From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Hawaii Supreme Court Declares Second Amendment Infringes on the ?Spirit of Aloha?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 06:57:19 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:57 UTC

"Hawaii?s Supreme Court refused to follow U.S. Supreme Court precedent
on gun rights in an opinion released on Wednesday, declaring that ?the
spirit of Aloha clashes? with the Second Amendment, which guarantees
Americans an individual right to bear arms.

The declaration was made in a decision ruling that a man charged with
carrying a firearm without a permit in the state back in 2017 could
still be held criminally for that infraction despite a recent Supreme
Court decision, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen,
that ruled that New York?s concealed-carry application system was
unconstitutional.

Its decision was based on the Court?s interpretation of Article I,
Section 17 of Hawaii?s constitution, which ?mirrors the Second Amendment
of the United States Constitution.?

?We read those words differently than the current United States Supreme
Court. We hold that in Hawai?i there is no state constitutional right to
carry a firearm in public,? began the Court at the top of its opinion
before going on to assert that ?the spirit of Aloha clashes with a
federally-mandated lifestyle that lets citizens walk around with deadly
weapons during day-to-day activities.?"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/hawaii-supreme-court-declares-second-
amendment-infringes-on-the-spirit-of-aloha/

TB

Re: Hawaii Supreme Court Declares Second Amendment Infringes on the ?Spirit of Aloha?

<uq5kgo$2n68f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21968&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21968

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Hawaii Supreme Court Declares Second Amendment Infringes
on the ?Spirit of Aloha?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 16:39:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Xlfz4MpF986D1dTN/dH0n5XuQaQ=
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 16:39 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Hawaii?s Supreme Court refused to follow U.S. Supreme Court precedent
> on gun rights in an opinion released on Wednesday, declaring that ?the
> spirit of Aloha clashes? with the Second Amendment, which guarantees
> Americans an individual right to bear arms.
>
> The declaration was made in a decision ruling that a man charged with
> carrying a firearm without a permit in the state back in 2017 could
> still be held criminally for that infraction despite a recent Supreme
> Court decision, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen,
> that ruled that New York?s concealed-carry application system was
> unconstitutional.
>
> Its decision was based on the Court?s interpretation of Article I,
> Section 17 of Hawaii?s constitution, which ?mirrors the Second Amendment
> of the United States Constitution.?
>
> ?We read those words differently than the current United States Supreme
> Court. We hold that in Hawai?i there is no state constitutional right to
> carry a firearm in public,? began the Court at the top of its opinion
> before going on to assert that ?the spirit of Aloha clashes with a
> federally-mandated lifestyle that lets citizens walk around with deadly
> weapons during day-to-day activities.?"
>
> https://www.mediaite.com/news/hawaii-supreme-court-declares-second-
> amendment-infringes-on-the-spirit-of-aloha/
>
> TB

Ah, liberals. You can always count on them to ignore the Constitution. They
do’t need no steenkin’ Constitution.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

Re: Hawaii Supreme Court Declares Second Amendment Infringes on the ?Spirit of Aloha?

<YBicnTBHdIrIAFv4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21972&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21972

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 13:47:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Hawaii Supreme Court Declares Second Amendment Infringes on the
?Spirit of Aloha?
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 21:47 UTC

On 2/9/2024 6:57 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Hawaii?s Supreme Court refused to follow U.S. Supreme Court precedent
> on gun rights in an opinion released on Wednesday, declaring that ?the
> spirit of Aloha clashes? with the Second Amendment, which guarantees
> Americans an individual right to bear arms.
>
> The declaration was made in a decision ruling that a man charged with
> carrying a firearm without a permit in the state back in 2017 could
> still be held criminally for that infraction despite a recent Supreme
> Court decision, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen,
> that ruled that New York?s concealed-carry application system was
> unconstitutional.
>
> Its decision was based on the Court?s interpretation of Article I,
> Section 17 of Hawaii?s constitution, which ?mirrors the Second Amendment
> of the United States Constitution.?
>
> ?We read those words differently than the current United States Supreme
> Court. We hold that in Hawai?i there is no state constitutional right to
> carry a firearm in public,? began the Court at the top of its opinion
> before going on to assert that ?the spirit of Aloha clashes with a
> federally-mandated lifestyle that lets citizens walk around with deadly
> weapons during day-to-day activities.?"
>
> https://www.mediaite.com/news/hawaii-supreme-court-declares-second-
> amendment-infringes-on-the-spirit-of-aloha/
>
> TB

Like everything else, the retrumplicans only pay lip service to the
concept of state's rights.