From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: 16 ways technology has ruined my life
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 16:02:31 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 00:02 UTC

"No focus, no fights, and a bad back ? 16 ways technology has ruined my
life
While some technological advances are nothing short of miraculous, there
are plenty of downsides, too ?

by Tim Dowling"

"7. It?s given me unfiltered access to the opinions of stupid people
Technology doesn?t just make it possible for me to find out what stupid
people are thinking; it now curates their thoughts and serves them up to
me daily, as if I were some kind of connoisseur of idiocy. I honestly do
not remember asking for this.

8. It?s given stupid people unfiltered access to each other?s opinions
Once upon a time, the so-called gatekeepers of traditional media
restricted the flow of information through narrow, one-way channels. Now
stupid people have their own media, where they are free to discuss and
mutually reaffirm their dumb ideas. Sadly, this has not been the
unmitigated force for good we hoped it would be."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/feb/17/no-focus-no-fights-
and-a-bad-back-16-ways-technology-has-ruined-my-life-tim-dowling

TB