From: janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Subject: Failed to unrestrict Grayswandir
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 15:46:40 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 13:46 UTC

My lawful Caveman was lucky to find Grayswandir in Vecna's quest on
the floor. Enchanted it to +7, but he's restricted in sabres. So I
sacrificed a lot in hope to get sabres unrestricted by eventually
getting Werebane, but to no avail. Now he has reached the Castle
and in the weapon storeroom there's the Werebane! So sabres will
continue staying restricted. I am already crowned, so I'll mostly
stay with the +6 Excalibur (also only Basic here), I suppose,
switching to Grayswandir mainly for the shades at Orcus Town -
unless they are yet again equipped with wands of level drain.

Janis