The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware that he is wise.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: There is no crisis

SubjectAuthor
* There is no crisisTechnobarbarian
`* Re: There is no crisisbfh
 +* Re: There is no crisiskmiller
 |`* Re: There is no crisisbfh
 | `- Re: There is no crisiskmiller
 `* Re: There is no crisisTechnobarbarian
  `* Re: There is no crisisbfh
   `* Re: There is no crisisTechnobarbarian
    `* Re: There is no crisisbfh
     +- Re: There is no crisisTechnobarbarian
     `* Re: There is no crisiskmiller
      `* Re: There is no crisisbfh
       `- Re: There is no crisisbfh

1
There is no crisis

<MPG.404a8b01f3a9056e98974b@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22175&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22175

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: There is no crisis
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:37:55 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 20:37 UTC

"?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
visit

President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
migration-brownsville-visit

TB

Re: There is no crisis

<2W6EN.443499$c3Ea.153272@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22177&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22177

Subject: Re: There is no crisis
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:45:34 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:45 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
> visit
>
> President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
> Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
> migration-brownsville-visit

Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?

--
bill

Re: There is no crisis

<P4CdnaKKMMVcmHz4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22179&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22179

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 14:31:32 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:31 UTC

On 2/29/2024 1:45 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>

>> "?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
>> visit
>>
>> President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
>> Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
>> migration-brownsville-visit
>
> Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?

Jail can't come soon enough for the orange goon.

Re: There is no crisis

<U39EN.443505$c3Ea.281618@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22180&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22180

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 19:12:36 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 00:12 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 2/29/2024 1:45 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>> "?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
>>> visit
>>>
>>> President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
>>> Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
>>> migration-brownsville-visit
>>
>> Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?
>>

> Jail can't come soon enough for the orange goon.

Then at the end of the day going forward comma you're going to be
disappointed for an indeterminate passage of time.

--
bill

Re: There is no crisis

<MPG.404ac09eeb300ea598974d@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22181&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22181

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:26:45 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 00:26 UTC

In article <2W6EN.443499$c3Ea.153272@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:
> >

> > "?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
> > visit
> >
> > President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
> > Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"
> >
> > https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
> > migration-brownsville-visit
>
> Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?

"The U.S. Economy Is Surpassing Expectations. Immigration Is One Reason.
Immigrants aided the pandemic recovery and may be crucial to future
needs. The challenge is processing newcomers and getting them where the
jobs are."

"The U.S. economic recovery from the pandemic has been stronger and more
durable than many experts had expected, and a rebound in immigration is
a big reason.

A resumption in visa processing in 2021 and 2022 jump-started
employment, allowing foreign-born workers to fill some holes in the
labor force that persisted across industries and locations after the
pandemic shutdowns. Immigrants also address a longer-term need:
replenishing the work force, a key to meeting labor demands as
birthrates decline and older people retire.

Net migration in the year that ended July 1, 2023, reached the highest
level since 2017. The foreign-born now make up 18.6 percent of the labor
force, and the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that
over the next 10 years, immigration will keep the number of working
Americans from sinking. Balancing job seekers and opportunities is also
critical to moderating wage inflation and keeping prices in check.

International instability, economic crises, war and natural disasters
have brought a new surge of arrivals who could help close the still-
elevated gap between labor demand and job candidates. But that potential
economic dividend must contend with the incendiary politics, logistical
hurdles and administrative backlogs that the surge has created."
[snip]

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/business/economy/immigrants-
labor.html

"Nationwide Caregiver Shortage Felt By Older Adults
America?s aging population suffers as in-home aides can?t cover the need
for care"

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/basics/info-2022/in-home-caregiver-
shortage.html

TB

Re: There is no crisis

<YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22182&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22182

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 20:29:28 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 01:29 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <2W6EN.443499$c3Ea.153272@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>>
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>

>>> "?There is no crisis?: Biden will find calm not chaos at Texas border
>>> visit
>>>
>>> President will visit the well-regulated crossing at Brownsville while
>>> Trump will make dueling trip to hotspot 300 miles upstream"
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/29/biden-texas-border-
>>> migration-brownsville-visit
>>
>> Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?
>
> "The U.S. Economy Is Surpassing Expectations. Immigration Is One Reason.
> Immigrants aided the pandemic recovery and may be crucial to future
> needs. The challenge is processing newcomers and getting them where the
> jobs are."
>
> "The U.S. economic recovery from the pandemic has been stronger and more
> durable than many experts had expected, and a rebound in immigration is
> a big reason.
>
> A resumption in visa processing in 2021 and 2022 jump-started
> employment, allowing foreign-born workers to fill some holes in the
> labor force that persisted across industries and locations after the
> pandemic shutdowns. Immigrants also address a longer-term need:
> replenishing the work force, a key to meeting labor demands as
> birthrates decline and older people retire.
>
> Net migration in the year that ended July 1, 2023, reached the highest
> level since 2017. The foreign-born now make up 18.6 percent of the labor
> force, and the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that
> over the next 10 years, immigration will keep the number of working
> Americans from sinking. Balancing job seekers and opportunities is also
> critical to moderating wage inflation and keeping prices in check.
>
> International instability, economic crises, war and natural disasters
> have brought a new surge of arrivals who could help close the still-
> elevated gap between labor demand and job candidates. But that potential
> economic dividend must contend with the incendiary politics, logistical
> hurdles and administrative backlogs that the surge has created."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/business/economy/immigrants-
> labor.html
>
> "Nationwide Caregiver Shortage Felt By Older Adults
> America?s aging population suffers as in-home aides can?t cover the need
> for care"
>
> https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/basics/info-2022/in-home-caregiver-
> shortage.html

Are those your opinions?

--
bill

Re: There is no crisis

<VFOdnWhYoY2S3Hz4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22184&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22184

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 18:44:34 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 02:44 UTC

On 2/29/2024 4:12 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Do you have any opinions on any of that? If so, what are they?
>>>

>> Jail can't come soon enough for the orange goon.
>
> Then at the end of the day going forward comma you're going to be
> disappointed for an indeterminate passage of time.

In the meanwhile maybe they can weaponize pauperization on the orange
goon fraudster:

Trump faces huge losses as he flogs commercial real estate properties in
the teeth of a brutal market

https://fortune.com/2024/02/29/donald-trump-property-sales-commercial-real-estate-verdict-fraud/

HawHawHaw!

Re: There is no crisis

<MPG.404bad40f15088098974e@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22191&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22191

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:16:47 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 17:16 UTC

In article <YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> > International instability, economic crises, war and natural disasters
> > have brought a new surge of arrivals who could help close the still-
> > elevated gap between labor demand and job candidates. But that potential
> > economic dividend must contend with the incendiary politics, logistical
> > hurdles and administrative backlogs that the surge has created."
> > [snip]
> >
> > https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/business/economy/immigrants-
> > labor.html
> >
> > "Nationwide Caregiver Shortage Felt By Older Adults
> > America?s aging population suffers as in-home aides can?t cover the need
> > for care"
> >
> > https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/basics/info-2022/in-home-caregiver-
> > shortage.html
>
> Are those your opinions?

No, those are my facts. My opinion should be obvious from the
facts, if not from my subject line. For you I'll say it again. There is
no crisis on our borders. "Crisis is probably the most over worked word
in the English language. The news media loves it because it keeps people
tuned in for the next episode.

https://tinyurl.com/yc2b2az6

TB

Re: There is no crisis

<CwpEN.31113$zF_1.27292@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22193&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22193

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 13:55:30 -0500
 by: bfh - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:55 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> In article <YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...
>
>>> International instability, economic crises, war and natural disasters
>>> have brought a new surge of arrivals who could help close the still-
>>> elevated gap between labor demand and job candidates. But that potential
>>> economic dividend must contend with the incendiary politics, logistical
>>> hurdles and administrative backlogs that the surge has created."
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/business/economy/immigrants-
>>> labor.html
>>>
>>> "Nationwide Caregiver Shortage Felt By Older Adults
>>> America?s aging population suffers as in-home aides can?t cover the need
>>> for care"
>>>
>>> https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/basics/info-2022/in-home-caregiver-
>>> shortage.html
>>
>> Are those your opinions?
>>

> No, those are my facts. My opinion should be obvious from the
> facts, if not from my subject line. For you I'll say it again. There is
> no crisis on our borders. "Crisis is probably the most over worked word
> in the English language. The news media loves it because it keeps people
> tuned in for the next episode.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yc2b2az6

An about-face

President Biden has come to recognize that the surge of undocumented
immigration during his presidency is a threat to his re-election. He
knows that most voters are unhappy about the increase. So are mayors
and governors who have been left to deal with an expensive and often
chaotic situation — such as in Denver, the subject of a recent Times
story.
https://tinyurl.com/2xxcmwuv

Seems like Biden, most voters, and some mayors and governors disagree
with your facts. "Course - except for voters - it probably has more to
do with expense, chaos, and reelection than with what they actually
believe.

--
bill

Re: There is no crisis

<MPG.404c1c417b7e7f1198974f@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22199&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22199

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 17:10:01 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 01:10 UTC

In article <CwpEN.31113$zF_1.27292@fx18.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > In article <YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

> >> Are those your opinions?
> >>

> > No, those are my facts. My opinion should be obvious from the
> > facts, if not from my subject line. For you I'll say it again. There is
> > no crisis on our borders. "Crisis is probably the most over worked word
> > in the English language. The news media loves it because it keeps people
> > tuned in for the next episode.
> >
> > https://tinyurl.com/yc2b2az6

> An about-face
>
> President Biden has come to recognize that the surge of undocumented
> immigration during his presidency is a threat to his re-election. He
> knows that most voters are unhappy about the increase. So are mayors
> and governors who have been left to deal with an expensive and often
> chaotic situation ? such as in Denver, the subject of a recent Times
> story.
> https://tinyurl.com/2xxcmwuv
>
> Seems like Biden, most voters, and some mayors and governors disagree
> with your facts. "Course - except for voters - it probably has more to
> do with expense, chaos, and reelection than with what they actually
> believe.

It's the same old story. Only everything old is new again.

"The birth of Fox News?s ?migrant crime? obsession"

"In recent months, a wave of migrant crime has washed over our city,?
New York Police Commissioner Edward Caban said at the news conference.
He was speaking in the wake of an incident in which immigrants had
scuffled with police in Times Square, an incident that was in heavy
rotation on Fox News and that was later shown not to have unfolded the
way police first suggested."

"?By no means do the individuals committing these crimes represent the
vast number of people coming to New York to build a better life,? Caban
continued. But when Fox picked up his remarks in its coverage the
following day, that part was snipped out. Instead, they jumped ahead to
another part of his comments, where he intoned that these were
?essentially ghost criminals: no criminal history, no photos, no
cellphone, no social media.?

The New York Times subsequently noted that there has not been an uptick
in crime in the city in recent months. In fact, both violent and
property crimes are mostly down in 2024 relative to the same point in
2023. But Fox News has never placed the burden of verification on its
claims about crime. There are high-profile examples of alleged crimes
committed by immigrants in the country illegally, so Fox News hosts were
happy to elevate Caban?s assertion.

Trump quickly picked up on the idea. Speaking at a National Rifle
Association conference earlier this month, he used the term explicitly.

?We call it migrant crime,? he said. ?It?s unbelievable what?s going on.
And now for the first time, you?re seeing migrant crime. These are tough
people.?

Never mind that Trump?s 2015 presidential campaign launch was centered
on the idea that immigrants entering the United States were criminals.
Trump had picked up on a new political slogan.

Trump vs. Biden on immigration: 12 charts comparing U.S. border security

It really caught on after he appeared in a one-on-one conversation with
Ingraham.

?It?s a new category,? he told Ingraham, who had used the term more than
two weeks before. ?I don?t know if you?ve heard this, but I came up with
this one: migrant crime. There?s ?crime,? there?s ?violent crime,?
there?s ?migrant crime.??

?We have a new category of crime,? he continued. ?It?s called migrant
crime and it?s going to be worse than any other form of crime.?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/02/29/trump-border-biden-
migrant-crime/

"Trump's claims of a migrant crime wave are not supported by national
data"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-claims-migrant-crime-wave-
185443539.html

I wouldn't want actual data to get in the way of anyone's
xenophobia. Orange jesus has gotten a lot of mileage out of beating that
drum.

TB

Re: There is no crisis

<x4OcnRcqJvrfDX_4nZ2dnZfqn_EJyJ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22201&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22201

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:34:46 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 02:34 UTC

On 3/1/2024 10:55 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> In article <YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net says...

>>> Are those your opinions?
>>>

>>       No, those are my facts. My opinion should be obvious from the
>> facts, if not from my subject line. For you I'll say it again. There is
>> no crisis on our borders. "Crisis is probably the most over worked word
>> in the English language. The news media loves it because it keeps people
>> tuned in for the next episode.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/yc2b2az6

> An about-face
>
> President Biden has come to recognize that the surge of undocumented
> immigration during his presidency is a threat to his re-election. He
> knows that most voters are unhappy about the increase. So are mayors and
> governors who have been left to deal with an expensive and often chaotic
> situation — such as in Denver, the subject of a recent Times story.
> https://tinyurl.com/2xxcmwuv
>
> Seems like Biden, most voters, and some mayors and governors disagree
> with your facts. "Course - except for voters - it probably has more to
> do with expense, chaos, and reelection than with what they actually
> believe.

This is what you'd prefer?

Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on
suspicion of trespassing

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/27/arizona-gop-bill-rancher-migrant-kill

I suppose you kill them first, then check to see if they're undocumented?

Re: There is no crisis

<IwwEN.32035$hN14.21994@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22205&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22205

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:53:28 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 02:53 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 3/1/2024 10:55 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> In article <YbaEN.445558$c3Ea.113967@fx10.iad>, redydog@rye.net
>>> says...

>>>       No, those are my facts. My opinion should be obvious
>>> from the
>>> facts, if not from my subject line. For you I'll say it again.
>>> There is
>>> no crisis on our borders. "Crisis is probably the most over worked
>>> word
>>> in the English language. The news media loves it because it keeps
>>> people
>>> tuned in for the next episode.
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/yc2b2az6

>> An about-face
>>
>> President Biden has come to recognize that the surge of undocumented
>> immigration during his presidency is a threat to his re-election. He
>> knows that most voters are unhappy about the increase. So are mayors
>> and governors who have been left to deal with an expensive and often
>> chaotic situation — such as in Denver, the subject of a recent
>> Times story.
>> https://tinyurl.com/2xxcmwuv
>>
>> Seems like Biden, most voters, and some mayors and governors
>> disagree with your facts. "Course - except for voters - it probably
>> has more to do with expense, chaos, and reelection than with what
>> they actually believe.
>>

> This is what you'd prefer?
>
> Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on
> suspicion of trespassing

Why would you think that's what I would prefer?

> https://www.axios.com/2024/02/27/arizona-gop-bill-rancher-migrant-kill
>
> I suppose you kill them first, then check to see if they're undocumented?

Do you also suppose that I have one of these?
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61EYH3usZJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

--
bill

Re: There is no crisis