekmiller
 |             +- The significance of the passage of time, was something elseTechnobarbarian
 |             `- The significance of the passage of time, was something elsebfh
 `- Ruby Freeman is a real personrobert caprel

1
Ruby Freeman is a real person

<MPG.3fe56e9af3e8c264989681@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21319&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21319

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Ruby Freeman is a real person
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:57:54 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:57 UTC

"?How evil?: Ruby Freeman describes violent threats after false Trump,
Giuliani attacks"

"Ruby Freeman, a former Georgia election worker, said she was already
reeling from a campaign of violent and racist threats against her three
years ago when Donald Trump decided to make her an even bigger target.

On the witness stand in federal court Wednesday, Freeman described how
Trump?s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, falsely accused her of manipulating
ballots in the 2020 election ? a smear campaign that prompted a torrent
of threatening messages and upended her life.

But when Trump took those false claims and echoed them ? in an infamous
phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ? the
threats became even more pernicious, she said.

?I just felt like ?really?? This is the former president talking about
me? Me? How mean, how evil? I just was devastated,? Freeman recalled,
fighting back tears as she recounted the episode. ?I didn?t do nothing.
It just made me feel ? you don?t care that I?m a real person.?

?He didn?t know what he was talking about really,? Freeman continued,
refusing to use Trump?s name but addressing him as ?45.? ?He had no clue
what he was talking about. He was just trying to put a name to somebody
stealing ballots, which was totally a lie.?

Trump mentioned Freeman 18 times on the Jan. 2, 2021, call with
Raffensperger. An audio recording of that call was published in the
media the next day. Freeman?s lawyers noted in court that Trump?s
rhetoric echoed language crafted by Giuliani?s legal team as part of a
last ditch PR blitz in connection with their effort to subvert the 2020
election and keep Trump in power."
[snip]

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
testimony-00131659

The whole story is pretty sad. It completely changed their life when
strangers started showing up at their home. Because she worked for the
county my sister and other employees frequently did this work during the
elections, even though it wasn't part of their regular duties. It's
basically a boring chore.

Rudy is still clinging to the idea that Ruby and her daughter physically
stole votes from #45, despite the fact that he has no proof that there
was anything seriously wrong with that highly monitored election. He's
supposed to testify today. I hope he starts sweating something higher
class than shoe polish when he's describing his demons.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
testimony-00131659

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA

This story just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Ruby and her daughter
were volunteers. They weren't even being paid for their efforts.
Naturally, despite all of his big talk, Rudy decided not to testify. I
wasn't surprised, just a little disappointed. That seems to be a common
practice for magaloons. Rudy has already supplied Ruby and her daughter
more than enough material for another lawsuit if they were in the mood
for more of that insanity. They aren't likely to get more than a small
fraction of the final judgement from the current case, if that.

https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-trial-money-talks/

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21320&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21320

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:10:00 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:10 UTC

On 12/14/2023 9:57 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "?How evil?: Ruby Freeman describes violent threats after false Trump,
> Giuliani attacks"
>
> "Ruby Freeman, a former Georgia election worker, said she was already
> reeling from a campaign of violent and racist threats against her three
> years ago when Donald Trump decided to make her an even bigger target.
>
> On the witness stand in federal court Wednesday, Freeman described how
> Trump?s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, falsely accused her

That's her "opinion". It hasn't been proven one way or the other.

of manipulating
> ballots in the 2020 election ? a smear campaign that prompted a torrent
> of threatening messages and upended her life.
>
> But when Trump took those false claims and echoed them ? in an infamous
> phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ? the
> threats became even more pernicious, she said.

It hasn't been proven one way or the other.

> ?I just felt like ?really?? This is the former president talking about
> me? Me? How mean, how evil? I just was devastated,? Freeman recalled,
> fighting back tears

Uh wah, uh wah.

as she recounted the episode. ?I didn?t do nothing.
> It just made me feel ? you don?t care that I?m a real person.?
>
> ?He didn?t know what he was talking about really,? Freeman continued,
> refusing to use Trump?s name but addressing him as ?45.? ?He had no clue
> what he was talking about. He was just trying to put a name to somebody
> stealing ballots, which was totally a lie.?
>
> Trump mentioned Freeman 18 times on the Jan. 2, 2021, call with
> Raffensperger. An audio recording of that call was published in the
> media the next day. Freeman?s lawyers noted in court that Trump?s
> rhetoric echoed language crafted by Giuliani?s legal team as part of a
> last ditch PR blitz in connection with their effort to subvert the 2020
> election and keep Trump in power."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
> testimony-00131659
>
> The whole story is pretty sad. It completely changed their life when
> strangers started showing up at their home.

Their? You mean more than one. She is a she. It's even mentioned at the
beginning of this tripe.

Because she worked for the
> county my sister and other employees frequently did this work during the
> elections, even though it wasn't part of their regular duties. It's
> basically a boring chore.
>
> Rudy is still clinging to the idea that Ruby and her daughter physically
> stole votes from #45, despite the fact that he has no proof that there
> was anything seriously wrong with that highly monitored election.

Monitored by NAGA dimocrats.

He's
> supposed to testify today. I hope he starts sweating something higher
> class than shoe polish when he's describing his demons.
>
> https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
> testimony-00131659
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA
>
> This story just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Ruby and her daughter
> were volunteers. They weren't even being paid for their efforts.

I doubt that. Vote stealing is very profitable.

> Naturally, despite all of his big talk, Rudy decided not to testify. I
> wasn't surprised, just a little disappointed. That seems to be a common
> practice for magaloons.

.... and Bidens.

Rudy has already supplied Ruby and her daughter
> more than enough material for another lawsuit if they were in the mood
> for more of that insanity. They aren't likely to get more than a small
> fraction of the final judgement from the current case, if that.

Because it hasn't been proven one way or the other.

--
---------
If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<beb07280-c9fe-4069-a0c1-393ea6679a2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21321&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21321

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:14:12 -0800 (PST)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:14 UTC

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:10:00 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
> > testimony-00131659
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA
> >
> > This story just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Ruby and her daughter
> > were volunteers. They weren't even being paid for their efforts.
> I doubt that. Vote stealing is very profitable.
> > Naturally, despite all of his big talk, Rudy decided not to testify. I
> > wasn't surprised, just a little disappointed. That seems to be a common
> > practice for magaloons.
> ... and Bidens.
> Rudy has already supplied Ruby and her daughter
> > more than enough material for another lawsuit if they were in the mood
> > for more of that insanity. They aren't likely to get more than a small
> > fraction of the final judgement from the current case, if that.
> Because it hasn't been proven one way or the other.

Yet more bullshit from our jive ass blowhard. It has already been proven many times over. Rudy already lost the lawsuit. The only thing left to decide is how much it's going to cost him.

"Georgia poll workers targeted by Trump are cleared of false election fraud claims
The official state report comes years after law enforcement agencies interviewed Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss."

"Years after their lives were turned upside down by conspiracy theorists, Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Wandrea ArShaye "Shaye" Moss, were officially cleared by Georgia authorities on Tuesday.

Georgia’s State Election Board dismissed its yearslong investigation into alleged election fraud at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, more than two years after conspiracy theorists — and then-President Donald Trump — claimed that Freeman and her daughter had committed election fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

The fraud claims were “unsubstantiated and found to have no merit,” the investigation concluded, reporting on the work of the FBI, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and investigators from the Secretary of State’s office vetting the alleged fraud."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/georgia-poll-workers-targeted-trump-cleared-false-election-fraud-claim-rcna90350.

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<MPG.3fe63c16bf07c11e989682@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21322&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21322

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:34:35 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:34 UTC

In article <ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 12/14/2023 9:57 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > "?How evil?: Ruby Freeman describes violent threats after false Trump,
> > Giuliani attacks"
> >
> > "Ruby Freeman, a former Georgia election worker, said she was already
> > reeling from a campaign of violent and racist threats against her three
> > years ago when Donald Trump decided to make her an even bigger target.
> >
> > On the witness stand in federal court Wednesday, Freeman described how
> > Trump?s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, falsely accused her
>
> That's her "opinion". It hasn't been proven one way or the other.
>
> of manipulating
> > ballots in the 2020 election ? a smear campaign that prompted a torrent
> > of threatening messages and upended her life.
> >
> > But when Trump took those false claims and echoed them ? in an infamous
> > phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ? the
> > threats became even more pernicious, she said.
>
> It hasn't been proven one way or the other.

Ok, I'm breaking in a new/old server and I want to be sure my post
propagates properly. I added a list twist at the end.

[...]

Rudy already lost the lawsuit. They're just figuring out what it's
going to cost hime. It has been proven many times. You just choose not
to believe it. I think I understand. You live in a fantasy world.

Oh yeah, you obviously enjoy inventing names for me. I accidently
invented one for you. I hope you enjoy it, because I don't think you
will ever forget it. I checked this is a brand new word. I'm so proud.
I'll bet you share it with some of your friends. If you have any.

I was thinking about the various words that can be formed using
maga as a prefix. I enjoy the word magaloon, for example.

You have been warned. If you go past this point you will never be
able to forget this word. I think you deserve it. You're obviosuly a
magacoon.

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<9ef53a13-3818-48bc-951b-02e970ba9451n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21323&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21323

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:19:34 -0800 (PST)
From: bobcaprel@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:19 UTC

> [...]
> >
> > https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/13/giuliani-trial-ruby-freeman-
> > testimony-00131659
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjPAqmnvGA
> >
> > This story just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Ruby and her daughter
> > were volunteers. They weren't even being paid for their efforts.
> I doubt that. Vote stealing is very profitable.
> > Naturally, despite all of his big talk, Rudy decided not to testify. I
> > wasn't surprised, just a little disappointed. That seems to be a common
> > practice for magaloons.
> ... and Bidens.
> Rudy has already supplied Ruby and her daughter
> > more than enough material for another lawsuit if they were in the mood
> > for more of that insanity. They aren't likely to get more than a small
> > fraction of the final judgement from the current case, if that.
> Because it hasn't been proven one way or the other.

Not to worry the MAGA dork will go to Jail and you will have your proof

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<GG1fN.57899$83n7.37139@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21324&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21324

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:21:09 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:21 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 12/14/2023 9:57 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>> "?How evil?: Ruby Freeman describes violent threats after false Trump,
>>> Giuliani attacks"
>>>
>>> "Ruby Freeman, a former Georgia election worker, said she was already
>>> reeling from a campaign of violent and racist threats against her three
>>> years ago when Donald Trump decided to make her an even bigger target.
>>>
>>> On the witness stand in federal court Wednesday, Freeman described how
>>> Trump?s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, falsely accused her
>>
>> That's her "opinion". It hasn't been proven one way or the other.
>>
>> of manipulating
>>> ballots in the 2020 election ? a smear campaign that prompted a torrent
>>> of threatening messages and upended her life.
>>>
>>> But when Trump took those false claims and echoed them ? in an infamous
>>> phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ? the
>>> threats became even more pernicious, she said.
>>
>> It hasn't been proven one way or the other.
>>>

> Ok, I'm breaking in a new/old server and I want to be sure my post
> propagates properly. I added a list twist at the end.

Hallelujah! Your new/old server wraps and quotes properly on my
newsreader - unlike your previous googleshit, which I had to rewrap
and quotefix on those occasions when I took your bait. Thanks. It's
probably the best Christmas present I'm going to get.

Just look at how neatly this wrapped and quoted without me having to
screw with it at all.

--
bill

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<MPG.3fe660e4419a439b989683@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21325&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21325

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:11:59 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:11 UTC

In article <GG1fN.57899$83n7.37139@fx18.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> That's her "opinion". It hasn't been proven one way or the other.
> >>
> >> of manipulating

> >> It hasn't been proven one way or the other.
> >>>

> > Ok, I'm breaking in a new/old server and I want to be sure my post
> > propagates properly. I added a list twist at the end.
>
> Hallelujah! Your new/old server wraps and quotes properly on my
> newsreader - unlike your previous googleshit, which I had to rewrap
> and quotefix on those occasions when I took your bait. Thanks. It's
> probably the best Christmas present I'm going to get.

Thanks, that's helpful information. I'm still have some small
details to work out with the software. I could end up changing the
server or the software. I think that Efernal Septemper loses a post
every now and than, and the way I remember them, the service is
frequently down. Gravity is clearly not the most intuitive software
available. Gak, nothing is easy anymore. Absolutely everything requires
a good deal of figuring and fidigiting.

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<ulig93$22ii9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21326&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21326

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:26:00 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:26 UTC

<zO3fN.50896$PuZ9.3957@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21327&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21327

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:46:06 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:46 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <GG1fN.57899$83n7.37139@fx18.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>> Ok, I'm breaking in a new/old server and I want to be sure my post
>>> propagates properly. I added a list twist at the end.
>>
>> Hallelujah! Your new/old server wraps and quotes properly on my
>> newsreader - unlike your previous googleshit, which I had to rewrap
>> and quotefix on those occasions when I took your bait. Thanks. It's
>> probably the best Christmas present I'm going to get.
>>

> Thanks, that's helpful information. I'm still have some small
> details to work out with the software. I could end up changing the
> server or the software. I think that Efernal Septemper loses a post
> every now and than, and the way I remember them, the service is
> frequently down. Gravity is clearly not the most intuitive software
> available. Gak, nothing is easy anymore. Absolutely everything requires
> a good deal of figuring and fidigiting.
>
> TB

I use astraweb on Seamonkey (Seamonkey's news and mail is almost the
same as Thunderbird), and have few problems with it.

One of the reasons - for me at least - that nothing is easy anymore is
just with new stuff, and that's because the older I get, the steeper
my learning curves get.

BTW, I'd buy you a beer if you'd dash dash space your TB, so that I
wouldn't have to bother with it on my responses.

--
bill

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<018dbb88-3de2-4f35-90b2-712d222c47ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21329&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21329

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:02:53 -0800 (PST)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 04:02 UTC

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 1:46:10 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> Hallelujah! Your new/old server wraps and quotes properly on my
> >> newsreader - unlike your previous googleshit, which I had to rewrap
> >> and quotefix on those occasions when I took your bait. Thanks. It's
> >> probably the best Christmas present I'm going to get.
> >>

> > Thanks, that's helpful information. I'm still have some small
> > details to work out with the software. I could end up changing the
> > server or the software. I think that Efernal Septemper loses a post
> > every now and than, and the way I remember them, the service is
> > frequently down. Gravity is clearly not the most intuitive software
> > available. Gak, nothing is easy anymore. Absolutely everything requires
> > a good deal of figuring and fidigiting.
> >
> > TB
> >
> I use astraweb on Seamonkey (Seamonkey's news and mail is almost the
> same as Thunderbird), and have few problems with it.
>
> One of the reasons - for me at least - that nothing is easy anymore is
> just with new stuff, and that's because the older I get, the steeper
> my learning curves get.
>
> BTW, I'd buy you a beer if you'd dash dash space your TB, so that I
> wouldn't have to bother with it on my responses.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

I'm not current with all the technical details. I have no idea what a dash dash is. I probably won't do it. I"m sort of attached to my current format, and beer is a disincentive, even if you were willing to pay for shipping this time. I still have beer left over from the 12 pack I bought last summer.

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<NjcfN.49428$Wp_8.19380@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21330&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21330

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:27:40 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 07:27 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 1:46:10 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <GG1fN.57899$83n7....@fx18.iad>, red...@rye.net
>>> says...

>>> Thanks, that's helpful information. I'm still have some small
>>> details to work out with the software. I could end up changing
>>> the server or the software. I think that Efernal Septemper
>>> loses a post every now and than, and the way I remember them,
>>> the service is frequently down. Gravity is clearly not the most
>>> intuitive software available. Gak, nothing is easy anymore.
>>> Absolutely everything requires a good deal of figuring and
>>> fidigiting.
>>>
>>> TB
>>>
>> I use astraweb on Seamonkey (Seamonkey's news and mail is almost
>> the same as Thunderbird), and have few problems with it.
>>
>> One of the reasons - for me at least - that nothing is easy
>> anymore is just with new stuff, and that's because the older I
>> get, the steeper my learning curves get.
>>
>> BTW, I'd buy you a beer if you'd dash dash space your TB, so that
>> I wouldn't have to bother with it on my responses. -- bill Theory
>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> I'm not current with all the technical details.

What?!

> I have no idea what
> a dash dash is.

What?!

> I probably won't do it. I"m sort of attached to my
> current format, and beer is a disincentive, even if you were
> willing to pay for shipping this time. I still have beer left over
> from the 12 pack I bought last summer.

I see you're back on googleshit again - I had to rewrap and fix
quotes. Since you took back your Christmas present to me, I hereby
retract my Thanks.
Merry Christmas anyway.

--
bill

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<ull6c3$2ikpc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21333&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21333

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:55:15 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:55 UTC

On 12/16/2023 1:27 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> I use astraweb on Seamonkey (Seamonkey's news and mail is almost
>>> the same as Thunderbird), and have few problems with it.
>>>
>>> One of the reasons - for me at least - that nothing is easy
>>> anymore is just with new stuff, and that's because the older I
>>> get, the steeper my learning curves get.
>>>
>>> BTW, I'd buy you a beer if you'd dash dash space your TB, so that
>>> I wouldn't have to bother with it on my responses. -- bill Theory
>>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> I'm not current with all the technical details.
>
> What?!
>
>> I have no idea what
>> a dash dash is.
>
> What?!
>
>> I probably won't do it. I"m sort of attached to my
>> current format, and beer is a disincentive, even if you were
>> willing to pay for shipping this time. I still have beer left over
>> from the 12 pack I bought last summer.
>
> I see you're back on googleshit again - I had to rewrap and fix quotes.
> Since you took back your Christmas present to me, I hereby retract my
> Thanks.
> Merry Christmas anyway.

Likely a wine snob who drinks with his pinkie in the air.
--

If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it
still comes out a potato. Works the same with choosing your gender.

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<042651b4-2137-433a-81a4-4d30c65cd98dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21335&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21335

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:25:22 -0800 (PST)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:25 UTC

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 11:27:45 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> I use astraweb on Seamonkey (Seamonkey's news and mail is almost
> >> the same as Thunderbird), and have few problems with it.
> >>
> >> One of the reasons - for me at least - that nothing is easy
> >> anymore is just with new stuff, and that's because the older I
> >> get, the steeper my learning curves get.
> >>
> >> BTW, I'd buy you a beer if you'd dash dash space your TB, so that
> >> I wouldn't have to bother with it on my responses. -- bill Theory
> >> don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > I'm not current with all the technical details.
> What?!
> > I have no idea what
> > a dash dash is.
> What?!
> > I probably won't do it. I"m sort of attached to my
> > current format, and beer is a disincentive, even if you were
> > willing to pay for shipping this time. I still have beer left over
> > from the 12 pack I bought last summer.
> I see you're back on googleshit again - I had to rewrap and fix
> quotes. Since you took back your Christmas present to me, I hereby
> retract my Thanks.
> Merry Christmas anyway.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

You poor thang. It wasn't my intention to be anyone's Christmas. Google had the advantage of being fast and free. Efernal September is free and slow. RORT isn't worth $100/year to me. It was late and your message hadn't propagated on ES yet, so I did the fast easy thing for a post that really only concerned you. Oh well

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<ulm1g0$2q2mi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21336&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21336

From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:38:08 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 05:38 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 11:27:45 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> I'm not current with all the technical details.
>> What?!
>>> I have no idea what a dash dash is.
>> What?!
>>> I probably won't do it. I"m sort of attached to my current
>>> format, and beer is a disincentive, even if you were willing to
>>> pay for shipping this time. I still have beer left over from
>>> the 12 pack I bought last summer.
>> I see you're back on googleshit again - I had to rewrap and fix
>> quotes. Since you took back your Christmas present to me, I
>> hereby retract my Thanks. Merry Christmas anyway. -- bill Theory
>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> You poor thang. It wasn't my intention to be anyone's Christmas.
> Google had the advantage of being fast and free. Efernal September
> is free and slow. RORT isn't worth $100/year to me. It was late and
> your message hadn't propagated on ES yet, so I did the fast easy
> thing for a post that really only concerned you. Oh well
>
> TB

I'm just responding to see how slow E-S is.

--
bill

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<ulm1kj$2q2mi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21337&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21337

From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:40:35 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 05:40 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> What?!
>>> What?!
>>> I see you're back on googleshit again - I had to rewrap and fix
>>> quotes. Since you took back your Christmas present to me, I
>>> hereby retract my Thanks. Merry Christmas anyway. -- bill Theory
>>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>>
>> You poor thang. It wasn't my intention to be anyone's Christmas.
>> Google had the advantage of being fast and free. Efernal September
>> is free and slow. RORT isn't worth $100/year to me. It was late and
>> your message hadn't propagated on ES yet, so I did the fast easy
>> thing for a post that really only concerned you. Oh well
>>
>> TB
>>
> I'm just responding to see how slow E-S is.

I got this back less than 2 seconds after I sent it. You're right -
it's really slow.

--
bill

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<5e82e8db-6eca-45a0-ac5e-b204fe10e251n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21338&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21338

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:14:20 -0800 (PST)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 18:14 UTC

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 9:40:39 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
> bfh wrote:
> > Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> You poor thang. It wasn't my intention to be anyone's Christmas.
> >> Google had the advantage of being fast and free. Efernal September
> >> is free and slow. RORT isn't worth $100/year to me. It was late and
> >> your message hadn't propagated on ES yet, so I did the fast easy
> >> thing for a post that really only concerned you. Oh well
> >>
> >> TB
> >>
> > I'm just responding to see how slow E-S is.
> >
> I got this back less than 2 seconds after I sent it. You're right -
> it's really slow.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

lol My experience with Efernal September is that it is inconsistent. It's also possible that I didn't press all the right buttons on unfamiliar software. Either way it was and is a small thing I was trying to take care of quickly. What ev'.

TB

Re: Ruby Freeman is a real person

<QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21339&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21339

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
<ulm1g0$2q2mi$1@dont-email.me> <ulm1kj$2q2mi$2@dont-email.me>
<5e82e8db-6eca-45a0-ac5e-b204fe10e251n@googlegroups.com>
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 14:11:43 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:11 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 9:40:39 PM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
>> bfh wrote:

>>> I'm just responding to see how slow E-S is.
>>>
>> I got this back less than 2 seconds after I sent it. You're right
>> - it's really slow. -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't
>> work.
>
> lol My experience with Efernal September is that it is
> inconsistent. It's also possible that I didn't press all the right
> buttons on unfamiliar software. Either way it was and is a small
> thing I was trying to take care of quickly. What ev'.

Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
there is significance in the passage of time.

--
bill

The significance of the passage of time, was something else

<MPG.3fe8fc6ad30d9cbb989685@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21341&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21341

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: The significance of the passage of time, was something else
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:39:46 -0800
References: <MPG.3fe56e9af3e8c264989681@reader80.eternal-september.org> <ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me> <MPG.3fe63c16bf07c11e989682@reader80.eternal-september.org> <GG1fN.57899$83n7.37139@fx18.iad> <MPG.3fe660e4419a439b989683@reader80.eternal-september.org> <zO3fN.50896$PuZ9.3957@fx11.iad> <018dbb88-3de2-4f35-90b2-712d222c47ecn@googlegroups.com> <NjcfN.49428$Wp_8.19380@fx17.iad> <042651b4-2137-433a-81a4-4d30c65cd98dn@googlegroups.com> <ulm1g0$2q2mi$1@dont-email.me> <ulm1kj$2q2mi$2@dont-email.me> <5e82e8db-6eca-45a0-ac5e-b204fe10e251n@googlegroups.com> <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:39 UTC

In article <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

"Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
there is significance in the passage of time."

That gave me a real gaffaw. There probably isn't any place that
reminds me of the passage of time more than RORT. There has been the
constant changing of technology. We have gone from the days when Usenet
was one of the only games in town for chat, to obsolete. I have gone
through countless servers and readers. I think I started with Tin or one
of its relatives.

Then there have been the constant changes in RORT itself, over
time. I am constantly surprised that I'm still sitting here. Graveyards
really haven't changed much. So, in that sense, they might remind me of
the passage of time a bit less than RORT.

The old kink group had been even bigger than RORT, at one time. Some
of the regulars eventually found a new home on a big kink website. A few
people check in on the old group every now and then, but the only person
left behind was a blind guy for whom there were no good alternatives.

TB

Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else

<R0KfN.48018$xHn7.27478@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21342&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21342

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 16:48:33 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 21:48 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>
> "Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
> have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
> there is significance in the passage of time."
>
> That gave me a real gaffaw. There probably isn't any place that
> reminds me of the passage of time more than RORT. There has been the
> constant changing of technology. We have gone from the days when Usenet
> was one of the only games in town for chat, to obsolete. I have gone
> through countless servers and readers. I think I started with Tin or one
> of its relatives.
>
> Then there have been the constant changes in RORT itself, over
> time. I am constantly surprised that I'm still sitting here. Graveyards
> really haven't changed much. So, in that sense, they might remind me of
> the passage of time a bit less than RORT.

As RORT shrinks, graveyards grow......sometimes from the same cause.

--
bill

Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else

<ST6dnXVAgqd28B74nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21367&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21367

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:42:53 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:42 UTC

On 12/17/2023 1:48 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> In article <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>
>> "Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
>> have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
>> there is significance in the passage of time."
>>
>>       That gave me a real gaffaw. There probably isn't any place that
>> reminds me of the passage of time more than RORT. There has been the
>> constant changing of technology. We have gone from the days when Usenet
>> was one of the only games in town for chat, to obsolete. I have gone
>> through countless servers and readers. I think I started with Tin or one
>> of its relatives.
>>
>>       Then there have been the constant changes in RORT itself, over
>> time. I am constantly surprised that I'm still sitting here. Graveyards
>> really haven't changed much. So, in that sense, they might remind me of
>> the passage of time a bit less than RORT.
>
> As RORT shrinks, graveyards grow......sometimes from the same cause.

Speaking of which - I haven't heard from Mr. Lampson here in a while.
Did I miss the news?

>>      The old kink group had been even bigger than RORT, at one time. Some
>> of the regulars eventually found a new home on a big kink website. A few
>> people check in on the old group every now and then, but the only person
>> left behind was a blind guy for whom there were no good alternatives.
>>
>> TB

Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else

<MPG.3fed208195f2b14b989688@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21369&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21369

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:02:41 -0800
References: <MPG.3fe56e9af3e8c264989681@reader80.eternal-september.org> <ulhtok$1v8ic$1@dont-email.me> <MPG.3fe63c16bf07c11e989682@reader80.eternal-september.org> <GG1fN.57899$83n7.37139@fx18.iad> <MPG.3fe660e4419a439b989683@reader80.eternal-september.org> <zO3fN.50896$PuZ9.3957@fx11.iad> <018dbb88-3de2-4f35-90b2-712d222c47ecn@googlegroups.com> <NjcfN.49428$Wp_8.19380@fx17.iad> <042651b4-2137-433a-81a4-4d30c65cd98dn@googlegroups.com> <ulm1g0$2q2mi$1@dont-email.me> <ulm1kj$2q2mi$2@dont-email.me> <5e82e8db-6eca-45a0-ac5e-b204fe10e251n@googlegroups.com> <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad> <MPG.3fe8fc6ad30d9cbb989685@reader80.eternal-september.org> <R0KfN.48018$xHn7.27478@fx14.iad> <ST6dnXVAgqd28B74nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 00:02 UTC

In article <ST6dnXVAgqd28B74nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>, i09172
@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com says...

> On 12/17/2023 1:48 PM, bfh wrote:
> > Technobarbarian wrote:
> >> In article <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
> >>
> >> "Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
> >> have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
> >> there is significance in the passage of time."
> >>
> >>       That gave me a real gaffaw. There probably isn't any place that
> >> reminds me of the passage of time more than RORT. There has been the
> >> constant changing of technology. We have gone from the days when Usenet
> >> was one of the only games in town for chat, to obsolete. I have gone
> >> through countless servers and readers. I think I started with Tin or one
> >> of its relatives.
> >>
> >>       Then there have been the constant changes in RORT itself, over
> >> time. I am constantly surprised that I'm still sitting here. Graveyards
> >> really haven't changed much. So, in that sense, they might remind me of
> >> the passage of time a bit less than RORT.
> >
> > As RORT shrinks, graveyards grow......sometimes from the same cause.
>
> Speaking of which - I haven't heard from Mr. Lampson here in a while.
> Did I miss the news?

There hasn't been any news here, and there might not be. The last
time he was heard from he was having some significant health problems.
Some of the old timers sort of fade in and out. We have other absent
faces. Except for the usual background noise it has gotten pretty quiet
around here.

TB

Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else

<0jMgN.82385$p%Mb.77326@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21371&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21371

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 20:13:31 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:13 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 12/17/2023 1:48 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <QJHfN.59558$PuZ9.34642@fx11.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>>
>>> "Looks like you've got until Feb 22 to take care of it, so you don't
>>> have to be real quick - relatively speaking - but don't forget that
>>> there is significance in the passage of time."
>>>
>>>       That gave me a real gaffaw. There probably isn't any
>>> place that
>>> reminds me of the passage of time more than RORT. There has been the
>>> constant changing of technology. We have gone from the days when
>>> Usenet
>>> was one of the only games in town for chat, to obsolete. I have gone
>>> through countless servers and readers. I think I started with Tin
>>> or one
>>> of its relatives.
>>>
>>>       Then there have been the constant changes in RORT
>>> itself, over
>>> time. I am constantly surprised that I'm still sitting here.
>>> Graveyards
>>> really haven't changed much. So, in that sense, they might remind
>>> me of
>>> the passage of time a bit less than RORT.
>>
>> As RORT shrinks, graveyards grow......sometimes from the same cause.
>
> Speaking of which - I haven't heard from Mr. Lampson here in a while.
> Did I miss the news?

I don't know, but I hope he is not part of "the same cause".

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: The significance of the passage of time, was something else