From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Another example of Oregonian's using their rights to keep the politicians in line
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 09:29:08 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 17:29 UTC

"SALEM, Ore. (AP) ? The Oregon Supreme Court said Thursday that 10
Republican state senators who staged a record-long walkout last year to
stall bills on abortion, transgender health care and gun rights cannot
run for reelection.

The decision upholds the secretary of state?s decision to disqualify the
senators from the ballot under a voter-approved measure aimed at
stopping such boycotts. Measure 113, passed by voters in 2022, amended
the state constitution to bar lawmakers from reelection if they have
more than 10 unexcused absences.

Last year?s boycott lasted six weeks ? the longest in state history ?
and paralyzed the legislative session, stalling hundreds of bills."

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-republican-walkout-reelection-
f1d270db9e9a72935c13b973d79a4bb7

Those dweebs thought they could beat the citizens by arguing about
semantics.

TB

Re: Another example of Oregonian's using their rights to keep the politicians in line

<nfSuN.420646$83n7.102216@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21849&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21849

Subject: Re: Another example of Oregonian's using their rights to keep the
politicians in line
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 14:26:11 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 19:26 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "SALEM, Ore. (AP) ? The Oregon Supreme Court said Thursday that 10
> Republican state senators who staged a record-long walkout last year to
> stall bills on abortion, transgender health care and gun rights cannot
> run for reelection.
>
> The decision upholds the secretary of state?s decision to disqualify the
> senators from the ballot under a voter-approved measure aimed at
> stopping such boycotts. Measure 113, passed by voters in 2022, amended
> the state constitution to bar lawmakers from reelection if they have
> more than 10 unexcused absences.
>
> Last year?s boycott lasted six weeks ? the longest in state history ?
> and paralyzed the legislative session, stalling hundreds of bills."
>
> https://apnews.com/article/oregon-republican-walkout-reelection-
> f1d270db9e9a72935c13b973d79a4bb7
>
> Those dweebs thought they could beat the citizens by arguing about
> semantics.

Y'all should just have a ballot measure to ban Republicans from
running for office. Once you get all Democrats in office, all your
problems will get fixed in a statistically significant relatively
short passage of time.

But meanwhile, who signs absence excuse slips?

--
bill

Re: Another example of Oregonian's using their rights to keep the politicians in line

<bmadnWEz_dYzpSH4nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21854&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21854

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:34:57 -0800
politicians in line
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 00:34 UTC

On 2/1/2024 11:26 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>

>> "SALEM, Ore. (AP) ? The Oregon Supreme Court said Thursday that 10
>> Republican state senators who staged a record-long walkout last year to
>> stall bills on abortion, transgender health care and gun rights cannot
>> run for reelection.
>>
>> The decision upholds the secretary of state?s decision to disqualify the
>> senators from the ballot under a voter-approved measure aimed at
>> stopping such boycotts. Measure 113, passed by voters in 2022, amended
>> the state constitution to bar lawmakers from reelection if they have
>> more than 10 unexcused absences.
>>
>> Last year?s boycott lasted six weeks ? the longest in state history ?
>> and paralyzed the legislative session, stalling hundreds of bills."
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/oregon-republican-walkout-reelection-
>> f1d270db9e9a72935c13b973d79a4bb7
>>
>>      Those dweebs thought they could beat the citizens by arguing about
>> semantics.
>
> Y'all should just have a ballot measure to ban Republicans from running
> for office. Once you get all Democrats in office, all your problems will
> get fixed in a statistically significant relatively short passage of time.
>
> But meanwhile, who signs absence excuse slips?

Mexico! HawHawHaw!

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Another example of Oregonian's using their rights to keep the politicians in line