From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: The Cheese Crisis
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 07:11:47 -0800
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:11 UTC

"France?s favorite cheese is facing an ?extinction? crisis. Not everyone
is worried"

"Alarm was raised in January when a recent study by scientists at Paris-
Saclay University identified that the main fungus used in creating
Camembert and other cheeses was increasingly in short supply due to the
industrial production methods used to keep up with demand.

And while that might spell trouble for a variety of dairy offerings,
some have taken this to mean that poor Camembert ? which is handily sold
in its own wooden box ? is headed for the grave.

World Cheese Awards
RELATED ARTICLE
The 2023 world cheese champion has been revealed
?Blue cheeses may be under threat, but the situation is much worse for
Camembert, which is already on the verge of extinction,? the French
National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) said in its report about
the findings. Elsewhere, another headline warned of a looming ?cheese
crisis,? adding, ?say a prayer for Camembert!?

The cheese stakes couldn?t be higher. Alongside the Louvre, haute
couture and the Eiffel Tower, Camembert is a national treasure beloved
the world over ? as existential to the French as existentialism."

https://www.cnn.com/travel/camembert-extinction-crisis-scn/index.html

Another day, another "crisis". It never ends.

TB

Re: The Cheese Crisis

<usfipa$1r0v0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22281&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22281

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: The Cheese Crisis
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 11:44:14 -0600
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:44 UTC

On 3/8/2024 9:11 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "France?s favorite cheese is facing an ?extinction? crisis. Not everyone
> is worried"
>
> "Alarm was raised in January when a recent study by scientists at Paris-
> Saclay University identified that the main fungus used in creating
> Camembert and other cheeses was increasingly in short supply due to the
> industrial production methods used to keep up with demand.
>
> And while that might spell trouble for a variety of dairy offerings,
> some have taken this to mean that poor Camembert ? which is handily sold
> in its own wooden box ? is headed for the grave.
>
> World Cheese Awards
> RELATED ARTICLE
> The 2023 world cheese champion has been revealed
> ?Blue cheeses may be under threat, but the situation is much worse for
> Camembert, which is already on the verge of extinction,? the French
> National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) said in its report about
> the findings. Elsewhere, another headline warned of a looming ?cheese
> crisis,? adding, ?say a prayer for Camembert!?
>
> The cheese stakes couldn?t be higher. Alongside the Louvre, haute
> couture and the Eiffel Tower, Camembert is a national treasure beloved
> the world over ? as existential to the French as existentialism."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/travel/camembert-extinction-crisis-scn/index.html
>
> Another day, another "crisis". It never ends.
>
> TB

You are just a fount of useless information.