The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our certitude.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / OT? - Let 'em All Go

SubjectAuthor
* OT? - Let 'em All GoGeorge.Anthony
`* OT? - Let 'em All GoTechnobarbarian
 `* OT? - Let 'em All GoGeorge.Anthony
  `* OT? - Let 'em All GoTechnobarbarian
   `* OT? - Let 'em All GoGeorge.Anthony
    `* OT? - Let 'em All GoTechnobarbarian
     +- OT? - Let 'em All GoTechnobarbarian
     `* OT? - Let 'em All GoGeorge.Anthony
      `* OT? - Let 'em All GoTechnobarbarian
       `- OT? - Let 'em All GoGeorge.Anthony

1
OT? - Let 'em All Go

<um6t5l$23to8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21408&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21408

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Let 'em All Go
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 09:08:38 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:08 UTC

What a dumbass. I'm sure all these people will go home and become
outstanding citizens.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/outgoing-louisiana-gov-john-bel-edwards-pardons-56-inmates-40-convicted-murderers
--

If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it
still comes out a potato. Works the same with choosing your gender.

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<MPG.3ff0bdc6b697ef7898968c@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21409&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21409

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 09:51:00 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 17:51 UTC

In article <um6t5l$23to8$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> What a dumbass. I'm sure all these people will go home and become
> outstanding citizens.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/us/outgoing-louisiana-gov-john-bel-edwards-pardons-56-inmates-40-convicted-murderers

The Fakes News version left out a lot of gory details. These guys
appear to have a current list,so far, with some of the grusome details.

"KEEL News requested a list of the inmates granted a pardon or
commutation of sentence by Edwards during his final 3 months in office.
This list goes through December 13. We don?t know yet if the Governor
will sign off on any more just yet. But we will be checking.

The list of criminals granted pardons or commutations of sentences
includes 34 convicted killers. Several others now on the path to freedom
include several habitual offenders.

https://710keel.com/pardons-granted-by-louisiana-governor/

I end up wondering why these people got special treatment. It
doesn't look like any of them have a lot of money. Money was probably a
big factor in many of the pardons #45 signed. That, political
connections and publicity were obviously the main factors in those
pardons.

Traditionally convicts also sometimes recieve special treatment if
they become "God fearing" Christians who spread "the word" of God. I
honestly hope that wasn't the reason these assholes got special
treatment.

The outgoing governor probably isn't done yet. Look at the bright
side. Their next governor is a Republican, who will inherit this
traditional mess.

TB

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<um7lq3$27tcg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21411&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21411

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 16:09:06 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 22:09 UTC

On 12/23/2023 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <um6t5l$23to8$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> What a dumbass. I'm sure all these people will go home and become
>> outstanding citizens.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/outgoing-louisiana-gov-john-bel-edwards-pardons-56-inmates-40-convicted-murderers
>
> The Fakes News version left out a lot of gory details.

This article was not on CNN.

> These guys appear to have a current list,so far, with some of the grusome details.
>
> "KEEL News requested a list of the inmates granted a pardon or
> commutation of sentence by Edwards during his final 3 months in office.

What the hell is KEEL news?

> This list goes through December 13. We don?t know yet if the Governor
> will sign off on any more just yet. But we will be checking.
>
> The list of criminals granted pardons or commutations of sentences
> includes 34 convicted killers. Several others now on the path to freedom
> include several habitual offenders.
>
> https://710keel.com/pardons-granted-by-louisiana-governor/
>
> I end up wondering why these people got special treatment.

He's a democrat. Letting first degree murderers, among others, out of
jail is what they do. But you can bet your ass he didn't do it out of
the goodness of his heart.

>It doesn't look like any of them have a lot of money. Money was probably a
> big factor in many of the pardons #45 signed. That, political
> connections and publicity were obviously the main factors in those
> pardons.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

> Traditionally convicts also sometimes recieve special treatment if
> they become "God fearing" Christians who spread "the word" of God. I
> honestly hope that wasn't the reason these assholes got special
> treatment.
>
> The outgoing governor probably isn't done yet. Look at the bright
> side. Their next governor is a Republican, who will inherit this
> traditional mess.

Good to see people in Louisiana have come to their senses.

--

If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it
still comes out a potato. Works the same with choosing your gender.

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<MPG.3ff1046e3208450698968d@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21412&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21412

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 14:52:25 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 22:52 UTC

In article <um7lq3$27tcg$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 12/23/2023 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > In article <um6t5l$23to8$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
> >>
> >> What a dumbass. I'm sure all these people will go home and become
> >> outstanding citizens.
> >>
> >> https://www.foxnews.com/us/outgoing-louisiana-gov-john-bel-edwards-pardons-56-inmates-40-convicted-murderers
> >
> > The Fakes News version left out a lot of gory details.
>
> This article was not on CNN.
>

> > These guys appear to have a current list,so far, with some of the grusome details.
> >
> > "KEEL News requested a list of the inmates granted a pardon or
> > commutation of sentence by Edwards during his final 3 months in office.
>
> What the hell is KEEL news?

It's unlikely that many people have "come to their senses". Things
change slowly in Louisiana. In some ways things haven't changed much
since the Civil war. You can still be locked up for no reason, other
than that it's more profitable to hold on to your ass, than it is to let
you go. As usual this seems to be a bigger problem if you have a very
dark complexion.

"Louisiana's over-incarceration is part of a deeply rooted pattern
By Hassan Kanu
February 1, 20239:54 AM PSTUpdated a year ago"

"(Reuters) - A recent U.S. Justice Department report on a decade-old
practice in Louisiana of deliberately keeping people in jail for months,
sometimes years, past their release date reads as though officials are
actively working to reclaim the mantle of ?world's prison capital.?

Louisiana had the highest incarceration rates in the country over the
last decade, by fairly wide margins. The state?s population is roughly
62% white and 33% Black, but those numbers nearly flip behind bars,
where 34% of inmates are white and 64% Black ? almost double Black
people?s representation in the general population.

The state, dubbed the "world's prison capital" in a 2012 investigation
by The Times Picayune, among other news outlets, now holds another
dubious distinction: It is the only jurisdiction in the U.S. known to
systematically keep people in jail well past their release dates, even
though officials have been aware of those violations of the Constitution
? and human rights ? for more than a decade, according to the Justice
Department's Jan. 25 report.

At the same time, Louisiana is remarkable for its use of the forced
labor of incarcerated people. In Louisiana, mostly Black prisoners pick
cotton, at gunpoint, on former slave plantations. They have cleaned up
the 2010 BP oil spill, have staffed ?prison rodeos,? where vulnerable
inmates are charged by a bull for public entertainment, and have cleaned
and cooked meals in the state Capitol.

Last year, residents in five states voted to remove constitutional
language that allows forced labor as punishment for crime, but Louisiana
was the lone holdout.
[snip]

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/louisianas-over-incarceration-
is-part-deeply-rooted-pattern-2023-02-01/

TB

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<um84qu$2a2ij$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21413&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21413

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 20:25:35 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 02:25 UTC

On 12/23/2023 4:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <um7lq3$27tcg$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 12/23/2023 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <um6t5l$23to8$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>> The Fakes News version left out a lot of gory details.
>>
>> This article was not on CNN.
>>

>>> These guys appear to have a current list,so far, with some of the grusome details.
>>>
>>> "KEEL News requested a list of the inmates granted a pardon or
>>> commutation of sentence by Edwards during his final 3 months in office.
>>
>> What the hell is KEEL news?
>>

> It's unlikely that many people have "come to their senses". Things
> change slowly in Louisiana. In some ways things haven't changed much
> since the Civil war.

And you know this how? It must be nice to think you know everything.
When is the last time you visited Louisiana? I am quite familiar with
Louisiana since I have several close relatives who live there. And I can
tell you on my visits I have been treated with nothing but and kindness
and respect by both black and white citizens. Southern people in general
are very cordial and accommodating to "feriners". Even you Garden of
PNW loons. So, go fly your racist flag along side your homosexual pride
flag.

---------
If you put a potato in a microwave oven and press the pizza button, it
still comes out a potato. Works the same with choosing your gender.

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<MPG.3ff61887168a0f5698968f@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21425&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21425

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 11:19:12 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:19 UTC

In article <um84qu$2a2ij$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 12/23/2023 4:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> This article was not on CNN.

> >> What the hell is KEEL news?
> >>

> > It's unlikely that many people have "come to their senses". Things
> > change slowly in Louisiana. In some ways things haven't changed much
> > since the Civil war.
>
> And you know this how? It must be nice to think you know everything.
> When is the last time you visited Louisiana? I am quite familiar with
> Louisiana since I have several close relatives who live there. And I can
> tell you on my visits I have been treated with nothing but and kindness
> and respect by both black and white citizens. Southern people in general
> are very cordial and accommodating to "feriners". Even you Garden of
> PNW loons. So, go fly your racist flag along side your homosexual pride
> flag.

There's nothing in your cute little opinion to refute the treatment
the Department of Justice found.

[...]

I have to agree, that in general I have found southeners to be
"very cordial and accomodating". But, that can vary a bit, depending on
your circumstances. I have to say that the police captain who drove me
out of his town, during my crazy summer after I got out of the Navy, was
very nice. I got a nice tour on my way out of town.

I also met a true southern belle from New Oreleans who was the
real deal. Half her family was Cajuns. She was the sort of person for
whom it would not matter if the house was on fire, she would still need
to put on her makeup first. She was extremely cordial and accomodating.
She had been teaching at one of the high schools until the night she had
been very accomodating with 3 high school boys, all at the same time.
You can't expect high school boys to keep that sort of secret. She said
that when she was called into the office she turned on the water works
and she figured that was what saved her from being fired. So they
transfered her to a grade school, figuring those boys would be safe.

She liked for her vacations to include a lot of sex. I had a very
nice week showing her around some of the sights of Oregon, and then she
flew back to New Oreleans.

TB

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<MPG.3ff61bcc73d48ad1989690@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21426&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21426

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 11:33:10 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:33 UTC

In article <MPG.3ff61887168a0f5698968f@reader80.eternal-september.org>,
technobarbarian@gmail.com says...

> In article <um84qu$2a2ij$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
> >
> > On 12/23/2023 4:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > > In article <um7lq3$27tcg$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> > > It's unlikely that many people have "come to their senses". Things
> > > change slowly in Louisiana. In some ways things haven't changed much
> > > since the Civil war.
> >
> > And you know this how? It must be nice to think you know everything.
> > When is the last time you visited Louisiana? I am quite familiar with
> > Louisiana since I have several close relatives who live there. And I can
> > tell you on my visits I have been treated with nothing but and kindness
> > and respect by both black and white citizens. Southern people in general
> > are very cordial and accommodating to "feriners". Even you Garden of
> > PNW loons. So, go fly your racist flag along side your homosexual pride
> > flag.
> >

> There's nothing in your cute little opinion to refute the treatment
> the Department of Justice found.
>
> "Louisiana's over-incarceration is part of a deeply rooted pattern"
>
> "February 1, 20239:54 AM PSTUpdated a year ago
>
> (Reuters) - A recent U.S. Justice Department report on a decade-old

I should have added that the town where I got the free tour was
somewhere in GA that raised a lot of chickens. My impression was that I
was just a regular part of the job as the captain looked around his
town. He was flipped off by someone working in a road crew. That guy and
me were probably nice additions to his day. I was pleasant company while
he looked around.

TB

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<umi9ub$31mf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21427&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21427

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 22:54:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4K7haZRXfL25vzcQlxlvGzVnlfE=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 22:54 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> inmates are charged by a bull for public entertainment, and have cleaned
> and cooked meals in the state Capitol.
>
> Last year, residents in five states voted to remove constitutional
> language that allows forced labor as punishment for crime, but Louisiana
> was the lone holdout."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/louisianas-over-incarceration-
> is-part-deeply-rooted-pattern-2023-02-01/
>
> I have to agree, that in general I have found southeners to be
> "very cordial and accomodating". But, that can vary a bit, depending on
> your circumstances. I have to say that the police captain who drove me
> out of his town, during my crazy summer after I got out of the Navy, was
> very nice. I got a nice tour on my way out of town.
>
> I also met a true southern belle from New Oreleans who was the

People from New Orleans are not cajuns, They may be creole. Cajuns are from
the southwest part of the state.

--
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein (?)

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<MPG.3ff656218772a680989691@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21428&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21428

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 15:42:00 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 23:42 UTC

In article <umi9ub$31mf$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.net says...
> People from New Orleans are not cajuns, They may be creole. Cajuns are from
> the southwest part of the state.

You are "correcting" something I didn't say, moron. I only said she
was from New Orleans.

TB

Re: OT? - Let 'em All Go

<umii9i$40pp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21430&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21430

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:16:35 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 01:16 UTC

On 12/27/2023 5:42 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <umi9ub$31mf$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.net says...
>> People from New Orleans are not cajuns, They may be creole. Cajuns are from
>> the southwest part of the state.
>>

> You are "correcting" something I didn't say, moron. I only said she
> was from New Orleans.
>
> TB

It takes one to know one:

"I also met a true southern belle from New Oreleans who was the
real deal. Half her family was Cajuns." - Senor Dodge

--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / OT? - Let 'em All Go