From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Kelp beer?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:31:22 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:31 UTC

Yeah, I don't think so. I tend to agree with the Germans, who say
that beer only has 4 ingredients.

"Seaweed Beer
As the name suggests, this beer employs kelp or seaweed. Hailing from
Scotland, this type of beer is actually an homage today, made to mimic
what was coming out of the European country from up until roughly the
mid-19th century. Back then, Scottish brewers used barley grown on plots
to fertilize seaweed. The resulting beers would take on some briny,
vegetal notes. Kelpie is perhaps the most widely known, brewed by
Williams Brothers Brewing Company. Yet, with seaweed seeing a resurgence
in foods and other drinks like gin, we may see more local brewers ?
especially in coastal states ? trying their hand at the style."

https://www.themanual.com/fashion/weirdest-types-of-beer/

"Winter Waters was created when passionate seaweed advocates Alanna
Kieffer of Oregon Seaweed and Rachelle Hacmac of Blue Evolution teamed
up with Oregon Coast food systems value-chain coordinator Kristen
Penner. We decided it was time to bring a seaweed-centric seafood series
to the Portland and Oregon Coast area!

We are three women working hard to make regenerative seaweed and local
seafood a familiar and favorite food in our communities and help
everybody source locally. We are foodies, farmers, and fishermen, who
want to share the unbelievable work being done in our backyards with
you. There is so much to celebrate in our community, and why not
celebrate by supporting the regenerative efforts taking place. Join us
in celebrating, eating, and learning about regenerative seafood this new
year!"

https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/

https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/events

Somewhere in there they are helping people who are trying to
restore our kelp forests. This is probably a good thing.

https://kelpforestalliance.com/

TB

Re: Kelp beer?

<NLPyN.358388$xHn7.133167@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22022&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22022

Subject: Re: Kelp beer?
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:52:13 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:52 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> Yeah, I don't think so. I tend to agree with the Germans, who say
> that beer only has 4 ingredients.
>
> "Seaweed Beer
> As the name suggests, this beer employs kelp or seaweed. Hailing from
> Scotland, this type of beer is actually an homage today, made to mimic
> what was coming out of the European country from up until roughly the
> mid-19th century. Back then, Scottish brewers used barley grown on plots
> to fertilize seaweed. The resulting beers would take on some briny,
> vegetal notes. Kelpie is perhaps the most widely known, brewed by
> Williams Brothers Brewing Company. Yet, with seaweed seeing a resurgence
> in foods and other drinks like gin, we may see more local brewers ?
> especially in coastal states ? trying their hand at the style."
>
> https://www.themanual.com/fashion/weirdest-types-of-beer/
>
> "Winter Waters was created when passionate seaweed advocates Alanna
> Kieffer of Oregon Seaweed and Rachelle Hacmac of Blue Evolution teamed
> up with Oregon Coast food systems value-chain coordinator Kristen
> Penner. We decided it was time to bring a seaweed-centric seafood series
> to the Portland and Oregon Coast area!
>
> We are three women working hard to make regenerative seaweed and local
> seafood a familiar and favorite food in our communities and help
> everybody source locally. We are foodies, farmers, and fishermen, who
> want to share the unbelievable work being done in our backyards with
> you. There is so much to celebrate in our community, and why not
> celebrate by supporting the regenerative efforts taking place. Join us
> in celebrating, eating, and learning about regenerative seafood this new
> year!"
>
> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/
>
> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/events
>
> Somewhere in there they are helping people who are trying to
> restore our kelp forests. This is probably a good thing.
>
> https://kelpforestalliance.com/

Kelp? Welp. However comma if I spy it, I'll buy it and try it.

--
bill

Re: Kelp beer?

<xWqdnf-wgO7sulH4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22026&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22026

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:37:40 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 02:37 UTC

On 2/13/2024 11:52 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>

>>       Yeah, I don't think so. I tend to agree with the Germans, who say
>> that beer only has 4 ingredients.
>>
>> "Seaweed Beer
>> As the name suggests, this beer employs kelp or seaweed. Hailing from
>> Scotland, this type of beer is actually an homage today, made to mimic
>> what was coming out of the European country from up until roughly the
>> mid-19th century. Back then, Scottish brewers used barley grown on plots
>> to fertilize seaweed. The resulting beers would take on some briny,
>> vegetal notes. Kelpie is perhaps the most widely known, brewed by
>> Williams Brothers Brewing Company. Yet, with seaweed seeing a resurgence
>> in foods and other drinks like gin, we may see more local brewers ?
>> especially in coastal states ? trying their hand at the style."
>>
>> https://www.themanual.com/fashion/weirdest-types-of-beer/
>>
>> "Winter Waters was created when passionate seaweed advocates Alanna
>> Kieffer of Oregon Seaweed and Rachelle Hacmac of Blue Evolution teamed
>> up with Oregon Coast food systems value-chain coordinator Kristen
>> Penner. We decided it was time to bring a seaweed-centric seafood series
>> to the Portland and Oregon Coast area!
>>
>> We are three women working hard to make regenerative seaweed and local
>> seafood a familiar and favorite food in our communities and help
>> everybody source locally. We are foodies, farmers, and fishermen, who
>> want to share the unbelievable work being done in our backyards with
>> you. There is so much to celebrate in our community, and why not
>> celebrate by supporting the regenerative efforts taking place. Join us
>> in celebrating, eating, and learning about regenerative seafood this new
>> year!"
>>
>> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/
>>
>> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/events
>>
>>       Somewhere in there they are helping people who are trying to
>> restore our kelp forests. This is probably a good thing.
>>
>> https://kelpforestalliance.com/
>
> Kelp? Welp. However comma if I spy it, I'll buy it and try it.

I allege you'll wish you'd stuck with Bud Light.

Re: Kelp beer?

<M8WyN.323450$Wp_8.281640@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22027&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22027

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:08:27 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 03:08 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/13/2024 11:52 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>>       Yeah, I don't think so. I tend to agree with the
>>> Germans, who say
>>> that beer only has 4 ingredients.
>>>
>>> "Seaweed Beer
>>> As the name suggests, this beer employs kelp or seaweed. Hailing from
>>> Scotland, this type of beer is actually an homage today, made to mimic
>>> what was coming out of the European country from up until roughly the
>>> mid-19th century. Back then, Scottish brewers used barley grown on
>>> plots
>>> to fertilize seaweed. The resulting beers would take on some briny,
>>> vegetal notes. Kelpie is perhaps the most widely known, brewed by
>>> Williams Brothers Brewing Company. Yet, with seaweed seeing a
>>> resurgence
>>> in foods and other drinks like gin, we may see more local brewers ?
>>> especially in coastal states ? trying their hand at the style."
>>>
>>> https://www.themanual.com/fashion/weirdest-types-of-beer/
>>>
>>> "Winter Waters was created when passionate seaweed advocates Alanna
>>> Kieffer of Oregon Seaweed and Rachelle Hacmac of Blue Evolution teamed
>>> up with Oregon Coast food systems value-chain coordinator Kristen
>>> Penner. We decided it was time to bring a seaweed-centric seafood
>>> series
>>> to the Portland and Oregon Coast area!
>>>
>>> We are three women working hard to make regenerative seaweed and local
>>> seafood a familiar and favorite food in our communities and help
>>> everybody source locally. We are foodies, farmers, and fishermen, who
>>> want to share the unbelievable work being done in our backyards with
>>> you. There is so much to celebrate in our community, and why not
>>> celebrate by supporting the regenerative efforts taking place. Join us
>>> in celebrating, eating, and learning about regenerative seafood
>>> this new
>>> year!"
>>>
>>> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/
>>>
>>> https://www.winterwaterspnw.com/events
>>>
>>>       Somewhere in there they are helping people who are
>>> trying to
>>> restore our kelp forests. This is probably a good thing.
>>>
>>> https://kelpforestalliance.com/
>>
>> Kelp? Welp. However comma if I spy it, I'll buy it and try it.
>>

> I allege you'll wish you'd stuck with Bud Light.

I get that out of my deep well. I even shower with it.

--
bill

Re: Kelp beer?

<7Jqcnc5nCLI2rlH4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22028&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22028

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:29:50 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 03:29 UTC

On 2/13/2024 7:08 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Kelp? Welp. However comma if I spy it, I'll buy it and try it.
>>>

>> I allege you'll wish you'd stuck with Bud Light.
>
> I get that out of my deep well. I even shower with it.

I doubt that showering with it changes the taste any.

Re: Kelp beer?

<zMXyN.323452$Wp_8.294858@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22029&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22029

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:59:11 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 04:59 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/13/2024 7:08 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> I allege you'll wish you'd stuck with Bud Light.
>>
>> I get that out of my deep well. I even shower with it.
>>

> I doubt that showering with it changes the taste any.

I can't say one way or the other. I haven't tasted the drain water.

--
bill

Re: Kelp beer?

<uqimg4$2mueu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22030&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22030

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:33:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jmlBLA35dkva/RnP6VBfZ31Kd3E=
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:33 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Kelp? Welp. However comma if I spy it, I'll buy it and try it.
>>>

>> I allege you'll wish you'd stuck with Bud Light.
>
> I get that out of my deep well. I even shower with it.

So it goes down the drain. That’s about all it’s good for.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.