From: lautreamont@inria.fr (Isidore Ducasse)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Subject: lost intrinsics
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 10:44:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Isidore Ducasse - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 10:44 UTC

My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
I got used to it... :-)

A related question: I think I could also have it by wearing the Eye of
A., but I definitely prefer to just carry it and wear an amulet of life
saving (this Wizard can definitely ascend, but I'm very good at making
YASD...). Is it a good choice?

Thx

Re: lost intrinsics

<tf9u0q$7doq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2738&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#2738

From: janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Subject: Re: lost intrinsics
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:07:05 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 11:07 UTC

On 07.09.2022 12:44, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
> My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
> lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
> Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
> I got used to it... :-)

Wizards get that intrinsic at XL:15. You can lose it by losing XL and
drop below 15, then you gain it again with an XL change to XL:15+, or
you might (not quite sure about that) lose it from a gremlin, then I'd
expect you could get it back by above procedure (lose XL, gain XL).
You can wear a ring of warning (you may wish for it or polypile for it).
Some artifacts provide that intrinsic (and may be wished for). A helm
of telepathy as a substitute might serve even better than the warning
intrinsic.

Janis

Re: lost intrinsics

<tfaoep$1pfq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2739&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#2739

From: lautreamont@inria.fr (Isidore Ducasse)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:38:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Isidore Ducasse - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 18:38 UTC

Thanks, I didn't think about this strategy, loosing and gaining XL.
May be too much indeed just for this intrinsic.
Anyway, I was playing on the Android port and there's a bug that killed
my game (2nd time I lose a strong character on Android: I definitely
do not recommend seriously playing on Android!).

On 2022-09-07, Janis Papanagnou <janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 07.09.2022 12:44, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
>> My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
>> lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
>> Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
>> I got used to it... :-)
>
> Wizards get that intrinsic at XL:15. You can lose it by losing XL and
> drop below 15, then you gain it again with an XL change to XL:15+, or
> you might (not quite sure about that) lose it from a gremlin, then I'd
> expect you could get it back by above procedure (lose XL, gain XL).
> You can wear a ring of warning (you may wish for it or polypile for it).
> Some artifacts provide that intrinsic (and may be wished for). A helm
> of telepathy as a substitute might serve even better than the warning
> intrinsic.
>
> Janis

Re: lost intrinsics

<0dacad84-0a24-4cb3-8c38-c1653418bce4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=2741&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#2741

Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 14:33:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: niodoru@hotmail.com (Yosemite Sam)
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 21:33 UTC

On Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 1:38:24 PM UTC-5, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
> Thanks, I didn't think about this strategy, loosing and gaining XL.
> May be too much indeed just for this intrinsic.
> Anyway, I was playing on the Android port and there's a bug that killed
> my game (2nd time I lose a strong character on Android: I definitely
> do not recommend seriously playing on Android!).
> On 2022-09-07, Janis Papanagnou <janis_pap...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On 07.09.2022 12:44, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
> >> My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
> >> lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
> >> Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
> >> I got used to it... :-)
> >
> > Wizards get that intrinsic at XL:15. You can lose it by losing XL and
> > drop below 15, then you gain it again with an XL change to XL:15+, or
> > you might (not quite sure about that) lose it from a gremlin, then I'd
> > expect you could get it back by above procedure (lose XL, gain XL).
> > You can wear a ring of warning (you may wish for it or polypile for it).
> > Some artifacts provide that intrinsic (and may be wished for). A helm
> > of telepathy as a substitute might serve even better than the warning
> > intrinsic.
> >
> > Janis

Get yourself an iPhone 14.