Beggars should be no choosers. -- John Heywood

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

SubjectAuthor
* More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylTechnobarbarian
`* Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylGeorge.Anthony
 +* Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylbfh
 |`* Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylkmiller
 | `- Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylbfh
 `* Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylTechnobarbarian
  `* Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylbfh
   `- Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanylGeorge.Anthony

1
More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<MPG.403132a4c641d58d98970d@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21975&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21975

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 07:14:21 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:14 UTC

"More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
is tracking these deaths"

"The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.

Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.

The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.

?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
"Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"

https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
deaths

https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
trends/

TB

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<uq8i73$3ckbp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21982&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21982

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:18:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:dq/v3hTXeylr+hkx3D7LnLYGAAY=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:18 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

> "More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
> is tracking these deaths"
>
> "The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
> fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
> that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.
>
> Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
> Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
> Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.
>
> The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
> and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.
>
> ?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
> continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
> plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
> "Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
> our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
> website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"
>
> https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
> die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
> deaths
>
> https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
> trends/
>
> TB

What do you expect? That’s where this poison is coming into the country.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<z7SxN.356979$xHn7.42295@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21987&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21987

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 16:45:03 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:45 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> "More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
>> is tracking these deaths"
>>
>> "The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
>> fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
>> that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.
>>
>> Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
>> Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
>> Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.
>>
>> The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
>> and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.
>>
>> ?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
>> continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
>> plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
>> "Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
>> our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
>> website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"
>>
>> https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
>> die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
>> deaths
>>
>> https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
>> trends/
>>
>> TB
>>

> What do you expect? That’s where this poison is coming into the country.

You're obviously mistaken. Majerkus has assured us repeatedly that the
border is secure................but if it's not, it's Trump's fault.

--
bill

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<MPG.4031a45a69dc76ef989715@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21989&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21989

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:19:47 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:19 UTC

In article <uq8i73$3ckbp$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.net says...

> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > "More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
> > is tracking these deaths"
> >
> > "The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
> > fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
> > that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.
> >
> > Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
> > Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
> > Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.
> >
> > The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
> > and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.
> >
> > ?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
> > continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
> > plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
> > "Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
> > our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
> > website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"
> >
> > https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
> > die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
> > deaths
> >
> > https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
> > trends/
> >
> > TB
> >

> What do you expect? That?s where this poison is coming into the country.

For your sake, I hope ignorance really is bliss. You really have
not been paying attention. It no longer matters where you live. Pretty
much everywhere you go there's probably more than enough fentanyl on
hand to kill the entire local population. This shit is too easy to
mufacture and smuggle. We haven't managed to stop anything at the border
yet, despite headline grabbing seizures. There's even less chance of
stopping fentanyl at the border.

But, hey, Texas seems to be living in a dream state. It's like
going back to the 60s or the 80s. I thought those "this is your brain"
ads were the best advertising I saw for drugs anywhere. Just say no was
just plain boring. Now it's "One Pill Kills". The same old message in a
new wrapper, because, gee, it worked so well in the past.

https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/mental-health-substance-use/mental-
health-substance-use-resources/fentanyl-one-pill-kills

I love the Texas mother who thinks that the problem is that the kids
don't understand. You must have really dumb kids in TX. If any of them
are really that dumb the state of Texas will make sure they know all
about it. If the kids fail their lessons you can always make them
smarter by locking them up.

TB

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<0Zacnf18kvOErVX4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21991&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21991

Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:25:32 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:25 UTC

On 2/10/2024 1:45 PM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> "More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
>>> is tracking these deaths"
>>>
>>> "The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
>>> fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
>>> that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.
>>>
>>> Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
>>> Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
>>> Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.
>>>
>>> The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
>>> and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.
>>>
>>> ?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
>>> continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
>>> plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
>>> "Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
>>> our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
>>> website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"
>>>
>>> https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
>>> die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
>>> deaths
>>>
>>> https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
>>> trends/
>>>
>>> TB
>>>

>> What do you expect? That’s where this poison is coming into the
>> country.
>>
> You're obviously mistaken. Majerkus has assured us repeatedly that the
> border is secure................but if it's not, it's Trump's fault.

I would think, if it's his fault, the retrumplicans would impeach him.

HawHawHaw!

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<FqWxN.356985$xHn7.33019@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21992&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21992

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:38:28 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:38 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <uq8i73$3ckbp$1@dont-email.me>, ganthony@gmail.net says...
>>
>> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> "More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl. A new online dashboard
>>> is tracking these deaths"
>>>
>>> "The state of Texas unveiled an online tool this week that tracks
>>> fatalities due to poisoning from fentanyl, the deadly synthetic opioid
>>> that?s caused thousands of deaths in the state in the last few years.
>>>
>>> Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced the dashboard, operated by the
>>> Department of State Health Services, as part of his office?s ?One Pill
>>> Kills? awareness campaign on fentanyl.
>>>
>>> The dashboard includes overall statewide data on Fentanyl poising deaths
>>> and how those figures compare to all drug-related poisoning deaths.
>>>
>>> ?More than five Texans die every day from deadly fentanyl, and Texas
>>> continues to ramp up our efforts to combat the growing fentanyl crisis
>>> plaguing our state and the nation," said Abbott said in a statement.
>>> "Texans must come together to raise awareness of this deadly opioid to
>>> our family, friends, and communities, and the data published on this
>>> website will help Texans lead the fight against this deadly drug.?"
>>>
>>> https://www.tpr.org/bioscience-medicine/2023-07-15/more-than-5-texans-
>>> die-every-day-from-fentanyl-a-new-online-dashboard-is-tracking-these-
>>> deaths
>>>
>>> https://healthdata.dshs.texas.gov/dashboard/drugs-and-alcohol/fentanyl-
>>> trends/
>>>
>>> TB
>>>

>> What do you expect? That?s where this poison is coming into the country.
>
> For your sake, I hope ignorance really is bliss. You really have
> not been paying attention. It no longer matters where you live. Pretty
> much everywhere you go there's probably more than enough fentanyl on
> hand to kill the entire local population. This shit is too easy to
> mufacture and smuggle. We haven't managed to stop anything at the border
> yet, despite headline grabbing seizures. There's even less chance of
> stopping fentanyl at the border.
>
> But, hey, Texas seems to be living in a dream state. It's like
> going back to the 60s or the 80s. I thought those "this is your brain"
> ads were the best advertising I saw for drugs anywhere. Just say no was
> just plain boring. Now it's "One Pill Kills". The same old message in a
> new wrapper, because, gee, it worked so well in the past.
>
> https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/mental-health-substance-use/mental-
> health-substance-use-resources/fentanyl-one-pill-kills
>
> I love the Texas mother who thinks that the problem is that the kids
> don't understand. You must have really dumb kids in TX.

I allege that the problem is not because the kids - the Z's and many
millennials - are dumb, but because they're not nearly as smart as
they think they are. And I further allege that's worse and more
dangerous than just being dumb.

> If any of them
> are really that dumb the state of Texas will make sure they know all
> about it. If the kids fail their lessons you can always make them
> smarter by locking them up.

As long as they've got good teachers, have a healthy lunch, and wear
their masks.

--
bill

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<PuWxN.356986$xHn7.92832@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21993&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21993

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:42:55 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:42 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/10/2024 1:45 PM, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>>> What do you expect? That’s where this poison is coming into
>>> the country.
>>>
>> You're obviously mistaken. Majerkus has assured us repeatedly that
>> the border is secure................but if it's not, it's Trump's
>> fault.
>>

> I would think, if it's his fault, the retrumplicans would impeach him.
>
> HawHawHaw!

Wouldn't work. At the end of the day going forward, our spaghetti is
more inefficacious than yours.

--
bill

Re: More than 5 Texans die every day from fentanyl

<uqbb2m$146oq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=21999&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#21999

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:35:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:thk8LNT0uLAtyOhXgKoQhHy/J5U=
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:35 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> What do you expect? That?s where this poison is coming into the country.
>>
>> For your sake, I hope ignorance really is bliss. You really have
>> not been paying attention. It no longer matters where you live. Pretty
>> much everywhere you go there's probably more than enough fentanyl on
>> hand to kill the entire local population. This shit is too easy to
>> mufacture and smuggle. We haven't managed to stop anything at the border
>> yet, despite headline grabbing seizures. There's even less chance of
>> stopping fentanyl at the border.
>>
>> But, hey, Texas seems to be living in a dream state. It's like
>> going back to the 60s or the 80s. I thought those "this is your brain"
>> ads were the best advertising I saw for drugs anywhere. Just say no was
>> just plain boring. Now it's "One Pill Kills". The same old message in a
>> new wrapper, because, gee, it worked so well in the past.
>>
>> https://www.hhs.texas.gov/services/mental-health-substance-use/mental-
>> health-substance-use-resources/fentanyl-one-pill-kills
>>
>> I love the Texas mother who thinks that the problem is that the kids
>> don't understand. You must have really dumb kids in TX.
>
> I allege that the problem is not because the kids - the Z's and many
> millennials - are dumb, but because they're not nearly as smart as
> they think they are. And I further allege that's worse and more
> dangerous than just being dumb.

You know what’s worse than a know-it-all? A thinks he knows it all. I mean
look at our resident pervert as an excellent example.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.