You will engage in a profitable business activity.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Time of day pricing

SubjectAuthor
* Time of day pricingTechnobarbarian
`* Re: Time of day pricingGeorge.Anthony
 +* Re: Time of day pricingTechnobarbarian
 |`- Re: Time of day pricingGeorge.Anthony
 `* Re: Time of day pricingTechnobarbarian
  `- Re: Time of day pricingGeorge.Anthony

1
Time of day pricing

<MPG.401dfe89eb1a49559896c6@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21749&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21749

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Time of day pricing
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:38:55 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:38 UTC

The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
changes in my usage.

TB

Re: Time of day pricing

<up1rpd$37u70$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21750&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21750

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Time of day pricing
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 21:03:08 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 03:03 UTC

On 1/26/2024 7:38 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
> first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
> look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
> to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
> way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
> Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
> little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
> it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
> money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
> system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
> push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
> changes in my usage.
>
> TB

That sure is a big drop from $8.7 mil. Does that mean there's trouble a
brewin' in The Garden of Oregon?
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: Time of day pricing

<MPG.401ee726170b229896c9@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21754&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21754

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 10:11:42 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:11 UTC

In article <up1rpd$37u70$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 1/26/2024 7:38 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
> > first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
> > look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
> > to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
> > way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
> > Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
> > little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
> > it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
> > money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
> > system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
> > push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
> > changes in my usage.
> >
> > TB
>
> That sure is a big drop from $8.7 mil. Does that mean there's trouble a
> brewin' in The Garden of Oregon?

No, it means you don't understand how math works. The math is
working out the way PGE told me it would. It's very simple. As I said,
"The easiest way to make money is by not spending it." I'm probably
saving around $60 annually with only the few minutes of effort required
to sign in to my account twice a year. If I want to compare that with
the effort required to make money in other ways the answer is not $8.7
million.

TB

Re: Time of day pricing

<up3ikp$3g62o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21756&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21756

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 12:39:22 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:39 UTC

On 1/27/2024 12:11 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up1rpd$37u70$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 1/26/2024 7:38 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>> The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
>>> first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
>>> look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
>>> to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
>>> way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
>>> Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
>>> little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
>>> it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
>>> money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
>>> system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
>>> push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
>>> changes in my usage.
>>>
>>> TB
>>
>> That sure is a big drop from $8.7 mil. Does that mean there's trouble a
>> brewin' in The Garden of Oregon?
>
> No, it means you don't understand how math works. The math is
> working out the way PGE told me it would. It's very simple. As I said,
> "The easiest way to make money is by not spending it." I'm probably
> saving around $60 annually with only the few minutes of effort required
> to sign in to my account twice a year. If I want to compare that with
> the effort required to make money in other ways the answer is not $8.7
> million.
>
> TB
Regardless, that's a lot less than the $8.7 mil you saved a year of so ago.
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: Time of day pricing

<MPG.40206c7a262924859896ce@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21774&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21774

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:52:33 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:52 UTC

In article <up1rpd$37u70$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 1/26/2024 7:38 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
> > first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
> > look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
> > to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
> > way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
> > Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
> > little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
> > it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
> > money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
> > system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
> > push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
> > changes in my usage.
> >
> > TB
>
> That sure is a big drop from $8.7 mil. Does that mean there's trouble a
> brewin' in The Garden of Oregon?

That's just more jive ass math. Along with my biggest power bill
ever I also got a $31 savings during the last billing period, compared
to what I would have paid at the "basic" rate. "With great power, comes
great savings." Or something like that.

TB

Re: Time of day pricing

<up6r6a$54u4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21775&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21775

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:23:38 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:23 UTC

On 1/28/2024 3:52 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up1rpd$37u70$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 1/26/2024 7:38 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>> The price of electricity went up by 18% here and I just got my
>>> first bill since then. The shock was enough to get me to take a closer
>>> look at my "time of day" price for electricity. So far, since I changed
>>> to time of day pricing last March, I have saved a grand total of $5. The
>>> way things are going, I might have saved $25 or $30 by the end of the
>>> Winter. They warned me about this. The way I use electricity I lose a
>>> little money on time of day pricing during the Summer. Spring and Fall
>>> it works out about the same with either pricing system. I save some
>>> money on time of day pricing during the Winter. If I start gaming the
>>> system and changing the pricing system during the Summer I figure I can
>>> push my savings up to over $60 a year, without making significant
>>> changes in my usage.
>>>
>>> TB
>>
>> That sure is a big drop from $8.7 mil. Does that mean there's trouble a
>> brewin' in The Garden of Oregon?
>
> That's just more jive ass math. Along with my biggest power bill
> ever I also got a $31 savings during the last billing period, compared
> to what I would have paid at the "basic" rate. "With great power, comes
> great savings." Or something like that.
>
> TB

You're the one that did the "honky" math. I'm just repeating the numbers
you quoted. Fire up your wayback machine and fact check yourself.