From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Hole in the Wall Falls
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:20:49 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:20 UTC

There are roughly 74 waterfalls on this side of the Columbia gorge.
Hole in the Wall Falls is a man made waterfall and a great example of
the way things used to work and the way they work now. Warren falls used
to drop rocks on the highway and the railroad tracks at times. This was
very inconvient. The engineers came up with a simple solution. They dug
a tunnel and diverted the water away from Warren falls. This was a
simple, cheap solution, that is still working today.

https://gorgefriends.org/hike-the-gorge/hole-in-the-wall-falls-.html

The video is a hoot. It features our highway department's scenic
coordinator. At well over 50 years old, the Hole in the Wall falls is
now itself an historic feature of the Columbia gorge scenic area.

https://watch.opb.org/video/oregon-field-guide-warren-falls/

TB

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Hole in the Wall Falls