From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Fentanyl is dominating headlines in TX
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 14:21:17 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 22:21 UTC

I love it. The dumbasses in TX are still fighting and losing the
"drug war".

"Fentanyl is dominating headlines, but there?s a more comprehensive drug
problem happening in Texas

Lawmakers are passing laws in an attempt to slow the rise in fentanyl
overdoses, but drug advocates warn the opioid is mostly a booster for
other illegal drugs."

BY STEPHEN SIMPSON
JUNE 19, 2023

"What can be done?
Lawmakers in Texas have recently tried to tackle the state?s overdose
problem by aggressively attacking fentanyl distribution and use by means
of enforcement and awareness.

Last week, Gov. Greg Abbott signed four bills to combat the growing
fentanyl crisis, including House Bill 6, which classifies overdoses from
the synthetic opioid as ?poisonings,? triggering murder charges for
those convicted of giving someone a fatal dose of the synthetic opioid.

?These four laws will forever change Texas through new protections that
will help save lives,? he said in a press release. ?In 2022, more than
2,000 people died from fentanyl in Texas ? more than five a day. It is
the No. 1 killer of Americans ages 18-45.?

Other measures signed by Abbott will establish a Fentanyl Poisoning
Awareness Month in October and require public schools to provide
students with staff to assist with fentanyl abuse prevention and drug
poisoning awareness. A fourth law will allow the distribution of Narcan
or other opioid antagonists to Texas colleges and universities."

"?Until we have policies that address the demand, we?re going to
continue to have a problem with drug use,? she said. ?Law enforcement
has always had problems with reducing the drug supply. We look back over
decades and it has never been effective at slowing down the supply.
Because there?s always a demand. It?s just simple economics.?"

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/06/19/texas-fentanyl-drugs/

These laws look pretty good, for making headlines and political
noise. Hey, on average, it only costs around $120/ day to lock someone
up in this country. Plus the cost of the police and the courts, and
treatment programs. And we already know what sort of fantastic results
we get from burning all that money.

TB

Re: Fentanyl is dominating headlines in TX

<uppa7f$3u5pn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21911&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21911

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Fentanyl is dominating headlines in TX
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:30:43 -0600
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 00:30 UTC

On 2/4/2024 4:21 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> I love it. The dumbasses in TX are still fighting and losing the
> "drug war".

The only dumbasses in Texas are the liberals in Austin.

> "Fentanyl is dominating headlines, but there?s a more comprehensive drug
> problem happening in Texas
>
> Lawmakers are passing laws in an attempt to slow the rise in fentanyl
> overdoses, but drug advocates warn the opioid is mostly a booster for
> other illegal drugs."
>
> BY STEPHEN SIMPSON
> JUNE 19, 2023
>
> "What can be done?
> Lawmakers in Texas have recently tried to tackle the state?s overdose
> problem by aggressively attacking fentanyl distribution and use by means
> of enforcement and awareness.
>
> Last week, Gov. Greg Abbott signed four bills to combat the growing
> fentanyl crisis, including House Bill 6, which classifies overdoses from
> the synthetic opioid as ?poisonings,? triggering murder charges for
> those convicted of giving someone a fatal dose of the synthetic opioid.
>
> ?These four laws will forever change Texas through new protections that
> will help save lives,? he said in a press release. ?In 2022, more than
> 2,000 people died from fentanyl in Texas ? more than five a day. It is
> the No. 1 killer of Americans ages 18-45.?
>
> Other measures signed by Abbott will establish a Fentanyl Poisoning
> Awareness Month in October and require public schools to provide
> students with staff to assist with fentanyl abuse prevention and drug
> poisoning awareness. A fourth law will allow the distribution of Narcan
> or other opioid antagonists to Texas colleges and universities."
>
> "?Until we have policies that address the demand, we?re going to
> continue to have a problem with drug use,? she said. ?Law enforcement
> has always had problems with reducing the drug supply. We look back over
> decades and it has never been effective at slowing down the supply.
> Because there?s always a demand. It?s just simple economics.?"
>
> https://www.texastribune.org/2023/06/19/texas-fentanyl-drugs/
>
> These laws look pretty good, for making headlines and political
> noise. Hey, on average, it only costs around $120/ day to lock someone
> up in this country. Plus the cost of the police and the courts, and
> treatment programs. And we already know what sort of fantastic results
> we get from burning all that money.
>
> TB

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Fentanyl is dominating headlines in TX