From: janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Subject: [ndnh] Usage for various stuff found in the dungeon?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 05:14:35 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 03:14 UTC

I've found a couple things that I have no idea what to do with these.
For example these glyph tiles[*] things...

Tiles ('-')
an uncursed metallic slab bearing a cerulean glyph

2 uncursed ceramic shards bearing a crossed glyph
2 uncursed ceramic shards bearing a knotted glyph
an uncursed ceramic shard bearing a hanging glyph
2 uncursed ceramic shards bearing a multilinear glyph

Scrap ('_')
O - an uncursed shackles
P - 4 uncursed hellfire components
Q - 4 uncursed subethaic components
R - 66 uncursed clockwork components

Is there some (official or else) description or tutorial for that?

My race is also given a comment on startup that he can do something
with wardings, but I have no idea how these work, what they do, etc.
I may also have even items (a carved quarterstaff) that may support
wardings, but I'm also not sure about that.

Any hints are welcome.

Since I'm at it... - is there a point in having these weapons...

gigantic +5 envenomed acid-coated bone spikes

a two-headed +2 envenomed (2 coatings) silver viperwhip
a three-headed +0 poisoned (2 coatings) silver viperwhip

and what's the point of these weapons being two- vs. three-headed?

Generally; are these tons of weapon variants only for atmosphere?

BTW; is anyone aware that we have a serious environmental pollution
problem in the dungeons of some variants?
Also the subsurface overpopulation will evolve to a serious problem.

Janis

[*] BTW, it hasn't been a good idea to give the "tiles" object class
the letter '-', since in menus the key '-' is used to de-select all,
so you cannot use it in this case for object class selection.