From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Oregon state parks saw ?near-record crowds? in 2023
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 09:56:57 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:56 UTC

"Oregon state parks saw ?near-record crowds? in 2023. These were the
busiest spots

Updated: Mar. 05, 2024, 9:11 a.m.|Published: Mar. 05, 2024, 9:00 a.m.

"Oregon?s state parks are just as busy as ever.

That?s the conclusion from the latest batch of data from the Oregon
Parks and Recreation Department, which released its 2023 visitor counts
Tuesday, showing 52,231,692 daytime visitors and 2,909,175 overnight
campers statewide last year."

"The parks department said the sustained highs have meant ?an increasing
need for rangers and support staff at a time when hiring frontline staff
continues to be difficult.? Officials said they are currently hiring to
fill 250 seasonal rangers and ranger assistants, with the goal of
filling all those positions this year.

?Oregon State Parks, like many employers, has struggled to recruit
seasonal staff since the pandemic,? parks spokesperson Stefanie Knowlton
said. ?At least a few parks go through the busy season with one to two
seasonal staff positions unfilled. We?re working to spread the word more
broadly to help fill those gaps.?"

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/2024/03/oregon-state-parks-saw-near-
record-crowds-in-2023-these-were-the-busiest-spots.html

This all reminds me of when one of óur local idiots was predicting a
severe decline in the demand for RVs. We ain't seein' none of that here.

TB

Re: Oregon state parks saw ?near-record crowds? in 2023

<LWJFN.513915$7sbb.94167@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22251&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22251

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 13:57:47 -0500
 by: bfh - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 18:57 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Oregon state parks saw ?near-record crowds? in 2023. These were the
> busiest spots
>
> Updated: Mar. 05, 2024, 9:11 a.m.|Published: Mar. 05, 2024, 9:00 a.m.
>
> "Oregon?s state parks are just as busy as ever.
>
> That?s the conclusion from the latest batch of data from the Oregon
> Parks and Recreation Department, which released its 2023 visitor counts
> Tuesday, showing 52,231,692 daytime visitors and 2,909,175 overnight
> campers statewide last year."
>
> "The parks department said the sustained highs have meant ?an increasing
> need for rangers and support staff at a time when hiring frontline staff
> continues to be difficult.? Officials said they are currently hiring to
> fill 250 seasonal rangers and ranger assistants, with the goal of
> filling all those positions this year.
>
> ?Oregon State Parks, like many employers, has struggled to recruit
> seasonal staff since the pandemic,? parks spokesperson Stefanie Knowlton
> said. ?At least a few parks go through the busy season with one to two
> seasonal staff positions unfilled. We?re working to spread the word more
> broadly to help fill those gaps.?"

Find some illegals that walked up from Central and South America. They
should know a little bit about camping, and will probably work cheap.

--
bill