From: davidc@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Mandisa Hundley, "American Idol," 47
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:29:30 -0500
 by: David Carson - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:29 UTC

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/04/19/american-idol-alum-christian-singer-mandisa-has-died-in-nashville/73382383007/
Investigation underway after Christian singer, 'American Idol' alum
Mandisa found dead
Melonee Hurt
Craig Shoup
Nashville Tennessean

A spokesman for the Franklin Police Department said officers were
involved in an active death investigation Friday after Christian
singer and "American Idol" alum Mandisa was found dead in her
Nashville-area home one day earlier.

Mandisa, born in Citrus Heights, California, as Mandisa Lynn Hundley,
was 47.

A rep for the singer, The Media Collective, issued a statement
confirming her death Friday morning.

"At this time, we do not know the cause of death or any further
details," the statement reads. "We ask for your prayers for her family
and close-knit circle of friends during this incredibly difficult
time."

Franklin police declined to confirm Hundley as the deceased in the
death investigation, but the address of the home where the
investigation is taking place has been tied to the singer via a
records search.

"What I can confirm is that our officers responded to a residence for
a death investigation Thursday evening, and its being actively
investigated," Franklin Police Department spokesperson Max Winitz
wrote in an email to The Tennessean Friday.

No other details were immediately released.

[continues at URL]