Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. -- Aleister Crowley

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

SubjectAuthor
* In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAFrank Howell
+* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAbfh
|`* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAFrank Howell
| `- Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAbfh
`* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WATechnobarbarian
 +- Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAbfh
 `* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAFrank Howell
  +* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAbfh
  |`* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAFrank Howell
  | `- Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WAbfh
  `* Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WATechnobarbarian
   `- Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WATechnobarbarian

1
In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22200&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22200

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 17:37:45 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 01:37 UTC

So newest In N OUT will be in Ridgefield WA 23 miles north of Portland.

Wonder why? Maybe Portland's chickens are coming home to shit.

--
Frank Howell

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<AGwEN.32038$hN14.20834@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22207&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22207

Subject: Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:04:00 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 03:04 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> So newest In N OUT will be in Ridgefield WA 23 miles north of Portland.
>
> Wonder why? Maybe Portland's chickens are coming home to shit.

I don't why they'd care. In-N-Out doesn't have chicken.

--
bill

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<88274a9a-8efc-38ba-4cc6-87c32f415e4a@usermail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22218&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22218

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 20:59:51 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 04:59 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> So newest In N OUT will be in Ridgefield WA 23 miles north of Portland.
>>
>> Wonder why? Maybe Portland's chickens are coming home to shit.
>>
> I don't why they'd care. In-N-Out doesn't have chicken.

I agree, but Portland does have shitting chickens.

--
Frank Howell

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<muVEN.165139$taff.107964@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22219&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22219

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 02:17:38 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 07:17 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:
>>> So newest In N OUT will be in Ridgefield WA 23 miles north of
>>> Portland.
>>>
>>> Wonder why? Maybe Portland's chickens are coming home to shit.
>>>
>> I don't why they'd care. In-N-Out doesn't have chicken.
>>
> I agree, but Portland does have shitting chickens.

Anyplace with chickens has shitting chickens. My in-laws had chickens,
and I allege that each one of them was a shitting chicken. It's the
nature of a chicken to shit, you know? So, look, if Portland has
shitting chickens, it's Portland's fault for having chickens.

--
bill

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<MPG.404e5d85b632c194989751@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22222&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22222

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 10:12:55 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:12 UTC

In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
says...
> Ridgefield WA

It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.

When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand what
all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I think
5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't dine
there frequently.

TB

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<vr3FN.343270$yEgf.15941@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22225&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22225

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 13:37:15 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:37 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
> says...
>> Ridgefield WA
>>

> It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
> saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
> tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
> get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
> drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
> as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.
>
> When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
> lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand what
> all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I think
> 5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
> anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't dine
> there frequently.

Well, hell. I manufacture my own bugers......on 2 assembly lines in
one building.

--
bill

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<61b9d6e2-5d1c-cabf-0aaf-8df34c8f022a@usermail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22227&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22227

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 10:54:51 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:54 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
> says...
>> Ridgefield WA
>>

> It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
> saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
> tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
> get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
> drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
> as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.
>
> When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
> lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand what
> all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I think
> 5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
> anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't dine
> there frequently.
>
> TB

I think the real reason they avoided Portland, is with a population of
600 hundred thousand, a single in n out would cause madness as Portland
has a very dense population and the city would be paralyzed with traffic
trying to get to that single in n out.
I watched this play out with the opening of the Keizer n in out a couple
of years ago and long lines for many months. We went to the Keizer 'rant
2 years ago and there were still long lines!

I lived in Salem for 20 years and since I used fast food for many of our
meals, I know fast food and attendance of these 'rants and 5 guys never
had a line of cars or even a line at the door. I have eaten there and
found the food good but not on par with n in out.
In Keizer you had a direct line of sight of McDonald's from the n in out
and there was an empty parking lot most of the time.

--
Frank Howell

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<n64FN.343606$yEgf.333639@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22229&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22229

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 14:22:59 -0500
 by: bfh - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 19:22 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
>> says...
>>> Ridgefield WA
>>>

>>      It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
>> saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
>> tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
>> get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
>> drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
>> as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.
>>
>>       When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
>> lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand
>> what
>> all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I
>> think
>> 5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
>> anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't
>> dine
>> there frequently.
>>
>> TB
>>
> I think the real reason they avoided Portland, is with a population of
> 600 hundred thousand, a single in n out would cause madness as
> Portland has a very dense population and the city would be paralyzed
> with traffic trying to get to that single in n out.

Look, they should just, like, build more, and hire the unhomed to work
in 'em? That would be some good messaging? And if they built, like,
you know, a little bunkhouse with an allgender bathroom near the
store, it might even get a statistically significant portion of the
home-disadvantaged people off the sidewalks, and make the messaging
even more efficacious, you know?

> I watched this play out with the opening of the Keizer n in out a
> couple of years ago and long lines for many months. We went to the
> Keizer 'rant 2 years ago and there were still long lines!
>
> I lived in Salem for 20 years and since I used fast food for many of
> our meals, I know fast food and attendance of these 'rants and 5 guys
> never had a line of cars or even a line at the door. I have eaten
> there and found the food good but not on par with n in out.
> In Keizer you had a direct line of sight of McDonald's from the n in
> out and there was an empty parking lot most of the time.

--
bill

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<6e244b1a-36b4-e3f4-d052-e91680f14a27@usermail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22234&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22234

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 17:46:37 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 01:46 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
>>> says...
>>>>

>>>      It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
>>> saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
>>> tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
>>> get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
>>> drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
>>> as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.
>>>
>>>       When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
>>> lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand what
>>> all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I think
>>> 5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
>>> anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't dine
>>> there frequently.
>>>
>>> TB
>>>
>> I think the real reason they avoided Portland, is with a population of
>> 600 hundred thousand, a single in n out would cause madness as
>> Portland has a very dense population and the city would be paralyzed
>> with traffic trying to get to that single in n out.
>
> Look, they should just, like, build more, and hire the unhomed to work
> in 'em? That would be some good messaging? And if they built, like, you
> know, a little bunkhouse with an allgender bathroom near the store, it
> might even get a statistically significant portion of the
> home-disadvantaged people off the sidewalks, and make the messaging even
> more efficacious, you know?

No I don't know, but since you know, give 'em a call I"m sure they are
waiting for your sage advice. Although I think they're conservative
Christians so for them you need unsage.

>> I watched this play out with the opening of the Keizer n in out a
>> couple of years ago and long lines for many months. We went to the
>> Keizer 'rant 2 years ago and there were still long lines!
>>
>> I lived in Salem for 20 years and since I used fast food for many of
>> our meals, I know fast food and attendance of these 'rants and 5 guys
>> never had a line of cars or even a line at the door. I have eaten
>> there and found the food good but not on par with n in out.
>> In Keizer you had a direct line of sight of McDonald's from the n in
>> out and there was an empty parking lot most of the time.

--
Frank Howell

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<mV9FN.343612$yEgf.118022@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22235&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22235

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 20:58:41 -0500
 by: bfh - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 01:58 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:

>>> I think the real reason they avoided Portland, is with a population
>>> of 600 hundred thousand, a single in n out would cause madness as
>>> Portland has a very dense population and the city would be
>>> paralyzed with traffic trying to get to that single in n out.
>>
>> Look, they should just, like, build more, and hire the unhomed to
>> work in 'em? That would be some good messaging? And if they built,
>> like, you know, a little bunkhouse with an allgender bathroom near
>> the store, it might even get a statistically significant portion of
>> the home-disadvantaged people off the sidewalks, and make the
>> messaging even more efficacious, you know?
>
> No I don't know, but since you know, give 'em a call I"m sure they are
> waiting for your sage advice. Although I think they're conservative
> Christians so for them you need unsage.

Hey. I asked questions, not offer solutions. I'm not paid to find
solutions - particularly not out there in dumbassland.

>>> I watched this play out with the opening of the Keizer n in out a
>>> couple of years ago and long lines for many months. We went to the
>>> Keizer 'rant 2 years ago and there were still long lines!
>>>
>>> I lived in Salem for 20 years and since I used fast food for many
>>> of our meals, I know fast food and attendance of these 'rants and 5
>>> guys never had a line of cars or even a line at the door. I have
>>> eaten there and found the food good but not on par with n in out.
>>> In Keizer you had a direct line of sight of McDonald's from the n
>>> in out and there was an empty parking lot most of the time.

--
bill

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<MPG.404f861ac2945ba4989755@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22241&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22241

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 07:18:19 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:18 UTC

In article <61b9d6e2-5d1c-cabf-0aaf-8df34c8f022a@usermail.com>,
fphowell@usermail.com says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > In article <BpvEN.650101$p%Mb.374489@fx15.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
> > says...
> >> Ridgefield WA
> >>

> > It could be that In N Out prefers smaller towns that aren't as
> > saturated with buger joints and other great food choices. Ridgefield is
> > tiny. If you want an In N Out burger in Ridgefield you might be able to
> > get one there--by the Summer of 2025. It would be easier and faster to
> > drive to Salem, where again, they don't have nearly as much competition
> > as they would face in the Portland metropolitan area.
> >
> > When I lived in Tucson we had an In N Out open nearby. There were
> > lines running around the place for months. I still don't understand what
> > all the excitement was about. Just to name one well known chain, I think
> > 5 Guy's food is significantly better. I can easily get a buger there
> > anytime I want, but we have so many great choices here that I don't dine
> > there frequently.
> >
> > TB
> >
> I think the real reason they avoided Portland, is with a population of
> 600 hundred thousand, a single in n out would cause madness as Portland
> has a very dense population and the city would be paralyzed with traffic
> trying to get to that single in n out.
> I watched this play out with the opening of the Keizer n in out a couple
> of years ago and long lines for many months. We went to the Keizer 'rant
> 2 years ago and there were still long lines!
>
> I lived in Salem for 20 years and since I used fast food for many of our
> meals, I know fast food and attendance of these 'rants and 5 guys never
> had a line of cars or even a line at the door. I have eaten there and
> found the food good but not on par with n in out.
> In Keizer you had a direct line of sight of McDonald's from the n in out
> and there was an empty parking lot most of the time.

You need a new theory.

"WASHINGTON COUNTY
In-N-Out Burger files appeal for potential Portland metro area
restaurant
by: Jashayla Pettigrew

Updated: Aug 4, 2023 / 10:35 AM PDT

In-N-Out?s application to build a Beaverton-area location was denied in
August 2022

Editor?s Note: This story has been updated to reflect the unincorporated
aspects of where the proposed location is in Washington County and to
clarify an October 2022 pre-application conference.

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) ? The effort to open another popular burger chain
in the Portland metro area continued earlier this year after a proposed
location application was denied last year.

In-N-Out Burger, the California-based restaurant chain known for its
cheeseburgers, animal fries and milkshakes, has considered expanding to
the Beaverton area in unincorporated Washington County for more than
three years.

In-N-Out?s application to construct a Beaverton area location was denied
in August 2022 by an independent hearings officer, but not because of
the community members? concerns. Instead, an independent hearings
officer denied the application due to a land-use issue.

A Washington County spokesperson explained to KOIN 6 that the proposed
site was split between a Commercial Business District that allows drive-
thru restaurants, and an Office Commercial district that typically
prohibits drive-thrus.

REI announces new Beaverton store, largest in Oregon
?Specifically, the applicant failed to demonstrate that the proposal to
utilize the OC-zoned portions of the site for excess drive-thru vehicle
storage during the potentially multi-year ?opening? period is allowed as
a permitted, accessory, or temporary use,? the independent hearings
officer?s notice of decision reads."

In N Out has a cult like following for the same reason Voodoo
Donuts frequently has long lines outside their doors. It ain't the food.
It's the marketing.

TB

Re: In N Out to bypass Portland for Ridgefield WA

<MPG.404f8e8da7d3f375989756@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22243&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22243

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 07:54:25 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:54 UTC

In article <MPG.404f861ac2945ba4989755@reader80.eternal-september.org>,
technobarbarian@gmail.com says...
> In N Out has a cult like following for the same reason Voodoo
> Donuts frequently has long lines outside their doors. It ain't the food.
> It's the marketing.

I forgot to post a link for my source:

https://www.koin.com/local/washington-county/in-n-out-burger-files-
appeal-for-potential-beaverton-restaurant/#:~:text=In%2DN%2DOut's%
20application%20to%20construct%20a%20Beaverton%20area%20location,of%
20the%20community%20members'%20concerns.

TB