From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Texas secessionists are becoming more fervent than ever
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 07:23:46 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:23 UTC

"Texas secessionists are becoming more fervent than ever. But experts
say it would mess up its thriving economy."

"A movement calling for Texas to leave the US and become its own country
is growing louder.

Daniel Miller, a sixth-generation Texan, is the de facto face of the
modern Texas Nationalist Movement, nicknamed "Texit." He advocates for
secession through peaceful means, citing frustration with the federal
government and a desire for greater autonomy.

"Texans are seeing themselves increasingly disenfranchised by a federal
system that is just terminally broken," Miller told Business Insider.

"At the end of the day, Texans are fiercely independent, and frankly,
they're sick and tired of being crushed."

But critics of the movement have said this would be illegal,
unconstitutional, impossible, and, as some point out, very expensive."
[snip]

https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-secession-movement-rising-experts-
say-would-harm-great-economy-2024-2

TB

Re: Texas secessionists are becoming more fervent than ever

<urfnr5$1u7nj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22147&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22147

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:54:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vgHI5EJ2rK8h1rHXhKpjqmC/gio=
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:54 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Texas secessionists are becoming more fervent than ever. But experts
> say it would mess up its thriving economy."
>
> "A movement calling for Texas to leave the US and become its own country
> is growing louder.
>
> Daniel Miller, a sixth-generation Texan, is the de facto face of the
> modern Texas Nationalist Movement, nicknamed "Texit." He advocates for
> secession through peaceful means, citing frustration with the federal
> government and a desire for greater autonomy.
>
> "Texans are seeing themselves increasingly disenfranchised by a federal
> system that is just terminally broken," Miller told Business Insider.
>
> "At the end of the day, Texans are fiercely independent, and frankly,
> they're sick and tired of being crushed."
>
> But critics of the movement have said this would be illegal,
> unconstitutional, impossible, and, as some point out, very expensive."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-secession-movement-rising-experts-
> say-would-harm-great-economy-2024-2
>
> TB

I would rather see east and west costal states secede. They are nothing
more than a drain on our tax base, not to mention morality. That wouldn’t
work either since they would beg for federal money to help them close the
deal.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.