From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Yet more hard times
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:14:40 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 18:14 UTC

"Optimism about the U.S. economy sends stocks to a new record"

"Stocks are on a record-setting run.

For the first time in history, the S&P 500, the broad-based U.S. index
of the largest and best-known companies in the world, is above 5,000.

The S&P 500 opened over the milestone mark at the opening bell on
Friday. This comes a day after it touched the level for a brief moment
before settling lower.

"Investors are feeling optimistic that we have sidestepped a
recession," says Sam Stovall, the chief investment strategist at the
financial research firm CFRA.

The latest economic data seem to indicate the Federal Reserve is getting
close to executing a so-called "soft landing" for the U.S. economy.
That's despite widespread fears of a recession last year, when the Fed
raised interest rates aggressively to fight high inflation.

The S&P 500 is up more than 5% so far this year, on the heels of a
strong year when the index gained 24%."

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/09/1230086474/stocks-sp-record-5000-wall-
street-new-high-economy

I miss the good ol' days, when our jive ass troll was ecstatic
about poor people getting free food.

TB

Re: Yet more hard times

<QhqdncExHfozBlv4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21970&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21970

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 13:40:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Yet more hard times
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 21:40 UTC

On 2/9/2024 10:14 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Optimism about the U.S. economy sends stocks to a new record"
>
> "Stocks are on a record-setting run.
>
> For the first time in history, the S&P 500, the broad-based U.S. index
> of the largest and best-known companies in the world, is above 5,000.
>
> The S&P 500 opened over the milestone mark at the opening bell on
> Friday. This comes a day after it touched the level for a brief moment
> before settling lower.
>
> "Investors are feeling optimistic that we have sidestepped a
> recession," says Sam Stovall, the chief investment strategist at the
> financial research firm CFRA.
>
> The latest economic data seem to indicate the Federal Reserve is getting
> close to executing a so-called "soft landing" for the U.S. economy.
> That's despite widespread fears of a recession last year, when the Fed
> raised interest rates aggressively to fight high inflation.
>
> The S&P 500 is up more than 5% so far this year, on the heels of a
> strong year when the index gained 24%."
>
> https://www.npr.org/2024/02/09/1230086474/stocks-sp-record-5000-wall-
> street-new-high-economy
>
> I miss the good ol' days, when our jive ass troll was ecstatic
> about poor people getting free food.
>
> TB

If the orange goon had his way that'd happen again.