From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: in regards to a thread on "free" overnight radio feeds
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 04:58:40 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 04:58 UTC

A week or three ago someone here posted an explanation
of how many of the quasi network radio feeds that local
station picked up were sent out for "free", so they
didn't cost the local station any out of pocket money.

Which, naturally, was a key financial incentive to clobber
any original programming.

(The "network" and the station would share in money coming
in from the advertisements, ,etc.)

Anyway, I can't find the posts anymore - likely to have been
clobbered earlier than in the past due to the spam onslaught.

I'm thinking it was our Radioactive colleague???

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this, is that I got
involved in a related case a few months ago.

It seems someone (allegedly) bamboozled one of these groups,
claiming to be a "9/11 survivor", and getting an overnight
program as "The Captain".

A reporter in Tampa, Fl, listened to his program and
discovered, well....

https://www.yourobserver.com/news/2023/sep/23/radio-host-claims-buried-wtc-911-was-he-even-there/

As it happened, I've had some prior correspondence with
the head of the radio syndicator and forwarded this
article to him.

He was *PISSED*. By the end of the week this fella's program
was folded, spindled, and mutilated.

dannyb@panix.com

interests / alt.obituaries / in regards to a thread on "free" overnight radio feeds