From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Bud Light Boycott?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:43:36 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:43 UTC

LOL, Follow the money.

"Trump defends Bud Light ahead of fundraiser hosted by Anheuser-Busch
lobbyist

By Joseph Konig Nationwide

PUBLISHED 3:11 PM ET Feb. 07, 2024

On Tuesday, former President Donald Trump offered a defense of the
world?s largest beer company after nearly a year of right-wing ire
towards Anheuser-Busch InBev for a social media promotion involving its
Bud Light brand and a transgender influencer.

The offer of a ?Second Chance? from the frontrunner for the Republican
nomination came as a major fundraiser for Trump?s campaign is set to be
hosted by one of the beer company?s top lobbyists next month.

A major fundraiser for Trump?s campaign is set to be hosted by one of
the beer company?s top lobbyists next month. And Trump owns millions in
stock

Trump?s call for conservatives to forgive Anheuser-Busch comes after a
monthslong campaign to discredit the brand for partnering with social
media influencer Dylan Mulvaney

As of August, Trump also owned between $1 million to $5 million dollars
in Anheuser Busch stock, according to financial disclosures he signed
and submitted to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.

?The Bud Light ad was a mistake of epic proportions, and for that a very
big price was paid,? Trump wrote on his social media platform. ?On the
other hand, Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT
Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and
is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides
Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women. They?ve raised
over $30,000,000 and given 44,000 Scholarships.?

Those numbers Trump offered are frequently featured in Anheuser-Busch
promotional material and repeated by their defenders in public. UFC CEO
Dana White cited almost identical data points in an October interview on
Fox News as he announced a partnership deal. Ray McCarty, the president
of Associated Industries of Missouri used the same statistics about
their veterans programs in an August op-ed praising the company.

?Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second
Chance? What do you think?? Trump added on Tuesday.

On March 6, Donald Trump Jr. will be in Washington for a campaign
fundraiser with lobbyist Jeff Miller, whose firm has collected $820,000
from Anheuser-Busch since 2020, including $270,000 last year, lobbying
disclosures show. The fundraiser, hosted by Miller, is charging as much
as $10,000 a person and will fuel cash to Trump?s joint fundraising
committee."
[snip]

I love the way retrumplicans are opposed to "cancel culture", until
they aren't. I think there's a word for that? Maybe our jive ass troll
can tell us what it is? lol

TB

Re: Bud Light Boycott?

<3VPyN.358390$xHn7.300514@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22023&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22023

Subject: Re: Bud Light Boycott?
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:02:07 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:02 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> LOL, Follow the money.
>
> "Trump defends Bud Light ahead of fundraiser hosted by Anheuser-Busch
> lobbyist
>
> By Joseph Konig Nationwide
>
> PUBLISHED 3:11 PM ET Feb. 07, 2024
>
> On Tuesday, former President Donald Trump offered a defense of the
> world?s largest beer company after nearly a year of right-wing ire
> towards Anheuser-Busch InBev for a social media promotion involving its
> Bud Light brand and a transgender influencer.
>
> The offer of a ?Second Chance? from the frontrunner for the Republican
> nomination came as a major fundraiser for Trump?s campaign is set to be
> hosted by one of the beer company?s top lobbyists next month.
>
> A major fundraiser for Trump?s campaign is set to be hosted by one of
> the beer company?s top lobbyists next month. And Trump owns millions in
> stock
>
> Trump?s call for conservatives to forgive Anheuser-Busch comes after a
> monthslong campaign to discredit the brand for partnering with social
> media influencer Dylan Mulvaney
>
> As of August, Trump also owned between $1 million to $5 million dollars
> in Anheuser Busch stock, according to financial disclosures he signed
> and submitted to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.
>
> ?The Bud Light ad was a mistake of epic proportions, and for that a very
> big price was paid,? Trump wrote on his social media platform. ?On the
> other hand, Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT
> Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and
> is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides
> Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women. They?ve raised
> over $30,000,000 and given 44,000 Scholarships.?
>
> Those numbers Trump offered are frequently featured in Anheuser-Busch
> promotional material and repeated by their defenders in public. UFC CEO
> Dana White cited almost identical data points in an October interview on
> Fox News as he announced a partnership deal. Ray McCarty, the president
> of Associated Industries of Missouri used the same statistics about
> their veterans programs in an August op-ed praising the company.
>
> ?Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second
> Chance? What do you think?? Trump added on Tuesday.
>
> On March 6, Donald Trump Jr. will be in Washington for a campaign
> fundraiser with lobbyist Jeff Miller, whose firm has collected $820,000
> from Anheuser-Busch since 2020, including $270,000 last year, lobbying
> disclosures show. The fundraiser, hosted by Miller, is charging as much
> as $10,000 a person and will fuel cash to Trump?s joint fundraising
> committee."
> [snip]
>
> I love the way retrumplicans are opposed to "cancel culture", until
> they aren't. I think there's a word for that? Maybe our jive ass troll
> can tell us what it is? lol

Hey. I allege that Trump's just trying to find out if he can be a
social media beer influencer. I further allege that he might even buy
a donkey and name it Clyde.

--
bill