Most people are too busy to have time for anything important.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

SubjectAuthor
* OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
`* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!bfh
 `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
  +* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!bfh
  |`* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
  | `- Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!bfh
  `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
   `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
    +* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!bfh
    |+- Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
    |+* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!kmiller
    ||`- Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!bfh
    |`* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
    | `- Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
    `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
     `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
      `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
       `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
        `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony
         `* Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!Technobarbarian
          `- Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!George.Anthony

1
OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up3iiv$3g62o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21755&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21755

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - I Don't Believe It!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 12:38:25 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:38 UTC

Not in The Garden of Oregon. Say it ain't so Joe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crisis-northwest-voters-beyond-turning-point-decades-progressive-politics
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<xzctN.360721$p%Mb.29618@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21759&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21759

Subject: Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:11:25 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 19:11 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> Not in The Garden of Oregon. Say it ain't so Joe.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crisis-northwest-voters-beyond-turning-point-decades-progressive-politics

Things will get better at the end of the day going forward in the
passage of time when they clear out the root of the problem - graffiti
and plywood.

--
bill

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.401f1ede85d4ecc49896ca@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21760&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21760

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:09:04 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 22:09 UTC

In article <xzctN.360721$p%Mb.29618@fx15.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> George.Anthony wrote:
> > Not in The Garden of Oregon. Say it ain't so Joe.
> >
> > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crisis-northwest-voters-beyond-turning-point-decades-progressive-politics
>
> Things will get better at the end of the day going forward in the
> passage of time when they clear out the root of the problem - graffiti
> and plywood.

Hey, we claim that Portland is the modern birth place of plywood.
We make and sell a lot of it here. We expect to do a lot more with
laminated wood, including bigger and better buildings.

"While we may think of plywood as a common, modern material, the first
patent for an early plywood prototype in the U.S. was issued back in
1865. It wasn?t until 1905, however, that plywood really stepped into
the spotlight?and sparked a new industry?when the Portland Manufacturing
Company exhibited their ?Three-ply Veneer Work? panels at the World's
Fair in Portland, OR. The new material drew attention, with several
door, cabinet, and trunk manufacturers placing orders.

While early customers were primarily sourcing plywood for door panels,
in 1920, the Elliott Bay Mill Company based in Seattle started serving
more automobile industry customers, who used the plywood for running
boards. By the end of the 1920s, there were 17 mills operating
throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Though gaining popularity, plywood was held back in its early years from
reaching its full potential due to inadequate adhesives. That all
changed in 1934 when a chemist at Harbor Plywood Corporation in
Aberdeen, Washington, developed a waterproof adhesive that could be used
for exteriors. Around this time, several of the independent mills joined
together to found the Douglas Fir Plywood Association (DFPA) and created
product standards for plywood. The increased quality and production
standard served as a catalyst for plywood?s growth and use, particularly
in home construction, resulting in more than one million homes
constructed using DFPA-trademarked materials. The developments in the
1930s also led to more mills producing all the way to the 1990s."

https://solutions.dunnlumber.com/projects/the-history-of-plywood-in-the-
pacific-northwest

Naturally, jive ass is getting the Fakes News version, relying on
retrumplican sources. They are hammering out changes to our drug laws in
Salem. The retrumplicans and the law enforcement people would like to
return to the old system, because that's the way they make their money.
After all they are LOL the party of law and order. They love crime and
punishment. The retrumplicans have been hammering on the apocalypse
message. They want as much fear as they can drum up. The Democrats are
saying that there have to be better ways to deal with the problem,
because we really can't afford to spend that sort of money on a solution
that doesn't solve the problem. And the cost of crime and punishment
just keeps going up.

It's that same old insanity thing again, about doing the same thing
over and over and expecting different results.

In the end I expect that the politicians will find the cheapest
possible way to convince the drug users to keep it on the down low. It
looks like we'll probably try low level harassment next.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<R_gtN.360750$p%Mb.303867@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21761&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21761

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 19:13:36 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 00:13 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <xzctN.360721$p%Mb.29618@fx15.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>
>> George.Anthony wrote:
>>> Not in The Garden of Oregon. Say it ain't so Joe.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crisis-northwest-voters-beyond-turning-point-decades-progressive-politics
>>
>> Things will get better at the end of the day going forward in the
>> passage of time when they clear out the root of the problem - graffiti
>> and plywood.
>
> Hey, we claim that Portland is the modern birth place of plywood.
> We make and sell a lot of it here. We expect to do a lot more with
> laminated wood, including bigger and better buildings.

Yeah, but it makes very very poor glass windows. Maybe you've got
somebody out there who can invent transparent plywood?

--
bill

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21763&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21763

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 18:23:58 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 00:23 UTC

On 1/27/2024 4:09 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
> return to the old system, because that's the way they make their money.
> After all they are LOL the party of law and order. They love crime and
> punishment. The retrumplicans have been hammering on the apocalypse
> message. They want as much fear as they can drum up. The Democrats are
> saying that there have to be better ways to deal with the problem,
> because we really can't afford to spend that sort of money on a solution
> that doesn't solve the problem. And the cost of crime and punishment
> just keeps going up.
>
> It's that same old insanity thing again, about doing the same thing
> over and over and expecting different results.
>
> In the end I expect that the politicians will find the cheapest
> possible way to convince the drug users to keep it on the down low. It
> looks like we'll probably try low level harassment next.

Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.40202659d0e3a3149896cb@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21766&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21766

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 08:53:17 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:53 UTC

In article <R_gtN.360750$p%Mb.303867@fx15.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
> From: bfh <redydog@rye.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
>
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> Things will get better at the end of the day going forward in the
> >> passage of time when they clear out the root of the problem - graffiti
> >> and plywood.
> >
> > Hey, we claim that Portland is the modern birth place of plywood.
> > We make and sell a lot of it here. We expect to do a lot more with
> > laminated wood, including bigger and better buildings.
>
> Yeah, but it makes very very poor glass windows. Maybe you've got
> somebody out there who can invent transparent plywood?

When you can do things like this with it you don't need it to be
trnasparent. We have glass for that.

https://oregonbusinessindustry.com/freres-mass-ply-panels-learn-more-
about-coolest-thing-finalist/

https://www.dezeen.com/2021/06/23/mga-mass-timber-buildings-forestry-
college-oregon/

https://frereswood.com/products-and-services/mass-ply-products/

BTW Oregon is still the biggest softwood producer in the United
States and we make more plywood here than any other state. Be sure to
stock up for your riots and weather events.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.402033f9fa76e5a69896cc@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21767&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21767

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 09:51:31 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 17:51 UTC

In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?

The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
have a balanced budget.

We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
on the streets.

This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
more about that on Fakes News too.

BTW I don't live in Portland. I live in the Portland metropolitan
area. Out here most of us only see the problems in Portland when we turn
on our television. Portland has been a dumping ground for Oregon's
problems for a long time. Back when the police were allowed to harrass
homeless people for camping out most of them ended up in Portland
because it was more difficult for the police to harrass them there.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<ocxtN.258028$7sbb.83099@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21768&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21768

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:40:20 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:40 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <R_gtN.360750$p%Mb.303867@fx15.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>> From: bfh <redydog@rye.net>
>> Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
>>
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <xzctN.360721$p%Mb.29618@fx15.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

>>> Hey, we claim that Portland is the modern birth place of plywood.
>>> We make and sell a lot of it here. We expect to do a lot more with
>>> laminated wood, including bigger and better buildings.
>>
>> Yeah, but it makes very very poor glass windows. Maybe you've got
>> somebody out there who can invent transparent plywood?
>>

> When you can do things like this with it you don't need it to be
> trnasparent. We have glass for that.
>
> https://oregonbusinessindustry.com/freres-mass-ply-panels-learn-more-
> about-coolest-thing-finalist/
>
> https://www.dezeen.com/2021/06/23/mga-mass-timber-buildings-forestry-
> college-oregon/
>
> https://frereswood.com/products-and-services/mass-ply-products/
>
> BTW Oregon is still the biggest softwood producer in the United
> States and we make more plywood here than any other state. Be sure to
> stock up for your riots and weather events.

I've never had a riot here, and the last weather event blew over my
grilling table and broke the umbrella. I don't think plywood would
have helped. Maybe if I'd put all the tools in my toolbox on it, it
wouldn't have blown over. I didn't even use plywood to build the table.

--
bill

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<RdxtN.258029$7sbb.83607@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21769&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21769

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:41:52 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:41 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
>> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
>>

> The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
> helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
> passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
> have a balanced budget.
>
> We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
> with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
> threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
> the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
> them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
> hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
> in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
> year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
> reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
> on the streets.
>
> This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
> problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
> unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
> more about that on Fakes News too.

Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
immigrants.

--
bill

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up6ret$54u4$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21778&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21778

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:28:14 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:28 UTC

On 1/28/2024 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
>> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
>>

> The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process.

How often and how many times has this happened?

--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up6rfp$54u4$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21779&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21779

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:28:42 -0600

On 1/28/2024 12:41 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>>
>>> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
>>> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
>>>

>>       The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
>> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
>> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
>> helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
>> passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
>> have a balanced budget.
>>
>>       We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
>> with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
>> threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
>> the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
>> them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
>> hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
>> in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
>> year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
>> reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
>> on the streets.
>>
>>      This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
>> problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
>> unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
>> more about that on Fakes News too.
>
> Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
> immigrants.

Bwah hah hah!

--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<kcicnbhWvNGmjSr4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21784&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21784

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:41:02 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 02:41 UTC

On 1/28/2024 10:41 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>>
>>> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
>>> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
>>>

>>       The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
>> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
>> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
>> helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
>> passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
>> have a balanced budget.
>>
>>       We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
>> with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
>> threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
>> the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
>> them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
>> hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
>> in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
>> year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
>> reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
>> on the streets.
>>
>>      This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
>> problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
>> unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
>> more about that on Fakes News too.
>
> Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
> immigrants.

Take away their dictionarys and encyclopedias?

>>       BTW I don't live in Portland. I live in the Portland metropolitan
>> area. Out here most of us only see the problems in Portland when we turn
>> on our television. Portland has been a dumping ground for Oregon's
>> problems for a long time. Back when the police were allowed to harrass
>> homeless people for camping out most of them ended up in Portland
>> because it was more difficult for the police to harrass them there.
>>
>> TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<uSFtN.258084$7sbb.249982@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21785&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21785

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:31:22 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 04:31 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 1/28/2024 10:41 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>>       The politics here is a bit different than what you are
>>> used to. We
>>> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
>>> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
>>> helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens
>>> here
>>> passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state
>>> government to
>>> have a balanced budget.
>>>
>>>       We currently have about the cheapest system possible for
>>> dealing
>>> with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious,
>>> immediate
>>> threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We
>>> lock up
>>> the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
>>> them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest
>>> mental
>>> hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the
>>> streets
>>> in the county they came from. The people who can't be released
>>> after one
>>> year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
>>> reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump
>>> them
>>> on the streets.
>>>
>>>      This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
>>> problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland
>>> seriously
>>> unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
>>> more about that on Fakes News too.
>>
>> Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
>> immigrants.
>
> Take away their dictionarys and encyclopedias?

What? What? What? I think I've been whooshed..........and you
misspelled "dictionaries". Did someone take away your dictionary?

--
bill

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.402167ddbf1c9ea69896cf@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21786&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21786

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:45:02 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:45 UTC

In article <up6ret$54u4$4@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 1/28/2024 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
> >>
> >> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
> >> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
> >>

> > The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
> > have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
> > also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process.
>
> How often and how many times has this happened?

Pretty frequently. For example, we currently have two iniatives
filed to amend our newest drug law. And it isn't always necessary to
start a petition drive. Our politicians passed a new minimum wage law
because they were afraid the cititzens were going to raise the minimum
wage even further.

"Push to change Measure 110 gains momentum and money
A coalition has filed ballot initiatives to prohibit hard drug use in
public places and has $700,000 lined up from donors, including Phil
Knight"

https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/09/18/push-to-change-measure-
110-gains-momentum-and-money/

Even if this petition drive fails it will spur our politicains to
make changes. And if you check out these iniatives you are likly to find
that they are focused on cheap solutions. Even Mr. Nike doesn't want to
spend a lot of money on this problem.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up8ing$h7fv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21787&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21787

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 10:11:31 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 16:11 UTC

On 1/29/2024 9:45 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up6ret$54u4$4@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 1/28/2024 11:51 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>> The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
>>> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
>>> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process.
>>
>> How often and how many times has this happened?
>
> Pretty frequently. For example, we currently have two iniatives
> filed to amend our newest drug law. And it isn't always necessary to
> start a petition drive. Our politicians passed a new minimum wage law
> because they were afraid the cititzens were going to raise the minimum
> wage even further.
>
> "Push to change Measure 110 gains momentum and money
> A coalition has filed ballot initiatives to prohibit hard drug use in
> public places and has $700,000 lined up from donors, including Phil
> Knight"
>
> https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/09/18/push-to-change-measure-
> 110-gains-momentum-and-money/
>
> Even if this petition drive fails it will spur our politicains to
> make changes. And if you check out these iniatives you are likly to find
> that they are focused on cheap solutions. Even Mr. Nike doesn't want to
> spend a lot of money on this problem.
>
> TB

But how many times have the initiatives been successful? I hope saner
heads prevail (if there are any up there) and the drug initiative
passes. Things aren't looking so good right now in The Garden of Oregon
drug circles.

--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.40217be457d550469896d0@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21788&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21788

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:10:54 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:10 UTC

In article <up8ing$h7fv$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> On 1/29/2024 9:45 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> How often and how many times has this happened?
> >
> > Pretty frequently. For example, we currently have two iniatives
> > filed to amend our newest drug law. And it isn't always necessary to
> > start a petition drive. Our politicians passed a new minimum wage law
> > because they were afraid the cititzens were going to raise the minimum
> > wage even further.
> >
> > "Push to change Measure 110 gains momentum and money
> > A coalition has filed ballot initiatives to prohibit hard drug use in
> > public places and has $700,000 lined up from donors, including Phil
> > Knight"
> >
> > https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/09/18/push-to-change-measure-
> > 110-gains-momentum-and-money/
> >
> > Even if this petition drive fails it will spur our politicains to
> > make changes. And if you check out these iniatives you are likly to find
> > that they are focused on cheap solutions. Even Mr. Nike doesn't want to
> > spend a lot of money on this problem.
> >
> > TB
>
> But how many times have the initiatives been successful? I hope saner
> heads prevail (if there are any up there) and the drug initiative
> passes. Things aren't looking so good right now in The Garden of Oregon
> drug circles.

You continue to ask stupid questions. We pass enough iniatives to
keep the politicians on their toes. At one time Oregonians passed a law
that said marriage was limited to one man and one woman. Right before
the video revolution we passed a law against obcenity. The chances are
that these two new iniatives won't actually run a petition drive. That
can be expensive. I don't think they have enough money to pull it off at
this point. It's just a way for Mr. Knight and his buddies to fire a
shot across the state legislature's bow.

You can be sure that the law will be ammended. At the very least
the politicians have to act like they're doing something. From what I've
seen so far, they are likely to come up with the cheapest solutions
possible, that will get the citizens off their back. My prediction is
that no one will be satisfied. I expect these problems to fester, in all
of our big cities, for a long time to come.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.40218206b97ddf969896d1@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21789&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21789

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:36:40 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:36 UTC

In article <RdxtN.258029$7sbb.83607@fx16.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
> >>
> >> Bwah Hah Hah, Haw Haw Haw, Snicker Snicker Snicker. When's the last time
> >> ANY politician found the cheapest way to do anything?
> >>

> > The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
> > have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
> > also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
> > helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
> > passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
> > have a balanced budget.
> >
> > We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
> > with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
> > threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
> > the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
> > them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
> > hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
> > in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
> > year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
> > reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
> > on the streets.
> >
> > This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
> > problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
> > unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
> > more about that on Fakes News too.
>
> Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
> immigrants.

The big difference is that we're dumping our problems on our own
streets. If we could dump them somewhere else the problem would have
been solved a long time ago.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up8oor$i8ml$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21792&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21792

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:54:37 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:54 UTC

On 1/29/2024 11:10 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up8ing$h7fv$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> On 1/29/2024 9:45 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <up6ret$54u4$4@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>> Pretty frequently. For example, we currently have two iniatives
>>> filed to amend our newest drug law. And it isn't always necessary to
>>> start a petition drive. Our politicians passed a new minimum wage law
>>> because they were afraid the cititzens were going to raise the minimum
>>> wage even further.
>>>
>>> "Push to change Measure 110 gains momentum and money
>>> A coalition has filed ballot initiatives to prohibit hard drug use in
>>> public places and has $700,000 lined up from donors, including Phil
>>> Knight"
>>>
>>> https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2023/09/18/push-to-change-measure-
>>> 110-gains-momentum-and-money/
>>>
>>> Even if this petition drive fails it will spur our politicains to
>>> make changes. And if you check out these iniatives you are likly to find
>>> that they are focused on cheap solutions. Even Mr. Nike doesn't want to
>>> spend a lot of money on this problem.
>>>
>>> TB
>>
>> But how many times have the initiatives been successful? I hope saner
>> heads prevail (if there are any up there) and the drug initiative
>> passes. Things aren't looking so good right now in The Garden of Oregon
>> drug circles.
>
> You continue to ask stupid questions.

You, apparently, are too stupid to know there's no such thing as a
stupid question. Those were legitimate queries. Too many times things
like you posted have no basis in fact. Of course you gave your usual non
answer. I asked how many times not for a couple of examples.

--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<up8oqv$i8ml$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21793&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21793

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:55:45 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:55 UTC

On 1/29/2024 11:36 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <RdxtN.258029$7sbb.83607@fx16.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

>>> The politics here is a bit different than what you are used to. We
>>> have the right to make new laws through the iniative process. We can
>>> also get rid of laws we don't like through the referral process. This
>>> helps us to keep the politicians in line. For example, the citizens here
>>> passed a law limiting property taxes. We require our state government to
>>> have a balanced budget.
>>>
>>> We currently have about the cheapest system possible for dealing
>>> with serious mental illness here. If someone isn't an obvious, immediate
>>> threat to themselves or others, we dump them on the streets. We lock up
>>> the small percentage who don't pass this test, but we try not to lock
>>> them up for very long. The longest anyone can stay in our biggest mental
>>> hospital is one year. After that most of them are dumped on the streets
>>> in the county they came from. The people who can't be released after one
>>> year are sent to smaller, more secure facitlities, where their case is
>>> reviewed regularly, incase they become well enough that we can dump them
>>> on the streets.
>>>
>>> This system obviously needs a little refinement. Now that the
>>> problem is obvious and making the people who live in Portland seriously
>>> unhappy, the politicians are talking about it in Salem. You might read
>>> more about that on Fakes News too.
>>
>> Some of that sounds sorta similar to what TX and FL do with illegal
>> immigrants.
>
> The big difference is that we're dumping our problems on our own
> streets. If we could dump them somewhere else the problem would have
> been solved a long time ago.
>
> TB

Proving Texans are smarter than "feel good" liberals.
--
"There are none so blind as liberals who will not see"

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<MPG.4022cade444f88989896d3@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21798&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21798

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 08:59:49 -0800
References: <up3iiv$3g62o$1@dont-email.me> <xzctN.360721$p%Mb.29618@fx15.iad> <MPG.401f1ede85d4ecc49896ca@reader80.eternal-september.org> <up46qt$3jbv3$2@dont-email.me> <MPG.402033f9fa76e5a69896cc@reader80.eternal-september.org> <up6ret$54u4$4@dont-email.me> <MPG.402167ddbf1c9ea69896cf@reader80.eternal-september.org> <up8ing$h7fv$1@dont-email.me> <MPG.40217be457d550469896d0@reader80.eternal-september.org> <up8oor$i8ml$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

In article <up8oor$i8ml$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...

> You, apparently, are too stupid to know there's no such thing as a
> stupid question. Those were legitimate queries. Too many times things
> like you posted have no basis in fact. Of course you gave your usual non
> answer. I asked how many times not for a couple of examples.

Well, at least this explains why you keep asking stupid question.

I accidentally stumbled on the answer to your question this
morning. This is further proof that this was a dumb question. The answer
doesn't make any difference and you are unlikely to read it. You
certainly will not learn anything from it. This is a list of all the
ballot measures since 1902 that we were able to vote on thanks to our
right of: iniative, referendum and referral, with the results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_ballot_measures

I love the fact that you are NEVER able to answer your own
question. This indicates that you are a dumbass who can't find his own
answers.

TB

Re: OT? - I Don't Believe It!

<upbajp$12out$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21799&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21799

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:11:23 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 17:11 UTC

On 1/30/2024 10:59 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <up8oor$i8ml$2@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.org says...
>>
>> You, apparently, are too stupid to know there's no such thing as a
>> stupid question. Those were legitimate queries. Too many times things
>> like you posted have no basis in fact. Of course you gave your usual non
>> answer. I asked how many times not for a couple of examples.
>>

> Well, at least this explains why you keep asking stupid question.
>
> I accidentally stumbled on the answer to your question this
> morning. This is further proof that this was a dumb question. The answer
> doesn't make any difference and you are unlikely to read it. You
> certainly will not learn anything from it. This is a list of all the
> ballot measures since 1902 that we were able to vote on thanks to our
> right of: iniative, referendum and referral, with the results.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_ballot_measures
>
> I love the fact that you are NEVER able to answer your own
> question. This indicates that you are a dumbass who can't find his own
> answers.
>

> TB

I had no need to look for the answer. You were the one bragging about
The Garden or Oregon politicians. If you "stumbled" on the answer, why
didn't you give me an answer. You are the one with the wayback machine.
Because you found the answer makes my question dumb? You need to look in
the mirror. You are one smug, self-important, holier than thou name
caller. I love it when I touch a liberal nerve.