Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: Five Guys out of control
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 09:06:35 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 17:06 UTC

An uproar over a pricey bacon cheeseburger and fries at Five Guys is
causing a stir on social media, baffling many over why the combo cost a
customer nearly $25.

That said no one forced to eat at five guys.

https://tinyurl.com/mrxh2dc5

--
Frank Howell

Re: Five Guys out of control

<03oGN.517285$7sbb.242720@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22273&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22273

Subject: Re: Five Guys out of control
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 13:53:48 -0500
 by: bfh - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:53 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> An uproar over a pricey bacon cheeseburger and fries at Five Guys is
> causing a stir on social media, baffling many over why the combo cost
> a customer nearly $25.
>
> That said no one forced to eat at five guys.

That's right, and it would probably be a lot cheaper if they got a
pre-owned bacon cheeseburger at Walmart.

--
bill

Re: Five Guys out of control

<uslffp$373ft$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22296&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22296

From: usenet@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:24:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:24 UTC

In article <qumGN.460821$c3Ea.415807@fx10.iad>,
Frank Howell <fphowell@usermail.com> wrote:
>An uproar over a pricey bacon cheeseburger and fries at Five Guys is
>causing a stir on social media, baffling many over why the combo cost a
>customer nearly $25.

I haven't been to one in ... probably five years.
Pretty good burgers, nice variety of how to doctor
them up, but if that's their prices now, I'm not
going to go looking for one.

Their order of fries is (or, at least, was back then) so
big you should probably split one between five guys.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Re: Five Guys out of control

<MPG.4058e109252b497f989767@reader80.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22298&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22298

From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:37:08 -0700
 by: Technobarbarian - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:37 UTC

In article <qumGN.460821$c3Ea.415807@fx10.iad>, fphowell@usermail.com
says...

> An uproar over a pricey bacon cheeseburger and fries at Five Guys is
> causing a stir on social media, baffling many over why the combo cost a
> customer nearly $25.
>
> That said no one forced to eat at five guys.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/mrxh2dc5

I could get that same meal in Beaverton for $19.67. My burger is
cheaper here. We don't have a sales tax and I almost never tip for
counter service. That would also be enough food for both my wife and I.
My wife and I rarely order fountain drinks because they're not healthy
and the prices are ridiculous just about everywhere.

My wife and I could get 2 small bacon cheeseburgers, 2 milk shakes
and an order of fries for $33.55. That would be a big meal for us, and
seems very reasonable to me in comparison to what I pay at other places.

TB