From: radioactiveseattle@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Daniel Dennett, "Four Horsemen" atheist philospher, 82
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:49:00 +0000
 by: bryan_styble - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:49 UTC

The late, ever-bearded Dennett was an interesting guy and offered up intriguing analyses for sure, though he always struck me as an inferior writer to his three non-believer colleagues who were collectively nicknamed The Four Horsemen of Atheism*.

The prolific prose of the other three--Chrostopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris--seldom leaves me scratching my head wondering, "What precisely did he mean by that paragraph?", whereas that WAS too often the case with Dennett's screeds skewering faith. (I might even cite for example a quoted passage or two in his Wiki entry linked below.)

Of course, it's entirely possible that the learned, lower-key Dennett's heady writing style was simply above my own dim-witted head.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
==================
* Believers and doubters alike are still awaiting that long-foretold event called The Apocalypse, y'know.
==================
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Dennett

Re: Daniel Dennett, "Four Horsemen" atheist philospher, 82

<cae9c02562c8d0259f970daf02d588e4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22417&group=alt.obituaries#22417

From: radioactiveseattle@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:53:27 +0000
 by: bryan_styble - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:53 UTC

I should have also pointed out that, as a militant agnostic, I don't have a dog (much less a horse) in The Four Horsemen's fight.

STYBLE/Florida

Re: Daniel Dennett, "Four Horsemen" atheist philospher, 82

<uvvbnj$276$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22419&group=alt.obituaries#22419

From: le@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 03:10:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 03:10 UTC

bryan_styble <radioactiveseattle@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I should have also pointed out that, as a militant agnostic, I don't
> have a dog (much less a horse) in The Four Horsemen's fight.

I supppse you don't know if you have a god in it?

> STYBLE/Florida

-=-=-

Re: Daniel Dennett, "Four Horsemen" atheist philospher, 82

<3afeaa1a99bd3442e8ad19b7e52c2f46@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=22426&group=alt.obituaries#22426

From: radioactiveseattle@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:17:15 +0000
 by: bryan_styble - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:17 UTC

Louis: your question, I'm guessing, alludes to this amusing 20th Century bumper sticker?:

DYSLEXIC ATHEISTS DON'T BELIEVE IN DOG

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida