Water, taken in moderation cannot hurt anybody. -- Mark Twain

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act

SubjectAuthor
* #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection ActTechnobarbarian
`- #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Actkmiller

1
#45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act

<MPG.3ffd0f6f748e6d23989695@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21477&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21477

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 18:06:40 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 02:06 UTC

Isn't this what the Republicans have been claiming Democrat
presidenets were going to do? Even more bizzarely, #45 claims he
couldn't invoke the Insurrection act because Twitter wasn't allowing him
to use their service. How in the world were presidents able to invoke
the Insurrection act before Twitter was invented?

"Donald Trump has shared a social media post that claims he tried to
activate the Insurrection Act during the January 6 riot in the Capitol
Building, which may signal a change in direction in his defense on
charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election.

The act is only used in extreme situations where law and order has
broken down and the military is called in to contain rebellion.

The post on the social media site Truth Social claims that Trump was
prevented from announcing his use of the act by Twitter, now rebranded
as X, which was allegedly deleting his tweets on January 6."

<https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-insurrection-act-january-6-
congress-chutkan-1856909>

What insurrection? Duh, I don' seen no insurrecton. Just a bunch of
confused tourists.

TB

Re: #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act

<G5ydnShradxVFwn4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21487&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21487

Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 14:14:34 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 22:14 UTC

On 1/1/2024 6:06 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> Isn't this what the Republicans have been claiming Democrat
> presidenets were going to do? Even more bizzarely, #45 claims he
> couldn't invoke the Insurrection act because Twitter wasn't allowing him
> to use their service. How in the world were presidents able to invoke
> the Insurrection act before Twitter was invented?
>
> "Donald Trump has shared a social media post that claims he tried to
> activate the Insurrection Act during the January 6 riot in the Capitol
> Building, which may signal a change in direction in his defense on
> charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election.
>
> The act is only used in extreme situations where law and order has
> broken down and the military is called in to contain rebellion.
>
> The post on the social media site Truth Social claims that Trump was
> prevented from announcing his use of the act by Twitter, now rebranded
> as X, which was allegedly deleting his tweets on January 6."
>
> <https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-insurrection-act-january-6-
> congress-chutkan-1856909>
>
> What insurrection? Duh, I don' seen no insurrecton. Just a bunch of
> confused tourists.
>
> TB

Soon he'll claim he was prevented from activating the Insurrection act
because his toilet broke and all he could text was "covfefe". HawHawHaw!

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: #45 claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act