From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: There's an app for that
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 11:34:44 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 19:34 UTC

Because, of course there's an app for that. Well,there wasn't an app
before. These people also have a website with the same information. The
homeless center downtown has an excellent booklet that they update
regularly. If they didn't have this information already, they do now. I
might have an old copy or two around the house somewhere. They have been
printing them for a long time and hand them out for free.

This is also further proof of what I've been saying about going for
the cheap solutions here. Our dumbass liberals just love spending other
people's money on drug addicts and people with "behavior problems". LOL

"Oregon Recovers' new app connects people to addiction recovery
resources"

"According to a recovery advocacy organization, Oregon Recovers, Oregon
has the second highest level of untreated addiction in the country but
ranks 50th in access to treatment. So Oregon Recovers is trying to
expand access to treatment by launching the app called ?Recovery Network
of Oregon.?"

https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-recovers-new-app-recovery-network-of-
oregon-connects-people-to-addiction-recovery-resources

https://recoverynetworkoforegon.org/

https://play.google.com/store/search?
q=recovery+network+of+oregon&c=apps&hl=en&gl=US

So, if anyone like to see the available options here, this is your
opportunity.

TB

Re: There's an app for that

<NqxvN.254148$Ama9.205265@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21887&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21887

Subject: Re: There's an app for that
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:33:49 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:33 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> Because, of course there's an app for that. Well,there wasn't an app
> before. These people also have a website with the same information. The
> homeless center downtown has an excellent booklet that they update
> regularly. If they didn't have this information already, they do now. I
> might have an old copy or two around the house somewhere. They have been
> printing them for a long time and hand them out for free.
>
> This is also further proof of what I've been saying about going for
> the cheap solutions here. Our dumbass liberals just love spending other
> people's money on drug addicts and people with "behavior problems". LOL
>
> "Oregon Recovers' new app connects people to addiction recovery
> resources"
>
> "According to a recovery advocacy organization, Oregon Recovers, Oregon
> has the second highest level of untreated addiction in the country but
> ranks 50th in access to treatment. So Oregon Recovers is trying to
> expand access to treatment by launching the app called ?Recovery Network
> of Oregon.?"
>
> https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-recovers-new-app-recovery-network-of-
> oregon-connects-people-to-addiction-recovery-resources
>
> https://recoverynetworkoforegon.org/
>
> https://play.google.com/store/search?
> q=recovery+network+of+oregon&c=apps&hl=en&gl=US
>
> So, if anyone like to see the available options here, this is your
> opportunity.

What percentage of the addicted have cellphones?

--
bill

Re: There's an app for that

<MPG.402856b2375855929896f2@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21889&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21889

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 13:58:04 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 21:58 UTC

In article <NqxvN.254148$Ama9.205265@fx12.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > Because, of course there's an app for that. Well,there wasn't an app
> > before. These people also have a website with the same information. The
> > homeless center downtown has an excellent booklet that they update
> > regularly. If they didn't have this information already, they do now. I
> > might have an old copy or two around the house somewhere. They have been
> > printing them for a long time and hand them out for free.
> >
> > This is also further proof of what I've been saying about going for
> > the cheap solutions here. Our dumbass liberals just love spending other
> > people's money on drug addicts and people with "behavior problems". LOL
> >
> > "Oregon Recovers' new app connects people to addiction recovery
> > resources"
> >
> > "According to a recovery advocacy organization, Oregon Recovers, Oregon
> > has the second highest level of untreated addiction in the country but
> > ranks 50th in access to treatment. So Oregon Recovers is trying to
> > expand access to treatment by launching the app called ?Recovery Network
> > of Oregon.?"
> >
> > https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-recovers-new-app-recovery-network-of-
> > oregon-connects-people-to-addiction-recovery-resources
> >
> > https://recoverynetworkoforegon.org/
> >
> > https://play.google.com/store/search?
> > q=recovery+network+of+oregon&c=apps&hl=en&gl=US
> >
> > So, if anyone like to see the available options here, this is your
> > opportunity.
>
> What percentage of the addicted have cellphones?

I have never checked, but it's likely that the majority of them do.
It used to be that just about all of them had a cellphone because you
needed it to stay in touch with your dealer. And many of them become
dealers who need to stay in touch with their customers. You probably
have to get to the real down and out to find people who don't have one,
or at least access to one. Renting out your cellphone is another way to
make a little money on the streets. It's common to see homeless people
charging their phones at available outlets downtown.

This reminds me of when I was surprised by a Mayan woman in
traditional clothing when she pulled out her flip phone. She was in a
public market in Mexico selling stuff they had smuggled in from
Guatamala. I quickly realized that I shouldn't have been surprised.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it's been a long time. These
days we have very rich homeless people. Some of them hold down real jobs
and don't use drugs. When I was a kid the homeless people wore ragged
clothes and were lucky to own a blanket. At night you would see them
lying on the sidewalks. Now, some of the don't even own the worn out RV
they're living in. They pay rent for a bed in an RV that might have been
towed to that spot.

TB

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / There's an app for that