You will gain money by an illegal action.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Gobble, Gobble!

SubjectAuthor
* Gobble, Gobble!ItsJoanNotJoAnn
+* Re: Gobble, Gobble!Hank Rogers
|`- Re: Gobble, Gobble!ItsJoanNotJoAnn
+- Re: Gobble, Gobble!lucretia
+* Re: Gobble, Gobble!cshenk
|`* Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
| `* Re: Gobble, Gobble!cshenk
|  +* Re: Gobble, Gobble!ItsJoanNotJoAnn
|  |`* Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
|  | `* Re: Gobble, Gobble!cshenk
|  |  +* Re: Gobble, Gobble!Janet
|  |  |`- Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
|  |  `* Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
|  |   `- Re: Gobble, Gobble!Leonard Blaisdell
|  `- Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
+- Re: Gobble, Gobble!jmcquown
`* Re: Gobble, Gobble!Graham
 +- Re: Gobble, Gobble!William Price
 `- Re: Gobble, Gobble!ItsJoanNotJoAnn

1
Gobble, Gobble!

<fff287a0afbd57509242b9887d1afe07@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304049&group=rec.food.cooking#304049

From: ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Gobble, Gobble!
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:11:12 +0000
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:11 UTC

I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed
in any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
shrubs and undergrowth. But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
each side of the trails mowed. I saw no deer today but did spy two
turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me. Were they
just as surprised as me?? First time seeing these fellows.

LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
skate boarders. That will be all the riding I do for a few days
as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut08o8$1ujb2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304051&group=rec.food.cooking#304051

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Gobble, Gobble!
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 20:37:05 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:37 UTC

ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
> The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed in any
> way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
> shrubs and undergrowth.  But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
> each side of the trails mowed.  I saw no deer today but did spy two turkeys
> about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me.  Were they just as
> surprised as me??  First time seeing these fellows.
>
> LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
> skate boarders.  That will be all the riding I do for a few days
> as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

You used your electric bike, or a plain pedal bike?

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<f188276e5eb3a0c48561476fafaec48d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304053&group=rec.food.cooking#304053

From: ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 03:26:58 +0000
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 03:26 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

> You used your electric bike, or a plain pedal bike?

An electric bike, that's the only kind I own.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<k9b8vi9ph0pikmqhlhj9kdd32m11h30cot@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304060&group=rec.food.cooking#304060

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 08:13:20 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:13 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:11:12 +0000, ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net
(ItsJoanNotJoAnn) wrote:

>I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
>We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
>The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed
>in any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
>shrubs and undergrowth. But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
>each side of the trails mowed. I saw no deer today but did spy two
>turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me. Were they
>just as surprised as me?? First time seeing these fellows.

Good fun, I'd love to do that!

>LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
>skate boarders. That will be all the riding I do for a few days
>as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<EJWcnZ0XY569OWn4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304103&group=rec.food.cooking#304103

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:40:16 +0000
 by: cshenk - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:40 UTC

ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:

> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
> The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed
> in any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
> shrubs and undergrowth. But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
> each side of the trails mowed. I saw no deer today but did spy two
> turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me. Were they
> just as surprised as me?? First time seeing these fellows.
>
> LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
> skate boarders. That will be all the riding I do for a few days
> as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

Sounds lovely! We were that yesterday in Virginia Beach. Now it's
starting to cloud up with rain tomorrow and back to the 60's for a
little bit. Apple trees showing bud sign.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut2ag7$2ejat$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304116&group=rec.food.cooking#304116

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:19:15 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:19 UTC

On 3/14/2024 9:11 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
> The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed in
> any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
> shrubs and undergrowth.  But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
> each side of the trails mowed.  I saw no deer today but did spy two
> turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me.  Were they just
> as surprised as me??  First time seeing these fellows.

Sounds nice! It's quite warm here, too. 81°F yesterday, nearly 84°F
today. I've never seen turkeys in the wild. There was a herd of does
behind my house at dusk one day last week:

https://i.postimg.cc/ncF6Jrk3/a-herd.jpg

I don't recall seeing that many at once before; there were a few more
that had wandered out of sight.

> LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
> skate boarders.  That will be all the riding I do for a few days
> as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow morning. We had a really
nasty thunderstorm Friday week and into Saturday morning that took down
some tree limbs.

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut2c3g$2ejat$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304124&group=rec.food.cooking#304124

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:46:37 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:46 UTC

On 3/15/2024 3:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>
>> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
>> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
>> The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed
>> in any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
>> shrubs and undergrowth. But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
>> each side of the trails mowed. I saw no deer today but did spy two
>> turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me. Were they
>> just as surprised as me?? First time seeing these fellows.
>>
>> LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
>> skate boarders. That will be all the riding I do for a few days
>> as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.
>
> Sounds lovely! We were that yesterday in Virginia Beach. Now it's
> starting to cloud up with rain tomorrow and back to the 60's for a
> little bit. Apple trees showing bud sign.

There are plenty of things that have been bursting with blooms here for
months but then again, this is a sub-tropical climate:

https://i.postimg.cc/yd41KG7h/back-corner.jpg

:)

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<65f4b773$0$2077920$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304128&group=rec.food.cooking#304128

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:02:42 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.stereo@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:02 UTC

On 2024-03-14 7:11 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
> The wild areas running along side the paved trails are never groomed in
> any way and are very natural with lots of varying sizes of trees,
> shrubs and undergrowth.  But they do keep about 6 feet wide swath on
> each side of the trails mowed.  I saw no deer today but did spy two
> turkeys about 40 feet off the trail staring back at me.  Were they just
> as surprised as me??  First time seeing these fellows.
>
> LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
> skate boarders.  That will be all the riding I do for a few days
> as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.

Lucky you! Even though we are experiencing Spring-like weather, more
snow is forecast next week.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut2fdh$bkci$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304132&group=rec.food.cooking#304132

From: price.is.right@yahoo.net (William Price)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 17:43:13 -0400
 by: William Price - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:43 UTC

Graham wrote:
> Even though we are experiencing Spring-like weather, more
> snow is forecast next week.

What did you expect when you moved to a frozen shithole?

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<1e32266c34d5e66f6edc1bb2c78a8c4e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304147&group=rec.food.cooking#304147

From: ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:14:35 +0000
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:14 UTC

Graham wrote:

> On 2024-03-14 7:11 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>
>> I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it was!
>> We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were calling me.
>>
> Lucky you! Even though we are experiencing Spring-like weather, more
> snow is forecast next week.

Two riders passed me on very quiet, very small fat tire motor bikes with
a child on the back of each. They zipped by so fast I didn't really
catch what they were riding other than they were very mini. Another
rider passed me on a strange look e-bike that was sporting tires like
English bicycles have. The frame was just a slim as the tires, too.
The center of the frame was solid, and I've not found out what brand it
was. Being an e-bike rider yourself you know they have a particular
sound to them when they pass you.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<37ScndlzcqUsZ2j4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304296&group=rec.food.cooking#304296

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:01:53 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:01 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 3/15/2024 3:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> >
> > > I headed out on my bike today and what a beautiful warm day it
> > > was! We reached 81°F/27.22°C and the trails in the park were
> > > calling me. The wild areas running along side the paved trails
> > > are never groomed in any way and are very natural with lots of
> > > varying sizes of trees, shrubs and undergrowth. But they do keep
> > > about 6 feet wide swath on each side of the trails mowed. I saw
> > > no deer today but did spy two turkeys about 40 feet off the trail
> > > staring back at me. Were they just as surprised as me?? First
> > > time seeing these fellows.
> > >
> > > LOTS if cyclists, several walkers/joggers, one skater, and two
> > > skate boarders. That will be all the riding I do for a few days
> > > as rain is expected for tonight and Friday.
> >
> > Sounds lovely! We were that yesterday in Virginia Beach. Now it's
> > starting to cloud up with rain tomorrow and back to the 60's for a
> > little bit. Apple trees showing bud sign.
>
> There are plenty of things that have been bursting with blooms here
> for months but then again, this is a sub-tropical climate:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/yd41KG7h/back-corner.jpg
>
> :)
>
> Jill

What is the bush? It would work well at the side of my backyard gate.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<99e1f04242fdb8495664a45528734985@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304298&group=rec.food.cooking#304298

From: ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:12:19 +0000
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:12 UTC

cshenk wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> There are plenty of things that have been bursting with blooms here
>> for months but then again, this is a sub-tropical climate:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/yd41KG7h/back-corner.jpg
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Jill

> What is the bush? It would work well at the side of my backyard gate.

Azalea. I've got three in the front yard but mine are a variety that is
very low.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut563o$331qp$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304339&group=rec.food.cooking#304339

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:22:44 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:22 UTC

On 3/16/2024 4:01 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Sounds lovely! We were that yesterday in Virginia Beach. Now it's
>>> starting to cloud up with rain tomorrow and back to the 60's for a
>>> little bit. Apple trees showing bud sign.
>>
>> There are plenty of things that have been bursting with blooms here
>> for months but then again, this is a sub-tropical climate:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/yd41KG7h/back-corner.jpg
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> What is the bush? It would work well at the side of my backyard gate.

It's an azaela.

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ut56gk$331qp$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304341&group=rec.food.cooking#304341

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:29:36 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:29 UTC

On 3/16/2024 4:12 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> There are plenty of things that have been bursting with blooms here
>>> for months but then again, this is a sub-tropical climate:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/yd41KG7h/back-corner.jpg
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> Jill
>
>> What is the bush?  It would work well at the side of my backyard gate.
>>
> Azalea.  I've got three in the front yard but mine are a variety that is
> very low.

Yep. I have low growing azaleas along the walkway towards the front
door behind some low boxwoods. They don't grow to be more than 3 feet tall:

https://i.postimg.cc/Qt77sLtp/low-azaela.jpg

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<ZRudnRdkwZe20mr4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304520&group=rec.food.cooking#304520

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 20:14:35 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 20:14 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 3/16/2024 4:12 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> > cshenk wrote:

> > > What is the bush?  It would work well at the side of my backyard
> > > gate.
> > >
> > Azalea.  I've got three in the front yard but mine are a variety
> > that is very low.
>
> Yep. I have low growing azaleas along the walkway towards the front
> door behind some low boxwoods. They don't grow to be more than 3
> feet tall:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Qt77sLtp/low-azaela.jpg
>
> Jill

Ok, the second picture looks like azaela. The first one doesn't quite.

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<MPG.40621f3e465e4292989c10@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304573&group=rec.food.cooking#304573

From: nobody@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 09:52:40 -0000
 by: Janet - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 09:52 UTC

In article
<ZRudnRdkwZe20mr4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
cshenk@virginia-beach.net says...

> jmcquown wrote:

> > > Azalea.  I've got three in the front yard but mine are a variety
> > > that is very low.
> >
> > Yep. I have low growing azaleas along the walkway towards the front
> > door behind some low boxwoods. They don't grow to be more than 3
> > feet tall:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/Qt77sLtp/low-azaela.jpg
> >
> > Jill
>
> Ok, the second picture looks like azaela. The first one doesn't quite.

It's an azalea behind a boxwood, like she just told
you.

Janet UK

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<utacc0$cch9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304621&group=rec.food.cooking#304621

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:40:12 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 21:40 UTC

On 3/17/2024 4:14 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Azalea.  I've got three in the front yard but mine are a variety
>>> that is very low.
>>
>> Yep. I have low growing azaleas along the walkway towards the front
>> door behind some low boxwoods. They don't grow to be more than 3
>> feet tall:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Qt77sLtp/low-azaela.jpg
>>
>> Jill
>
> Ok, the second picture looks like azaela. The first one doesn't quite.

There are many different varieties of azaleas that grow to different
heights and with different size blooms. This one is out front by the
corner of the garage:

https://i.postimg.cc/qqPyPk31/azalea2.jpg

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<utacjl$cch9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304624&group=rec.food.cooking#304624

From: j_mcquown@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:44:17 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 21:44 UTC

On 3/18/2024 5:52 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article
> <ZRudnRdkwZe20mr4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> cshenk@virginia-beach.net says...
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Yep. I have low growing azaleas along the walkway towards the front
>>> door behind some low boxwoods. They don't grow to be more than 3
>>> feet tall:
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Qt77sLtp/low-azaela.jpg
>>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> Ok, the second picture looks like azaela. The first one doesn't quite.
>
> It's an azalea behind a boxwood, like she just told
> you.
>
> Janet UK

Yes; that is a variety that will never grow very tall. The others get
quite tall. I have them cut way back after they stop blooming so they
will bud and bloom again later in the year.

Jill

Re: Gobble, Gobble!

<l5s9m6FrfetU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=304649&group=rec.food.cooking#304649

From: leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 19 Mar 2024 01:56:22 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 01:56 UTC

On 2024-03-18, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> There are many different varieties of azaleas that grow to different
> heights and with different size blooms. This one is out front by the
> corner of the garage:

> https://i.postimg.cc/qqPyPk31/azalea2.jpg

I planted an azalea in my front planter. It was a beautiful bush and
survived the first winter. It didn't survive the second.

leo