Preserve wildlife -- pickle a squirrel today!

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

SubjectAuthor
* Air Fryer AsparagusEd P
+- Re: Air Fryer AsparagusItsJoanNotJoAnn
+* Re: Air Fryer Asparaguslucretia
|`* Re: Air Fryer AsparagusDave Smith
| `- Re: Air Fryer Asparaguscshenk
`* Re: Air Fryer Asparaguscshenk
 +- Re: Air Fryer AsparagusEd P
 `- Re: Air Fryer AsparagusHank Rogers

1
Air Fryer Asparagus

<65e9117b$0$876042$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303132&group=rec.food.cooking#303132

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:59:39 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Subject: Air Fryer Asparagus
 by: Ed P - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 00:59 UTC

Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?

Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
degrees for 7 minutes.

Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.

I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time and
effort.

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<6697107029c4d42d1bc0982d396da5ee@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303138&group=rec.food.cooking#303138

From: ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Air Fryer Asparagus
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 04:18:25 +0000
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 04:18 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
> them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?

> Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
> degrees for 7 minutes.

> Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
> think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
> texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.

> I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time and
> effort.

I saw some last week, actually a lot of them last week. I'll have to
check them out this week and try the air fryer method. I've done them
in the oven but the air fryer would be a lot quicker.

Thanks!

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<8edjui1l8qktrvt6h8efbqr5o7ka291ruf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303141&group=rec.food.cooking#303141

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 08:41:19 -0400
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 12:41 UTC

On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:59:39 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
>them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?
>
>Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
>degrees for 7 minutes.
>
>Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
>think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
>texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.
>
>I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time and
>effort.

Had some the other day and didn't think of air frying them, must try
next time, too convenient.

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<61kGN.517170$7sbb.472168@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303145&group=rec.food.cooking#303145

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.smith@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 09:18:41 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 14:18 UTC

On 2024-03-07 7:41 a.m., lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:59:39 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>

>> I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time and
>> effort.
>
> Had some the other day and didn't think of air frying them, must try
> next time, too convenient.

I like to stir fry it. Chop it into pieces about 1 to 1-1/2 inch and fry
it in olive oil with lots of garlic and a pinch of dried hot chili
flakes. Then you can toss in some cooked pasta and top with fresh
ground Parmesan.

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<nbmdnXolmfDb5nb4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303296&group=rec.food.cooking#303296

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 20:55:34 +0000
 by: cshenk - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:55 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
> them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?
>
> Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
> degrees for 7 minutes.
>
> Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
> think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
> texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.
>
> I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time
> and effort.

Nice! I was looking at a recipe for those. I'm not the best growing
zone for them so ours tend to be overly woody. I self defense of
waste, we like canned or jarred. Sorry, I know folks think that awful.
I don't care. We *like it* better than what is sold here.

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<nbmdnXUlmfDj5nb4nZ2dnZfqn_sAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303297&group=rec.food.cooking#303297

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 20:56:30 +0000
 by: cshenk - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:56 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-03-07 7:41 a.m., lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> >On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 19:59:39 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
> >

> > > I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less
> > > time and effort.
> >
> > Had some the other day and didn't think of air frying them, must try
> > next time, too convenient.
>

> I like to stir fry it. Chop it into pieces about 1 to 1-1/2 inch and
> fry it in olive oil with lots of garlic and a pinch of dried hot
> chili flakes. Then you can toss in some cooked pasta and top with
> fresh ground Parmesan.

Drool worthy!

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<65eb89cf$0$4675$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303308&group=rec.food.cooking#303308

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:57:35 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:57 UTC

On 3/8/2024 3:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Ed P wrote:
>
>> Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
>> them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?
>>
>> Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
>> degrees for 7 minutes.
>>
>> Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
>> think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
>> texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.
>>
>> I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time
>> and effort.
>
> Nice! I was looking at a recipe for those. I'm not the best growing
> zone for them so ours tend to be overly woody. I self defense of
> waste, we like canned or jarred. Sorry, I know folks think that awful.
> I don't care. We *like it* better than what is sold here.

According to the tag, these came from Minnesota. They were on the thick
side and I broke off quite a bit of the bottom too.

I've seen others in the past couple of months but they were thinner than
a pencil. Passed on them.

Re: Air Fryer Asparagus

<usg3k0$1udu7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=303323&group=rec.food.cooking#303323

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:31:30 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:31 UTC

cshenk wrote:
> Ed P wrote:
>
>> Bought some asparagus the other day. I've steamed them, I've grilled
>> them, I've oven roasted them. So, why not air fry?
>>
>> Very simple. Sprayed with oil, seasoned, put them in the fryer 400
>> degrees for 7 minutes.
>>
>> Came out very good, grated some Parmesan cheese on them. These were
>> think, just slightly smaller than an oak tree, but came out with nice
>> texture. Thinner ones I'd do with less time.
>>
>> I'd rate them about 95% as good as grilled, but with a lot less time
>> and effort.
>
> Nice! I was looking at a recipe for those. I'm not the best growing
> zone for them so ours tend to be overly woody. I self defense of
> waste, we like canned or jarred. Sorry, I know folks think that awful.
> I don't care. We *like it* better than what is sold here.

Sounds fine to me. Can you get asparagus at least as good as that sold in
Sasebo?