From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: 3 alleged drug dealers busted near Portland Safeway
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 15:39:54 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:39 UTC

My first reaction to this headline was WTF? This is news? Well,
actually, it is.

"The three people were charged with the distribution of a controlled
substance and booked into Multnomah County Jail. The bike squad seized a
total of 115 grams of fentanyl and 13 grams of crystal meth.

When the bike squad originally began targeted operations to arrest drug
dealers over a year ago, most of the distribution was happening
blatantly in broad daylight.

?We don?t see the drug dealers during the day anymore, so we have to
change our tactics to night. Now they?re not carrying as many drugs with
them,? said Sgt. Jerry Cioeta, of the PPB bike squad. ?They?re
continually changing what they?re doing. They?re changing locations,
they?re changing how they?re doing their drug deals. So, when they
change, we change, too. So what we were doing 15 months ago is not what
we?re doing tonight.?"

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/3-alleged-drug-dealers-busted-near-
portland-safeway/

Last year I saw the blatant stuff, with a lot of drugs spread out on
the sidewalks. It looks like they are making progress toward getting the
addicts to keep it on the down low. Now it's just a game of whack-a-
mole. We should have some idea of how well it worked out by next summer,
but the real test is what happens in the coming years.

TB