From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Demand for OBGYN services rises in Oregon
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:26:25 -0700
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:26 UTC

"Demand for OBGYN services rises in Oregon"

"Nearly two years after the fall of Roe v. Wade, reproductive health
providers in Oregon ? where abortion is considered a right under the
state Constitution ? are still seeing high demand for services as
neighboring states crack down on the procedure.

Why it matters: Healthcare providers focused on family planning have
expanded the services they offer and hired additional help to fit the
needs of both in-state and out-of-state patients, who often need extra
assistance with travel, lodging and coordinated care.

Driving the news: Idaho ? Oregon's closest neighbor with a near-total
abortion ban ? lost 22% of its OBGYNs since the top court overturned
Roe, leaving half of the state's 44 counties without practicing
obstetricians, a new report found."

"The big picture: 21 states have moved to ban or restrict abortion since
2022, and 16 states plus Washington, D.C., have measures in place to
protect abortion rights."

"The intrigue: The rising need for reproductive care in Oregon isn't
limited to only abortions.

Jessica Keersemaker, vice president of patient services at Planned
Parenthood Columbia Willamette, told Axios that STI testing and
treatment and birth control ? including vasectomies ? "have and remain
in high demand" for patients in Oregon and Washington.
Zoom in: Colwill also cited an increase in the number of complex
pregnancies she's seen where there have been fetal anomalies or poor
prognoses.

"When people have complicated pregnancies they want to come to a state
where all options are discussed.""

"The bottom line: Several studies show the number of abortions performed
in the country has not decreased since the Dobbs decision overturned
Roe.

For Colwill that means "people are still seeking and needing abortions
and all of these border states will continue to see large increases in
their volume.""

https://www.axios.com/local/portland/2024/03/13/demand-obgyn-abortion-
rises-oregon-idaho

TB

Re: Demand for OBGYN services rises in Oregon

<usv8p0$1nhsh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22307&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22307

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Demand for OBGYN services rises in Oregon
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 11:31:30 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:31 UTC

On 3/14/2024 11:26 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Demand for OBGYN services rises in Oregon"

Since men can now get pregnant in The Garden of Oregon, I guess the
demand would nearly double.

> "Nearly two years after the fall of Roe v. Wade, reproductive health
> providers in Oregon ? where abortion is considered a right under the
> state Constitution ?

Yep, States Rights. Right where it should be decided.

are still seeing high demand for services as
> neighboring states crack down on the procedure.
>
> Why it matters: Healthcare providers focused on family planning have
> expanded the services they offer and hired additional help to fit the
> needs of both in-state and out-of-state patients, who often need extra
> assistance with travel, lodging and coordinated care.
>
> Driving the news: Idaho ? Oregon's closest neighbor with a near-total
> abortion ban ? lost 22% of its OBGYNs since the top court overturned
> Roe, leaving half of the state's 44 counties without practicing
> obstetricians, a new report found."
>
> "The big picture: 21 states have moved to ban or restrict abortion since
> 2022, and 16 states plus Washington, D.C., have measures in place to
> protect abortion rights."
>
> "The intrigue: The rising need for reproductive care in Oregon isn't
> limited to only abortions.

Reproductive care? Wouldn't that be anti-reproductive care. Abortion has
nothing to do with reproduction... more like de-production.