A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Sanctuary cities

SubjectAuthor
* Sanctuary citiesbfh
`* Re: Sanctuary citieskmiller
 `* Re: Sanctuary citiesbfh
  `* Re: Sanctuary citieskmiller
   `* Re: Sanctuary citiesbfh
    `* Re: Sanctuary citieskmiller
     `* Re: Sanctuary citiesbfh
      `- Re: Sanctuary citieskmiller

1
Sanctuary cities

<94BDN.2223$zF_1.40@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22165&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22165

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Sanctuary cities
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 02:15:17 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 07:15 UTC

Well, hell. I'm sorta surprised that we didn't already have this.
Petrea, would build upon that restriction by imposing penalties on
sheriffs and jailers who do not cooperate with federal immigration
agents when someone in custody is not a U.S. citizen.

Officers are supposed to communicate with the U.S. Immigration and
Customs Enforcement agency when someone who has been sent to jail is
found to have entered the country illegally and hold them if
enforcement officials send a warrant.

But some cities, such as Athens-Clarke County, limit their
coordination and refuse to keep people in jail after completing their
sentences to make it harder for federal authorities to deport them...

And as usual, you've got to kick dumbasses in the nuts to get their
brains started.
Petrea, who represents Savannah, filed the bill in January, but it has
gained momentum following the death of nursing student Laken Riley,
who was found unconscious Thursday on a trail on the University of
Georgia’s campus hours after she went for a run. The suspect charged
in her death, Jose Antonio Ibarra, lives in Athens but is not a U.S.
citizen. Authorities say he entered the U.S. illegally in 2022 and was
previously arrested in New York...
https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-house-panel-advances-bill-aimed-at-sanctuary-cities/WQXKWNNWCNBH7MKEL7WHIHZKHU/

--
bill

Re: Sanctuary cities

<jMCdnZnpOqS6wEL4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22166&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22166

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:19:53 -0800
Subject: Re: Sanctuary cities
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:19 UTC

On 2/27/2024 11:15 PM, bfh wrote:
> Well, hell. I'm sorta surprised that we didn't already have this.
> Petrea, would build upon that restriction by imposing penalties on
> sheriffs and jailers who do not cooperate with federal immigration
> agents when someone in custody is not a U.S. citizen.
>
> Officers are supposed to communicate with the U.S. Immigration and
> Customs Enforcement agency when someone who has been sent to jail is
> found to have entered the country illegally and hold them if enforcement
> officials send a warrant.
>
> But some cities, such as Athens-Clarke County, limit their coordination
> and refuse to keep people in jail after completing their sentences to
> make it harder for federal authorities to deport them...
>
> And as usual, you've got to kick dumbasses in the nuts to get their
> brains started.
> Petrea, who represents Savannah, filed the bill in January, but it has
> gained momentum following the death of nursing student Laken Riley, who
> was found unconscious Thursday on a trail on the University of Georgia’s
> campus hours after she went for a run. The suspect charged in her death,
> Jose Antonio Ibarra, lives in Athens but is not a U.S. citizen.
> Authorities say he entered the U.S. illegally in 2022 and was previously
> arrested in New York...
> https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-house-panel-advances-bill-aimed-at-sanctuary-cities/WQXKWNNWCNBH7MKEL7WHIHZKHU/

Tens of thousands of people killed by guns but GA wants a law to ban
killing by immigrant. HawHawHaw!

Re: Sanctuary cities

<ZnKDN.6257$hN14.2891@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22167&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22167

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:50:49 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:50 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/27/2024 11:15 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Well, hell. I'm sorta surprised that we didn't already have this.
>> Petrea, would build upon that restriction by imposing penalties on
>> sheriffs and jailers who do not cooperate with federal immigration
>> agents when someone in custody is not a U.S. citizen.
>>
>> Officers are supposed to communicate with the U.S. Immigration and
>> Customs Enforcement agency when someone who has been sent to jail is
>> found to have entered the country illegally and hold them if
>> enforcement officials send a warrant.
>>
>> But some cities, such as Athens-Clarke County, limit their
>> coordination and refuse to keep people in jail after completing
>> their sentences to make it harder for federal authorities to deport
>> them...
>>
>> And as usual, you've got to kick dumbasses in the nuts to get their
>> brains started.
>> Petrea, who represents Savannah, filed the bill in January, but it
>> has gained momentum following the death of nursing student Laken
>> Riley, who was found unconscious Thursday on a trail on the
>> University of Georgia’s campus hours after she went for a run. The
>> suspect charged in her death, Jose Antonio Ibarra, lives in Athens
>> but is not a U.S. citizen. Authorities say he entered the U.S.
>> illegally in 2022 and was previously arrested in New York...
>> https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-house-panel-advances-bill-aimed-at-sanctuary-cities/WQXKWNNWCNBH7MKEL7WHIHZKHU/
>>

> Tens of thousands of people killed by guns but GA wants a law to ban
> killing by immigrant. HawHawHaw!

What do you think should be done about all those autonomous guns?

--
bill

Re: Sanctuary cities

<jMCdnZjpOqT550L4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22168&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22168

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:24:38 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:24 UTC

On 2/28/2024 9:50 AM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:
>> On 2/27/2024 11:15 PM, bfh wrote:
>>> Well, hell. I'm sorta surprised that we didn't already have this.
>>> Petrea, would build upon that restriction by imposing penalties on
>>> sheriffs and jailers who do not cooperate with federal immigration
>>> agents when someone in custody is not a U.S. citizen.
>>>
>>> Officers are supposed to communicate with the U.S. Immigration and
>>> Customs Enforcement agency when someone who has been sent to jail is
>>> found to have entered the country illegally and hold them if
>>> enforcement officials send a warrant.
>>>
>>> But some cities, such as Athens-Clarke County, limit their
>>> coordination and refuse to keep people in jail after completing their
>>> sentences to make it harder for federal authorities to deport them...
>>>
>>> And as usual, you've got to kick dumbasses in the nuts to get their
>>> brains started.
>>> Petrea, who represents Savannah, filed the bill in January, but it
>>> has gained momentum following the death of nursing student Laken
>>> Riley, who was found unconscious Thursday on a trail on the
>>> University of Georgia’s campus hours after she went for a run. The
>>> suspect charged in her death, Jose Antonio Ibarra, lives in Athens
>>> but is not a U.S. citizen. Authorities say he entered the U.S.
>>> illegally in 2022 and was previously arrested in New York...
>>> https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-house-panel-advances-bill-aimed-at-sanctuary-cities/WQXKWNNWCNBH7MKEL7WHIHZKHU/
>>>

>> Tens of thousands of people killed by guns but GA wants a law to ban
>> killing by immigrant. HawHawHaw!
>
> What do you think should be done about all those autonomous guns?

The same thing you think should be done with all those autonomous
immigrants.

Re: Sanctuary cities

<JeNDN.7447$hN14.4635@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22169&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22169

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:05:44 -0500
 by: bfh - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:05 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/28/2024 9:50 AM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> Tens of thousands of people killed by guns but GA wants a law to
>>> ban killing by immigrant. HawHawHaw!
>>
>> What do you think should be done about all those autonomous guns?
>>

> The same thing you think should be done with all those autonomous
> immigrants.

You admit that you think those tens of thousands of guns are autonomous?

--
bill

Re: Sanctuary cities

<P4CdnaCKMMW5Kn34nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22173&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22173

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:56:06 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:56 UTC

On 2/28/2024 1:05 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> What do you think should be done about all those autonomous guns?
>>>

>> The same thing you think should be done with all those autonomous
>> immigrants.
>
> You admit that you think those tens of thousands of guns are autonomous?

You admit that "we have to do something!" about immigrant murderers?

Re: Sanctuary cities

<_X2EN.441763$c3Ea.180615@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22174&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22174

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:14:33 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:14 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/28/2024 1:05 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> The same thing you think should be done with all those autonomous
>>> immigrants.
>>
>> You admit that you think those tens of thousands of guns are
>> autonomous?
>>

> You admit that "we have to do something!" about immigrant murderers?

I don't know whether to sigh or HawHawHaw.

--
bill

Re: Sanctuary cities

<P4CdnaOKMMUXmHz4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22178&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22178

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 14:30:37 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:30 UTC

On 2/29/2024 9:14 AM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> You admit that you think those tens of thousands of guns are autonomous?
>>>

>> You admit that "we have to do something!" about immigrant murderers?
>
> I don't know whether to sigh or HawHawHaw.

Nothing against doing both - as any non-goonite would know.