From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US Courthouse
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 16:32:46 -0700
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 23:32 UTC

"Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US
Courthouse"

"PORTLAND, Ore. (PORTLAND TRIBUNE) ? The next time political protests
break out in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown
Portland, demonstrators could be facing a massive stainless-steel wall
that protects the building and its occupants from anything that can be
hurled at it.

Work is nearing completion on seven large, hinged barricades that can be
dropped down in front of the west side entrance to the building that
faces Southwest Third Avenue and Lownsdale Square. That is where large
groups of protesters repeatedly gathered during months of social justice
protests that followed the murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man,
by Minneapolis police in March 2020. Projectiles ranged from rocks to
ball bearing fired from large slingshots to industrial-grade fireworks.

Family with 3 children stranded overnight near Government Camp
The protests went on for months, damaging Portland?s national reputation
for livability. Although many of the confrontations were fueled by the
Trump Administration?s decision to send additional federal forces to
Portland to defend the building, funding for the current security
upgrade was sought by and approved during the Biden Administration. As
first reported by the Oregonian/OregonLive last September, Congress
approved $112.5 million to support upgrades to ?harden? about 100 to 150
federal courthouses ?against individuals or groups seeking to breach
court facilities and disrupt the judicial process? for fiscal year 2023.

The barriers are like hinged airplane hangar doors with shielded upper
view screens. The estimated cost of the local upgrade was estimated at
$4.5 million, including renovations to the main west entry and to
employee entrances on the north and side sides of the building."
[snip]

https://www.koin.com/news/portland/massive-stainless-steel-security-
doors-installing-at-portland-us-courthouse/

The picture of the nearly complete installation is mildly amusing.
If they ever need to use this security system I expect that it will be
because of magaloons howling at the moon.

TB

Re: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US Courthouse

<vQLKN.554768$c3Ea.435949@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22337&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22337

Subject: Re: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at
Portland US Courthouse
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 21:12:59 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 01:12 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US
> Courthouse"
>
> "PORTLAND, Ore. (PORTLAND TRIBUNE) ? The next time political protests
> break out in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown
> Portland, demonstrators could be facing a massive stainless-steel wall
> that protects the building and its occupants from anything that can be
> hurled at it.
>
> Work is nearing completion on seven large, hinged barricades that can be
> dropped down in front of the west side entrance to the building that
> faces Southwest Third Avenue and Lownsdale Square. That is where large
> groups of protesters repeatedly gathered during months of social justice
> protests that followed the murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man,
> by Minneapolis police in March 2020. Projectiles ranged from rocks to
> ball bearing fired from large slingshots to industrial-grade fireworks.
>
> Family with 3 children stranded overnight near Government Camp
> The protests went on for months, damaging Portland?s national reputation
> for livability. Although many of the confrontations were fueled by the
> Trump Administration?s decision to send additional federal forces to
> Portland to defend the building, funding for the current security
> upgrade was sought by and approved during the Biden Administration. As
> first reported by the Oregonian/OregonLive last September, Congress
> approved $112.5 million to support upgrades to ?harden? about 100 to 150
> federal courthouses ?against individuals or groups seeking to breach
> court facilities and disrupt the judicial process? for fiscal year 2023.
>
> The barriers are like hinged airplane hangar doors with shielded upper
> view screens. The estimated cost of the local upgrade was estimated at
> $4.5 million, including renovations to the main west entry and to
> employee entrances on the north and side sides of the building."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.koin.com/news/portland/massive-stainless-steel-security-
> doors-installing-at-portland-us-courthouse/
>
> The picture of the nearly complete installation is mildly amusing.
> If they ever need to use this security system I expect that it will be
> because of magaloons howling at the moon.

It's Trump's fault, of course, that you need that "wall". Y'all ought
to make him pay the 4.5 magamegabucks.

--
bill

Re: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US Courthouse

<uthr78$2b8r5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22338&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22338

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Portland US Courthouse
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:36:40 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:36 UTC

On 3/20/2024 6:32 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US
> Courthouse"
>
> "PORTLAND, Ore. (PORTLAND TRIBUNE) ? The next time political protests
> break out in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown
> Portland, demonstrators could be facing a massive stainless-steel wall
> that protects the building and its occupants from anything that can be
> hurled at it.
>
> Work is nearing completion on seven large, hinged barricades that can be
> dropped down in front of the west side entrance to the building that
> faces Southwest Third Avenue and Lownsdale Square. That is where large
> groups of protesters repeatedly gathered during months of social justice
> protests that followed the murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man,
> by Minneapolis police in March 2020. Projectiles ranged from rocks to
> ball bearing fired from large slingshots to industrial-grade fireworks.
>
> Family with 3 children stranded overnight near Government Camp
> The protests went on for months, damaging Portland?s national reputation
> for livability. Although many of the confrontations were fueled by the
> Trump Administration?s decision to send additional federal forces to
> Portland to defend the building, funding for the current security
> upgrade was sought by and approved during the Biden Administration. As
> first reported by the Oregonian/OregonLive last September, Congress
> approved $112.5 million to support upgrades to ?harden? about 100 to 150
> federal courthouses ?against individuals or groups seeking to breach
> court facilities and disrupt the judicial process? for fiscal year 2023.
>
> The barriers are like hinged airplane hangar doors with shielded upper
> view screens. The estimated cost of the local upgrade was estimated at
> $4.5 million, including renovations to the main west entry and to
> employee entrances on the north and side sides of the building."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.koin.com/news/portland/massive-stainless-steel-security-
> doors-installing-at-portland-us-courthouse/
>
> The picture of the nearly complete installation is mildly amusing.
> If they ever need to use this security system I expect that it will be
> because of magaloons howling at the moon.
>
> TB

It's always Trump, Trump, Trump. And the Garden of Oregon's prideful
city, (double meaning there) hasn't been livable in at least the past
six or seven years... unless of course you are a drugged up immigrant to
the PNW.

"...damaging Portland?s national reputation for livability. Although
many of the confrontations were fueled by the Trump Administration?s
decision to send additional federal forces to Portland to defend the
building..."

Re: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US Courthouse

<uti2qk$2d3q6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22339&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22339

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Portland US Courthouse
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:46:30 -0500
 by: sticks - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:46 UTC

On 3/21/2024 12:36 PM, George Anthony wrote:
> On 3/20/2024 6:32 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>

>> "Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US
>> Courthouse"
>>
>> "PORTLAND, Ore. (PORTLAND TRIBUNE) ? The next time political protests
>> break out in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown
>> Portland, demonstrators could be facing a massive stainless-steel wall
>> that protects the building and its occupants from anything that can be
>> hurled at it.
>>
>> Work is nearing completion on seven large, hinged barricades that can be
>> dropped down in front of the west side entrance to the building that
>> faces Southwest Third Avenue and Lownsdale Square. That is where large
>> groups of protesters repeatedly gathered during months of social justice
>> protests that followed the murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man,
>> by Minneapolis police in March 2020. Projectiles ranged from rocks to
>> ball bearing fired from large slingshots to industrial-grade fireworks.
>>
>> Family with 3 children stranded overnight near Government Camp
>> The protests went on for months, damaging Portland?s national reputation
>> for livability. Although many of the confrontations were fueled by the
>> Trump Administration?s decision to send additional federal forces to
>> Portland to defend the building, funding for the current security
>> upgrade was sought by and approved during the Biden Administration. As
>> first reported by the Oregonian/OregonLive last September, Congress
>> approved $112.5 million to support upgrades to ?harden? about 100 to 150
>> federal courthouses ?against individuals or groups seeking to breach
>> court facilities and disrupt the judicial process? for fiscal year 2023.
>>
>> The barriers are like hinged airplane hangar doors with shielded upper
>> view screens. The estimated cost of the local upgrade was estimated at
>> $4.5 million, including renovations to the main west entry and to
>> employee entrances on the north and side sides of the building."
>> [snip]
>>
>> https://www.koin.com/news/portland/massive-stainless-steel-security-
>> doors-installing-at-portland-us-courthouse/
>>
>>       The picture of the nearly complete installation is mildly amusing.
>> If they ever need to use this security system I expect that it will be
>> because of magaloons howling at the moon.
>>
>> TB
>
> It's always Trump, Trump, Trump. And the Garden of Oregon's prideful
> city, (double meaning there) hasn't been livable in at least the past
> six or seven years... unless of course you are a drugged up immigrant to
> the PNW.
>
> "...damaging Portland?s national reputation for livability. Although
> many of the confrontations were fueled by the Trump Administration?s
> decision to send additional federal forces to Portland to defend the
> building..."

I really do need to adjust my filters to kill all subthreads originating
from the TBoob, but anyways...

Yes, what you quoted above is ridiculous as usual, but I see two others
that are also filled with leftist nonsense.

> That is where large
>>> groups of protesters repeatedly gathered during months of social justice
>>> protests that followed the murder of George Floyd,

First, they weren't protests. They were riots.
Second, he wasn't murdered. He died of a drug overdose.

>>> If they ever need to use this security system I expect that it will be
>>> because of magaloons howling at the moon.

Dumb Boob must live in another reality.

--
Stand With Israel!

Re: Massive stainless steel security doors to be installed at Portland US Courthouse

<utk2dc$2uv14$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22341&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#22341

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Portland US Courthouse
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 08:51:41 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 13:51 UTC

On 3/21/2024 2:46 PM, sticks wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> It's always Trump, Trump, Trump. And the Garden of Oregon's prideful
>> city, (double meaning there) hasn't been livable in at least the past
>> six or seven years... unless of course you are a drugged up immigrant
>> to the PNW.
>>
>> "...damaging Portland?s national reputation for livability. Although
>> many of the confrontations were fueled by the Trump Administration?s
>> decision to send additional federal forces to Portland to defend the
>> building..."
>

> I really do need to adjust my filters to kill all subthreads originating
> from the TBoob, but anyways...
>
> Yes, what you quoted above is ridiculous as usual, but I see two others
> that are also filled with leftist nonsense.
>
>> That is where large
>
> First, they weren't protests.  They were riots.
> Second, he wasn't murdered.  He died of a drug overdose.

I can't believe you just figured that out (snicker).