Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:27:17 +0000
Subject: Prof Herbert Kroemer, 95, physicist
From: mig73allenford2002@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: Mig.Rhodes - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:27 UTC

Herbert Kroemer, who has died aged 95, shared the 2000 Nobel Prize in physics, with the Russian Zhores Alferov of St Petersburg and Jack Kilby of Texas, for developing technology which paved the way for radio-link satellites, mobile phones, CD players, barcode readers, laser pointers, magnetic resonance cameras, electronic watches and personal computers...

https://chancellor.ucsb.edu/memos/2024-03-12-sad-news-professor-emeritus-herbert-kroemer