From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Portland voted best food truck city in America
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 07:02:07 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:02 UTC

"Portland voted best food truck city in America
Updated: Apr. 20, 2023, 7:50 a.m.|Published: Apr. 19, 2023, 2:34 p.m.
Tito's Taquitos in Southwest Portland

By Michael Russell | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Stop me if you?ve heard this one before.

Portland, home to around 1,000 food carts spread across dozens of the
city?s signature ?pods,? was voted as the best food truck city in
America, Food & Wine magazine announced today.

As someone who has spent more than a decade scouring the city for great
food carts, I can confirm that Food & Wine?s readers got this one right,
even if those ?trucks? go by ?carts? here in the Rose City.

According to Food & Wine, ?no trip to Portland is complete without
sampling one of the city?s hundreds of food trucks.?"

https://www.oregonlive.com/dining/2023/04/portland-voted-best-food-
truck-city-in-america.html#:~:text=Portland%2C%20home%20to%20around%201%
2C000,Food%20%26%20Wine%20magazine%20announced%20today.

It isn't just Portland. For me, one of the attractions of Tillamook
county is the many food carts up and down the coast. Tucson has a lot of
food trucks, but when I lived there it was almost all taco trucks. One
of the things I didn't like about Tacoma is that they have around 3
licensed food trucks for the whole city. The city seemed naked in
comparison. Even Tigard has more food carts than Tacoma. We have a very
vibrant and competitive food scene here.

TB