You can't cheat the phone company.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

SubjectAuthor
* Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
+- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?Dave Smith
+- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?Cindy Hamilton
+- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?jmcquown
+- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?S Viemeister
+* Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?Sqwertz
|`- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?Bruce
`- Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?Leonard Blaisdell

1
Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<c08de6e1-ed0e-4b6f-9459-f080ee7aa5f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300240&group=rec.food.cooking#300240

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?
From: itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:40 UTC

What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
going out for this meal?

Here, it will be baking powder/cornstarch chicken wings in the air fryer.
The wings have been hanging out in the refrigerator for the last 24 hours
on a cooling rack resting inside a rimmed baking sheet to dry them out.
Along with the baking powder and cornstarch they'll receive a dusting
of seasoned salt along with garlic and onion powders and maybe a
sprinkle of Montreal Chicken Seasoning.

Scrubbed new potatoes will be cut in half for more roasting area. They'll
receive a drizzle of oil and the same seasoned salt and garlic powder,
too. Might as well keep the garlic theme going with the spuds as well.

Wings will cook at 425° for around 20 minutes with a turn at halftime.
Potatoes will also get 20 minutes to cook but at 400°.

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<nvdwN.434641$83n7.423316@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300242&group=rec.food.cooking#300242

Subject: Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.smith@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:42:26 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:42 UTC

On 2024-02-05 5:40 p.m., itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?

I had an early dinner because I have a Zoom meeting at 7pm. We had
creamed salmon on patty shells and peas.

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<HIdwN.74562$Sf59.13649@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300244&group=rec.food.cooking#300244

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamilton@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 22:56:39 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:56 UTC

On 2024-02-05, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?
>
> Here, it will be baking powder/cornstarch chicken wings in the air fryer.
> The wings have been hanging out in the refrigerator for the last 24 hours
> on a cooling rack resting inside a rimmed baking sheet to dry them out.
> Along with the baking powder and cornstarch they'll receive a dusting
> of seasoned salt along with garlic and onion powders and maybe a
> sprinkle of Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
>
> Scrubbed new potatoes will be cut in half for more roasting area. They'll
> receive a drizzle of oil and the same seasoned salt and garlic powder,
> too. Might as well keep the garlic theme going with the spuds as well.
>
> Wings will cook at 425° for around 20 minutes with a turn at halftime.
> Potatoes will also get 20 minutes to cook but at 400°.

Lunch was a sub with ham, pepperoni, provolone, hot pepper relish,
onion, lettuce, olive oil, vinegar and oregano.

Dinner will be a salad dressed with lemon vinaigrette.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<CTdwN.304619$7sbb.118597@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300246&group=rec.food.cooking#300246

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:08:12 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 23:08 UTC

On 2/5/2024 5:40 PM, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?
>
> Here, it will be baking powder/cornstarch chicken wings in the air fryer.
> The wings have been hanging out in the refrigerator for the last 24 hours
> on a cooling rack resting inside a rimmed baking sheet to dry them out.
> Along with the baking powder and cornstarch they'll receive a dusting
> of seasoned salt along with garlic and onion powders and maybe a
> sprinkle of Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
>
> Scrubbed new potatoes will be cut in half for more roasting area. They'll
> receive a drizzle of oil and the same seasoned salt and garlic powder,
> too. Might as well keep the garlic theme going with the spuds as well.
>
> Wings will cook at 425° for around 20 minutes with a turn at halftime.
> Potatoes will also get 20 minutes to cook but at 400°.

I haven't really thought about dinner yet. Probably something quick and
easy. A couple of eggs, scrambled (S&P is a given) with a bit of brie.
Perhaps a couple of strips of bacon to go with it. I bake a pound of
bacon at a time and wrap and freeze it in smaller portions. Doesn't
take but a minute to thaw and then reheat in the microwave. :)

Jill

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<l2dejoFi8bbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300257&group=rec.food.cooking#300257

From: firstname@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 00:59:42 +0000
 by: S Viemeister - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 00:59 UTC

On 05/02/2024 22:40, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?
>
> Here, it will be baking powder/cornstarch chicken wings in the air fryer.
> The wings have been hanging out in the refrigerator for the last 24 hours
> on a cooling rack resting inside a rimmed baking sheet to dry them out.
> Along with the baking powder and cornstarch they'll receive a dusting
> of seasoned salt along with garlic and onion powders and maybe a
> sprinkle of Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
>
> Scrubbed new potatoes will be cut in half for more roasting area. They'll
> receive a drizzle of oil and the same seasoned salt and garlic powder,
> too. Might as well keep the garlic theme going with the spuds as well.
>
> Wings will cook at 425° for around 20 minutes with a turn at halftime.
> Potatoes will also get 20 minutes to cook but at 400°.

Beef barley broth and home-baked whole wheat bread with Scottish cheddar
cheese.

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<1nm6rknc84ykg.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300268&group=rec.food.cooking#300268

From: sqwertzme@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 06:46:04 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 12:46 UTC

On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:40:33 -0800 (PST), itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?

Going out is cost prohibitive anymore. It used to be that it only
costs 3X more than you could do at home. But now it's 6X more.
Homey don't play that game. It's bad enough some groceries have
gone up 80% (while others have only gone up 10% - go figure).

> Here, it will be baking powder/cornstarch chicken wings in the air fryer.
> The wings have been hanging out in the refrigerator for the last 24 hours
> on a cooling rack resting inside a rimmed baking sheet to dry them out.
> Along with the baking powder and cornstarch they'll receive a dusting
> of seasoned salt along with garlic and onion powders and maybe a
> sprinkle of Montreal Chicken Seasoning.

I tore my air fryer apart to clean it. Then had amnesia
(literally) and couldn't figure out how to put it back together.
Still missing a part, but it's easier to clean now since the door
comes off easily (Sur La Tab air fryer from Costco - a one-off).

> Scrubbed new potatoes will be cut in half for more roasting area. They'll
> receive a drizzle of oil and the same seasoned salt and garlic powder,
> too. Might as well keep the garlic theme going with the spuds as well.
>
> Wings will cook at 425° for around 20 minutes with a turn at halftime.
> Potatoes will also get 20 minutes to cook but at 400°.

Dinner was 2 13oz trout caught in the back yard (err, in the water
in the back yard), gutted, boned, garlic buttered with oven
roasted potato wedges and broccoli. Pictures on reddit.

-sw

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<uptonf$vl08$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300277&group=rec.food.cooking#300277

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 04:02:38 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 17:02 UTC

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 06:46:04 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.compost>
wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:40:33 -0800 (PST), itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
>wrote:
>
>> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
>> going out for this meal?
>
>Going out is cost prohibitive anymore. It used to be that it only
>costs 3X more than you could do at home. But now it's 6X more.
>Homey don't play that game. It's bad enough some groceries have
>gone up 80% (while others have only gone up 10% - go figure).

So much for the little boy drama.

<snip>

Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?

<l2fkluFtujmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=300296&group=rec.food.cooking#300296

From: leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 6 Feb 2024 20:55:26 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 20:55 UTC

On 2024-02-05, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

> What's coming out of your kitchen tonight for dinner? Or will you be
> going out for this meal?

Ours was pork 'n york. I posted before I saw your query.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Monday Night, February 05, 2024, Dinner Plans?