Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / God's Army

SubjectAuthor
* God's ArmyTechnobarbarian
+* Re: God's ArmyGeorge.Anthony
|`* Re: God's ArmyTechnobarbarian
| +* Re: God's Armybfh
| |`- Re: God's Armykmiller
| `- Re: God's ArmyGeorge.Anthony
+- Re: God's Armykmiller
`- Re: God's ArmyTechnobarbarian

1
God's Army

<MPG.401ed234330904bd9896c8@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21753&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21753

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: God's Army
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 08:41:57 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 16:41 UTC

I do not miss the days when Portland was making national headlines.
Texas is making Portland look like a children's tea party.

"A trucker convoy of ?patriots? is heading to the U.S. border with
Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal
government intensifies.
The organizers of the ?Take Our Border Back? convoy have called
themselves ?God?s army? and say they?re on a mission to stand up against
the ?globalists? who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open
and destroy the country.

?This is a biblical, monumental moment that?s been put together by God,?
one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. ?We are besieged on
all sides by dark forces of evil,? said another. ?Blessed are the
peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for
the remnant to rise.? (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the
ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis)."

"The organizers current plan is for the convoy to depart Virginia Beach
on Monday and snake down through the southeast, stopping over in
Jacksonville, Florida before making its way to several stops along the
border. The convoy will then split up for separate rallies on Feb. 3,
one near Eagle Pass, Texas, a second in Yuma, Arizona, and a third in
San Ysidro, California.

A group of six patriot-world influencers, including Kim Yeater, who runs
a self-empowerment self-help group and an anti-voter fraud group,
started organizing the convoy around a month ago. ?God?s army is rising
up,? she said on the planning call. ?We all have been chosen for this
time.?"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-
border-dispute-christian-nationalism

TB

Re: God's Army

<up3j45$3g62o$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21757&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21757

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: God's Army
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 12:47:35 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:47 UTC

On 1/27/2024 10:41 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> I do not miss the days when Portland was making national headlines.
> Texas is making Portland look like a children's tea party.
>
> "A trucker convoy of ?patriots? is heading to the U.S. border with
> Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal
> government intensifies.
> The organizers of the ?Take Our Border Back? convoy have called
> themselves ?God?s army? and say they?re on a mission to stand up against
> the ?globalists? who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open
> and destroy the country.
>
> ?This is a biblical, monumental moment that?s been put together by God,?
> one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. ?We are besieged on
> all sides by dark forces of evil,? said another. ?Blessed are the
> peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for
> the remnant to rise.? (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the
> ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis)."
>
> "The organizers current plan is for the convoy to depart Virginia Beach
> on Monday and snake down through the southeast, stopping over in
> Jacksonville, Florida before making its way to several stops along the
> border. The convoy will then split up for separate rallies on Feb. 3,
> one near Eagle Pass, Texas, a second in Yuma, Arizona, and a third in
> San Ysidro, California.
>
> A group of six patriot-world influencers, including Kim Yeater, who runs
> a self-empowerment self-help group and an anti-voter fraud group,
> started organizing the convoy around a month ago. ?God?s army is rising
> up,? she said on the planning call. ?We all have been chosen for this
> time.?"
>
> https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-
> border-dispute-christian-nationalism
>
> TB

Easy for you in The Garden of Oregon to say. I doubt you have free
bringing crime and drugs and human trafficking into the PNW (well, I
guess a couple of those things are already there but...)and sucking on
the government teat.

Maybe governor Abbott should send Governor Kotex a few of our illegals.
They would blend right in with all the druggie and homeless people you
are now supporting. Face it man, the land of milk and honey is now the
land of dopey honeys.
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: God's Army

<MPG.4022f97b1dced82e9896d7@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21805&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21805

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:18:38 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:18 UTC

In article <up3j45$3g62o$3@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 1/27/2024 10:41 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > I do not miss the days when Portland was making national headlines.
> > Texas is making Portland look like a children's tea party.
> >
> > "A trucker convoy of ?patriots? is heading to the U.S. border with
> > Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal
> > government intensifies.
> > The organizers of the ?Take Our Border Back? convoy have called
> > themselves ?God?s army? and say they?re on a mission to stand up against
> > the ?globalists? who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open
> > and destroy the country.
> >
> > ?This is a biblical, monumental moment that?s been put together by God,?
> > one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. ?We are besieged on
> > all sides by dark forces of evil,? said another. ?Blessed are the
> > peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for
> > the remnant to rise.? (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the
> > ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis)."
> >
> > "The organizers current plan is for the convoy to depart Virginia Beach
> > on Monday and snake down through the southeast, stopping over in
> > Jacksonville, Florida before making its way to several stops along the
> > border. The convoy will then split up for separate rallies on Feb. 3,
> > one near Eagle Pass, Texas, a second in Yuma, Arizona, and a third in
> > San Ysidro, California.
> >
> > A group of six patriot-world influencers, including Kim Yeater, who runs
> > a self-empowerment self-help group and an anti-voter fraud group,
> > started organizing the convoy around a month ago. ?God?s army is rising
> > up,? she said on the planning call. ?We all have been chosen for this
> > time.?"
> >
> > https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-
> > border-dispute-christian-nationalism
> >
> > TB
>
> Easy for you in The Garden of Oregon to say. I doubt you have free
> bringing crime and drugs and human trafficking into the PNW (well, I
> guess a couple of those things are already there but...)and sucking on
> the government teat.
>
> Maybe governor Abbott should send Governor Kotex a few of our illegals.
> They would blend right in with all the druggie and homeless people you
> are now supporting. Face it man, the land of milk and honey is now the
> land of dopey honeys.

"The ?Take Our Border Back? Convoy Is Already a Complete Mess
Instead of immigrants, the group of extremists mostly battled each
other, paranoia, and their GPS systems."

"On Monday morning, the organizers of the Take Our Border Back convoy
kicked off their road trip to the Texas?Mexico border in Virginia Beach.
Though they claimed that up to 40,000 trucks would be joining, only 20
vehicles made up the convoy as it rolled into Jacksonville, Florida, 14
hours later. The promised support had not materialized?not a single
truck showed up, tires were reportedly slashed, participants got lost,
and paranoia struck the group. In short, the convoy was a complete mess.

The convoy was organized last week as a show of support for Texas
governor Greg Abbott and his decision to defy the federal government and
President Joe Biden about the installation of razor wire along the
Texas?Mexico border in Eagle Pass, Texas. While at least one organizer
initially said they planned to hunt down migrants along the border in
collaboration with sympathetic members of law enforcement, the group
appeared to walk back that assertion on Monday, issuing a statement that
the convoy would not be heading to the border at all but instead going
to Quemado, a tiny town in Catron County, Texas. The group?s website,
however, still lists the route of the convoy as ?Virginia Beach, VA, to
Eagle Pass,? and members of the planning group on Telegram still say
they are going to the Texas border.

The organizers also repeatedly stated that the event was peaceful,
though online chats in a related Telegram group show members discussing
?exterminating? migrants. A known white nationalist who was kicked out
of the People?s Convoy in 2022, Ryan Sanchez, is among those most active
in the group. Sanchez was previously a Marine Corp reservist who says he
was kicked out after he was reported to have been demonstrating
alongside the Rise Above Movement, an alt-right street-fighting group
that took part in the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in
2017, which led to the death of one counterprotester."
[snip]

https://www.wired.com/story/day-one-take-our-border-back-convoy-texas/

TB

Re: God's Army

<l5duN.251296$Ama9.101018@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21806&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21806

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:36:33 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:36 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> to Quemado, a tiny town in Catron County, Texas. The group?s website,
> however, still lists the route of the convoy as ?Virginia Beach, VA, to
> Eagle Pass,? and members of the planning group on Telegram still say
> they are going to the Texas border.
>
> The organizers also repeatedly stated that the event was peaceful,
> though online chats in a related Telegram group show members discussing
> ?exterminating? migrants. A known white nationalist who was kicked out
> of the People?s Convoy in 2022, Ryan Sanchez, is among those most active
> in the group. Sanchez was previously a Marine Corp reservist who says he
> was kicked out after he was reported to have been demonstrating
> alongside the Rise Above Movement, an alt-right street-fighting group
> that took part in the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in
> 2017, which led to the death of one counterprotester."

I was gonna go, but it conflicts with my naps and Walmart appointments.

--
bill

Re: God's Army

<upbrob$15okc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21807&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21807

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:03:58 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:03 UTC

On 1/30/2024 2:18 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> to Quemado, a tiny town in Catron County, Texas. The group?s website,
> however, still lists the route of the convoy as ?Virginia Beach, VA, to
> Eagle Pass,? and members of the planning group on Telegram still say
> they are going to the Texas border.
>
> The organizers also repeatedly stated that the event was peaceful,
> though online chats in a related Telegram group show members discussing
> ?exterminating? migrants. A known white nationalist who was kicked out
> of the People?s Convoy in 2022, Ryan Sanchez, is among those most active
> in the group. Sanchez was previously a Marine Corp reservist who says he
> was kicked out after he was reported to have been demonstrating
> alongside the Rise Above Movement, an alt-right street-fighting group
> that took part in the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in
> 2017, which led to the death of one counterprotester."

Looks like Biden has his instigators out in full force. By the way,
those aren't Texans.
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: God's Army

<5Picnb5HgPVpDCT4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21813&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21813

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:19:03 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 00:19 UTC

On 1/30/2024 12:36 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> Easy for you in The Garden of Oregon to say. I doubt you have free
>>> bringing crime and drugs and human trafficking into the PNW (well, I
>>> guess a couple of those things are already there but...)and sucking on
>>> the government teat.
>>>
>>> Maybe governor Abbott should send Governor Kotex a few of our illegals.
>>> They would blend right in with all the druggie and homeless people you
>>> are now supporting. Face it man, the land of milk and honey is now the
>>> land of dopey honeys.
>>
>> "The ?Take Our Border Back? Convoy Is Already a Complete Mess
>> Instead of immigrants, the group of extremists mostly battled each
>> other, paranoia, and their GPS systems."
>>
>> "On Monday morning, the organizers of the Take Our Border Back convoy
>> kicked off their road trip to the Texas?Mexico border in Virginia Beach.
>> Though they claimed that up to 40,000 trucks would be joining, only 20
>> vehicles made up the convoy as it rolled into Jacksonville, Florida, 14
>> hours later. The promised support had not materialized?not a single
>> truck showed up, tires were reportedly slashed, participants got lost,
>> and paranoia struck the group. In short, the convoy was a complete mess.
>>
>> The convoy was organized last week as a show of support for Texas
>> governor Greg Abbott and his decision to defy the federal government and
>> President Joe Biden about the installation of razor wire along the
>> Texas?Mexico border in Eagle Pass, Texas. While at least one organizer
>> initially said they planned to hunt down migrants along the border in
>> collaboration with sympathetic members of law enforcement, the group
>> appeared to walk back that assertion on Monday, issuing a statement that
>> the convoy would not be heading to the border at all but instead going
>> to Quemado, a tiny town in Catron County, Texas. The group?s website,
>> however, still lists the route of the convoy as ?Virginia Beach, VA, to
>> Eagle Pass,? and members of the planning group on Telegram still say
>> they are going to the Texas border.
>>
>> The organizers also repeatedly stated that the event was peaceful,
>> though online chats in a related Telegram group show members discussing
>> ?exterminating? migrants. A known white nationalist who was kicked out
>> of the People?s Convoy in 2022, Ryan Sanchez, is among those most active
>> in the group. Sanchez was previously a Marine Corp reservist who says he
>> was kicked out after he was reported to have been demonstrating
>> alongside the Rise Above Movement, an alt-right street-fighting group
>> that took part in the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in
>> 2017, which led to the death of one counterprotester."
>> [snip]
>>
>> https://www.wired.com/story/day-one-take-our-border-back-convoy-texas/
>>
>> TB
>>
> I was gonna go, but it conflicts with my naps and Walmart appointments.

You would have to shave your head. Oh, wait... Nevermind...

Re: God's Army

<MbOdnbh7TbJlDiT4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21815&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21815

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:27:38 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 00:27 UTC

On 1/27/2024 8:41 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> I do not miss the days when Portland was making national headlines.
> Texas is making Portland look like a children's tea party.
>
> "A trucker convoy of ?patriots? is heading to the U.S. border with
> Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal
> government intensifies.
> The organizers of the ?Take Our Border Back? convoy have called
> themselves ?God?s army? and say they?re on a mission to stand up against
> the ?globalists? who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open
> and destroy the country.
>
> ?This is a biblical, monumental moment that?s been put together by God,?
> one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. ?We are besieged on
> all sides by dark forces of evil,? said another. ?Blessed are the
> peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for
> the remnant to rise.? (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the
> ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis)."
>
> "The organizers current plan is for the convoy to depart Virginia Beach
> on Monday and snake down through the southeast, stopping over in
> Jacksonville, Florida before making its way to several stops along the
> border. The convoy will then split up for separate rallies on Feb. 3,
> one near Eagle Pass, Texas, a second in Yuma, Arizona, and a third in
> San Ysidro, California.
>
> A group of six patriot-world influencers, including Kim Yeater, who runs
> a self-empowerment self-help group and an anti-voter fraud group,
> started organizing the convoy around a month ago. ?God?s army is rising
> up,? she said on the planning call. ?We all have been chosen for this
> time.?"
>
> https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-
> border-dispute-christian-nationalism
>
> TB

If that's "God's Army", it doesn't say much for God. HawHawHaw!

Re: God's Army

<MPG.402d371f463bfd56989706@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21954&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21954

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 06:44:21 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:44 UTC

In article <MPG.401ed234330904bd9896c8@reader80.eternal-september.org>,
technobarbarian@gmail.com says...

> I do not miss the days when Portland was making national headlines.
> Texas is making Portland look like a children's tea party.
>
> "A trucker convoy of ?patriots? is heading to the U.S. border with
> Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal
> government intensifies.
> The organizers of the ?Take Our Border Back? convoy have called
> themselves ?God?s army? and say they?re on a mission to stand up against
> the ?globalists? who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open
> and destroy the country.
>
> ?This is a biblical, monumental moment that?s been put together by God,?
> one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. ?We are besieged on
> all sides by dark forces of evil,? said another. ?Blessed are the
> peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for
> the remnant to rise.? (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the
> ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis)."
>
> "The organizers current plan is for the convoy to depart Virginia Beach
> on Monday and snake down through the southeast, stopping over in
> Jacksonville, Florida before making its way to several stops along the
> border. The convoy will then split up for separate rallies on Feb. 3,
> one near Eagle Pass, Texas, a second in Yuma, Arizona, and a third in
> San Ysidro, California.
>
> A group of six patriot-world influencers, including Kim Yeater, who runs
> a self-empowerment self-help group and an anti-voter fraud group,
> started organizing the convoy around a month ago. ?God?s army is rising
> up,? she said on the planning call. ?We all have been chosen for this
> time.?"
>
> https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-
> border-dispute-christian-nationalism
>
> TB

These folks are a terrible disappointment. I was hoping Gawd
would help them out. At least give them some sort of sign. Is a burning
bush too much to ask for in TX? I don't expect her to part the Rio Grand
for them. Heck, maybe just send RFK back for one grand rally?. Maybe a
lamb born with two heads? With these folks it wouldn't take much.

"The ?God?s Army? convoy rallied in three cities near the southern
border this weekend, drawing a mix of Christian nationalists, MAGA
influencers, Jan. 6 rioters, aspiring lawmakers, live streaming
grifters, QAnon conspiracy theorists, and paramilitary groups.

The stated purpose of the rallies?officially called the ?Take Back Our
Border? convoy? in Quemado, Texas, Yuma, Arizona, and San Ysidro,
California, was to protest the Biden Administration's handling of
immigration across the U.S.-Mexico border.

But the rhetoric at those events went well beyond gripes about
immigration policy. Speeches were a soup of grievances, anti-government
conspiracies, and dehumanizing language about migrants.

Jan. 6 rioters were hailed as folk heroes: ?I am a January 6 defendant,
guns up,? declared speaker Ryan Zink, who served 60 days in jail for his
crimes during the insurrection at the Capitol, and is now running for
Congress.

Attendees got an earful of apocalyptic rhetoric, and were repeatedly
told that they were fighting a ?spiritual battle? for the soul of
America."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3akejv/gods-army-convoy-take-back-our-
border-far-right-maga-groups

TB